This Green Apple Has Fallen Far From Its Tree

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I feel Schotty should be the one leading the offense and helping them stick together. I think he is almost completely responsible for Holmes being disgruntled. His job is to use our offensive weapons to their strengths. We gave Holmes a mega deal then use him in less than 10% of our plays. That makes no sense. Yeah, it falls on Rex, but only because he oversees the team. The true blame goes on Schottenheimer, for losing control of the offense, but every media outlet hides this fact to try and keep the Schottenheimer name in good standing, while using Rex as a throw rug. It's disgusting. I'd be pissed if I was playing for that team as well, with all the pitiful play designs and calls. Fix the line, get rid of Schotty, draft a receiver, beef up a few spots here and there and we are golden next year.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Until Rex assigns accountability to anybody but himself, he is the one that deserves responsibility. He brings it on himself.

I love Rex, and can't stand Schotty, but Rex is the one that was pounding the table to trade for Santonio, because of his playmaking ability. He all but admitted it. Never mind that the guy was a documented head case, never mind that Pittsburgh was willing to part with him for a case of Corn Nuts, get the playmaker. 'He always beat my defense in Baltimore.'

Schotty sucks at putting his players in position to succeed, this is a documented fact. But if there were problems of this magnitude in his locker room, Rex needed to know about them. He was oblivious.

#42 abyzmul, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Rex needs to keep his mouth shut!

4. akibud

akibud Active Member

very well written article Abyzmul,

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't get this? Sure the talk gets annoying but why would anyone want rex to be someone other than who he is? Did that work out for Mangini w/ his BB imitation? rex is a loudmouth but a damn good coach. I want him to keep talking, I thought the team didn't talk enough this year until it was too late.

6. abyzmul

The guy in your username needs to keep his mouth shut.

7. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Everybody in the media is ripping Rex a new A*hole because of his loud mouth and his Super Bowl predictions. He needs to Shut the f8c* up..

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No, players need to step the fuck up and start producing on the field especially that homo in your username.

9. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Ryan spends too much time bringing attention to himself to take the time to coach and manage the players. He encourages free speech and foolish behavior, how could his players do any different. I agree about Holmes this year but Santonio was not the problem last year...

10. abyzmul

Last year the team made it to the AFC Championship game. This year they collapsed in the final 3 games. And Captain Shit-heel wasn't exactly a positive influence.