McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The point was that both Robinson & Ryan were people's choice back-ups who were popular because of fans' dissatisfaction with first round QB draft-choices (todd & O'Brien) who were not living up to hopes and expectations. Sound familiar?

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

glad you asked. during pre-season, the kid did not lock in on only his primary receiver, did not throw picks to defensive lineman, and obviously knew the playbook. the insider guy on espn knows him personally, and said he has skills and high character. the insider guy on nfl network said he was told by team insiders that sanchez does not know the playbook as well as mc elroy does.

and, i haven't seen any articles about mc elroy shagging more than one woman per night or coming out of kate upton's place. while the season is on. when the 3rd wr can throw a better pass , on target, on the run, than your starting qb does, then you have a real problem.

mc elroy has a body of work also at alabama, and it sure as hell is much better than anything sanchez did at usc for a one-year game record.

#222 mr nyjet, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, it does. We were lucky that McElroy was hurt this season. We'd definitely have had a QB controversy if not.

4. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Put Sanchez up against a 5th string defense. I'm sure he'll look like the stud you desire.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Hadn't thought of that. I think you are right.

If we have a Sanchez, Shotty, Holmes locker room next year, don't be surprised if the controversy rears it's ugly head.

6. Endlessly Counting

Uh-oh! Good point. I feel certain that Schotty will not be here however, even if he has to take a college job.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

alabama played much better teams than usc did.

they were national champs, and mc elroy was the starting qb.

even in pre-season, sanchez shit the bed no matter what defense was on the field.

8. Mr. Green Pants

This is pure fantasy. McElroy's high football IQ and big game experience are undeniable but so are his weak arm, lack of mobility, and lack of NFL game experience. The truth is, it's a huge stretch to assume he'd be an upgrade over Sanchez, regardless of what "the insider guy on ESPN" says.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Give McElroy mad props for speaking so openly on how toxic the locker room had become. Where the fuck are Revis, Mangold, Sanchez??? They take home the the biggest checks and are not helping to reign in the chaos around them.

I know that being the best player or the highest paid doesn't mean you have to have leadership skills but damn is anybody stepping up?

10. Mr. Green Pants

You really have no idea what Revis, Mangold, or anyone else is doing to address the situation.

11. Endlessly Counting

This is so true. Where do posters on this board get their "insight"

Another thing I like is when they show a picture of a player on the side-lines and everyone makes assumptions about what he's doing.

Other than things like the guy taking a leak, its hard be sure what's going on

I remember Bill Polian hanging up on Russo years ago (with sneak Francessa remaining absolutely quiet) because of Russo's interpretation of Marvin Harrison's sideline demeanor

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

atleast the 3rd string QB had the balls to say something Sanchez couldn't bring him self to say

13. Mr. Green Pants

He can do that because nobody really gives a shit what he says.

14. Endlessly Counting

Sanchez was not in a position to talk after the season he had, and he knows it. It would sound like excuses and sour grapes.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Because now everybody on the Jets -- and all the Jets fans -- know that this wasn't a 'slight disagreement' in the locker room but a year-long CANCER that helped DESTROY this season.

For God's Sake, you had a guy on the inside basically saying that a bunch of guys DIDN'T GIVE A F*** IF THE TEAM WON OR LOST, they were more concerned with their own stats..

Do you think guys like that are all-in on Sunday's 100% ???

McElroy is being 100% honest...if it was an 'unnamed source' or a star player, you'd have a possible agenda at play. McElroy has NOTHING TO GAIN HERE -- he's a 1st year player who was on IR and wants a job for the next 10 years -- and he was 100% honest.

This kid GAVE A DAMN about the team.

If the other 52 guys on the team had, we'd be discussing a bye-week this week and our possible opponents in 11 days.

16. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

well, he just earned some respect now

saying what needed to be said

No matter how much he sucks, he seemed like he cared for the team

17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

No, he can say it because he can speak the truth without splitting the team further.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schotty and/or Sanchez gave him the go-ahead or told him to do what he wanted.

You think Schotty, Sanchez, Rex, or real pros like Mangold could say this ? No....because then you have to make a choice for sure.

This way, the dirty laundry is 100% out....and now Holmes has been put on notice: change your f****** attitude, or you're toast.

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Not like we would know, but I can't say I'm surprised. Antonio Cromartie is the first one that comes to mind.

19. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

He ain't killlin the Jets, he's just telling it like it was. He's either a super smart mothafuka....or he's just crazy...view article...:::
    McElroy sounds like the future QB of the Jets ???

McElroy says Mason set back Schottenheimer

| More Print
    4:18 PM, January 4, 2012 ι By MIKE BATTAGLINO
    The biggest problem with the Jets offense wasn't even on the team for most of the season.

Backup quarterback Greg McElroy told an Alabama radio station Wednesday that trying to fit wide receiver Derrick Mason into the offense set it back, then hurt it even further after Mason was traded.

"Early in the season, we had signed Derrick Mason and we had him for about the first five weeks, give or take," McElroy told 97.3 The Zone. "And we tried to go to like an 11-set, a three wide receiver set, one tight end, one running back, and that's just not the strength of what (Brian) Schottenheimer can call.

"After we kind of cut ties with that experiment, for (Weeks) 2-3, and we were just kind of battling every week from there on out, and I think we never really got in much of a groove. We just never really had much of an offensive identity."

After a Week 4 loss to the Ravens, Mason was publicly critical of the offense. Despite Rex Ryan's prediction that Mason would catch 90 passes, he barely played in the following game against the Patriots was traded to the Texans two days later.

McElroy said Schottenheimer did his best to adapt, but the offense finished ranked 25th in the NFL.

"He's an absolutely tireless worker, he works incredibly hard, but I think next year I think he realizes also we just need to do more from an offensive perspective and kind of develop that mindset and develop what kind of offense we want to be," McElroy said of Schottenheimer, whom Rex Ryan said he expects back.

"You can't just change philosophies midway through the season. I think that hurt us."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...ack_jets_z0XteT9ft6D1sRKR87AV4L#ixzz1iXnw2Zlj

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Yeah no kidding. But that kind of thing is going to com out sooner or later. I'd rather it'd be from a more respected player like Pouha or something.