McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Listen to the audio at the 6.45 mark - McElroy says that Mason's presence (as a 3rd reciever) didn't work with Schotty's strategy, or maybe better Schotty's strengths as an OC/.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

so did namath. he worked out for us, didn't he?

this guy is already light years ahead of sanchez. you don't just give a guy a job cause he was a first-round pick. sanchez may turn out to be the offensive version of vernon gholston. both drafted by the bean counter.

3. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

Anyone on the team has the right to tell the truth. Calling out your fellow teammates for poor play or private issues would be in poor taste, but calling them out for not being committed members of the team is fair game. For anyone inside the locker room...which McElroy is, whether or not he's a good player, whether or not he's played much.

You can't "betray" teammates if they've already betrayed the team by not giving their all.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Wonder if the Jets will have open competition at the QB position next year?

j/k

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Hes a rookie who was on IR, its not his place to say things like this to the media even though I agree with what hes saying, still not his place.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to play to recognize there is something wrong in the locker room. Personally,i think it is obvious that there were problems. I've said it before. I think the lack of ground and pound was due to the usual, bitch recievers demanding the ball.

7. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Frankly, I'm glad McElroy said something. Bleed out all the poison. Rex and Tanny can't just try to sweep this under the rug. So far, I've heard NOTHING from Rex to make me think he realizes that this is on him.

8. Mr. Green Pants

Sorry, this is just plain stupid. Knee jerk, reactionary nonsense. No doubt, Rex is dealing with a significant team chemistry issue here, but this kind of thing comes with the territory in the NFL. Coaches have to put out fires all...the...time. You don't get rid of a guy who's had the kind of success Rex has without giving him a chance to fix the problem.

9. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

It's anyone's place to tell the truth.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Mcelroy's interview is now on the front page of nfl.com so the FO are going to have to have some sort of a response

11. Mr. Green Pants

So, admitting he didn't have the pulse of the team this year wasn't an admission of a personal failing?

12. mr nyjet

:beer:what he said:)

13. mr nyjet

really? really? bart scott has a mouth ( all i know is that i have a guaranteed $4 million contract) and if i had a dollar for every tackle he misses, i'd be dining on kobe steak right now.

the kid just became my favorite jet.:beer:

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I'm telling you..He's the new Matt Robinson, if not Pat Ryan

15. mr nyjet

better to draft a pass rusher every year. as joe thomas used to say, you can never have too many of them. see the giants this year or the 07 super bowl for references.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Matt Robinson was a better QB. Pat Ryan was a career backup who was good enough to fill in when the Jets needed him. One of them got to play with no support at all, just like Richard Todd - who was a much better QB than him. The other one got to play with a strong team that had lost its identity when the man who put it together got fired due to personal failings.

17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

AMEN BROTHER. I know Hunter was inept, but you could tell the guy tried. He was probably busting his ass all season and just doesn't have the skill set. Regardless he should be able to call out somebody like Holmes who is not putting the team first.

Also, I can't find the post but somebody assumed LT might be part of the problem, and Id have to say he is the last person I would put in the selfish category. I hope everybody saw him encouraging Sanchez after the last touchdown in Miami (which was meaningless unless we recovered an onside kick), and besides, that guy wants a superbowl, stats don't mean shit to him nowadays. I would like to keep more guys like LT around. Dump Holmes.

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Can you give one shred of evidence to back up your statement that McElroy is "light years ahead of Sanchez?"

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

woa woa woa. Every coach has to put out fires? yes, I agree. But this is far more than that. He completely lost his team. He ADMITTED to it on top of it. He doesnt call defensive plays anymore. He admits to not even bothering to drop in on the offense meetings anymore. So what exactly did Rex do this year? He had some success with a team he inherited. The more input he has, the worse the team gets. The team 100% quit on him, It wasnt just Santonio. He should be out

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

rex admits his personal failings about as often as he announces one of his players is awesome.