McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

This is great news, because now there is no way that MT and Rex can sugar-coat this cancer that destroyed the season.

They either fix it or I sincerely believe Woody will (1) fire them both or (2) put them on notice.

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Keep it behind closed doors??? Why? WTF good will that do? If the locker room is infected, fumigate that shit!

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We got a HUGE WARNING during the Mason s***. Every beat writer and columnist said there were MULTIPLE CANCERS in the lockerroom. We were told that Mason was not a problem and that Kerley could take his place and that Mason was going to a contender where he could do more.

No more lies, Rex and MT. We are not stupid. This is not 1970 where if it isn't in the paper or on the 6:00 News we can't find out about it.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Are people forgetting that Rex clearly said he lost the team already?

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

McElroy is used to being the leader of a great (college) team... this is why he felt the freedom to speak up. That said:

1) Although he criticized the team and the Derrick Mason situation he offered positive outlooks in both cases. That's not to be over-looked. He wasn't bashing the team, merely pointing out where there are problems to solve.

2) Players speaking up now isn't going to affect (effect?) what happens in September. All it's going to do is make Rex and Tanny stop being in denial and actually do something.

Like McElroy said, all of this happening can turn out to make the team even stronger and united... as long as problems are dealt with.

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

agreed 100%... but most fans here feel that Ryan is the best coach in Jets history, he's a great guy. Tell me why the Ravens didn't hire him to be their head coach if he's such a great guy? He is obviously an awesome DC. But, admitting to not knowing the pulse of his team, not knowing why his prized highly overpaid WR is not in the game with 2 minutes to go, while trying to come from behind, and now also admitting to not even attending offense team meetings!!

I wouldn't miss him if he was fired today.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's be extremely hypocritical of them to cut McElroy for this when Rex, Santonio and others have said and did what they wanted all season long that's led to this meltdown and Santonio didn't get punished for one lousy thing until the last two minutes of the last regular season game. Not to mention it'd be cutting their nose off to spite their face because quite frankly, you need him around to challenge Sanchez.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't help but think this is all caused by captain Santurdio. I don't see any way he can wear a Jets uniform again.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Hugh Douglas would know about that

10. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Exactly!!! Telling him to shut up is stupid. He's a high character guy and not just gonna make up crap like that. If that's what the lockerroom was like, then changes MUST be made.

These fans who just blindly drink the Kool-Aid and refuse to see the problems just slay me.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I bet alot of what McElroy said is right on. I can see guys caring more about individual statistics than winning and losing. Especially when their head coach takes time in a public forum to discuss these matters. It starts from the top.

The week of the playoffs when awards are announced and when a Darrelle Revis isn't chosen as Defensive Player of the Year his answer should be - "Darrelle's a great player : He's certainly OUR defensive player of the year. But we can't concern ourselves with awards and all that. We're trying to win the big one and everyone knows just how good Darrelle is anyway." Instead of taking time to make note of what he's done this season, using NUMBERS to reflect how he should win an individual award etc.

Ryan has done this with players not making the pro bowl as well. Just this year he took time to mention that they might need to get Harris "some dancing classes" so he can be more noticed for the pro bowl... WHO GIVES A flying S%*t about the pro bowl!! Other coaches dont thats for sure..

But its not just his pressers, it carries over to games as well. Risking injury and having Sanchez force passes into Burress late in a blowout so he can get his catches...

I can only imagine what discussion is like in the locker room and can completely see McElroy's point - especially for a sheltered, Southern boy in his 1st year in the NFL who isn't used to this stuff.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep. More honesty, anyway.

And ftr I don't think McElroy called out a specific player or unit, so I don't see the harm in what he said.

13. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

I love that at least someone said what was going on . Its crazy that it had to be a rookie third string QB. I'm sick of reading all the quotes from players ripping the looker room but not saying who it was or the player not saying it publicly.

The only way to change the locker room situation is put it out there and deal with it. By keeping it a secret the players who are selfish and for themselves can continue to do it. Good for McElroy I wish Sanchez would have stepped up as a leader and called Holmes out .

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Eggzactly.

There's gotta be some serious housecleaning here. Might as well do some of it in the open.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I know the cat's out of the bag, but I thought "leaders" and "team" guys were supposed to keep this kind of stuff in house.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

At the time it was just head-scratching and a little annoying, but in hindsight it was the first sign that there were real problems here.

These players have lost the right to have Rex care about their numbers...next year's going to be HUGE for Rex. Either he's going to learn from this and be a better coach or what I fear is that he's stubborn, he'll play the 'I yam what I yam' card and not change a thing.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

a 12 mill cap hit, that's what will make us see Holmes playing in a Jet uniform again.

Holmes, Scott and Schotty's contracts were all BAD contracts by Tannenbaum... he needs to wake the F up... it seems like all he did last season was concentrat on the Aso bullshit.

That said I think Tanny didn't imagine how bad Holmes situation would get in just a year.

18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Good for fucking McElroy. Anyone telling him to shutup is a moron, not like this shit needs to be kept quiet. Blow that shit out of the water, let the whole world know. I hope players start throwing the problem guys under the bus in the media, because all of their shit threw the team under the bus when it mattered.

Like any of us really care about disrupting the fragile state of things. It's not fragile any more, it's shattered. The only way to fix it is to throw out the pieces and start again, not sit there and pretend it's not so bad.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the cat has been left the bag. I dont know why so many are praising this guy. All he did was throw recycled fuel on the fire.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The people suggesting that McElroy should be released or traded for this... I don't understand. Like, I literally don't understand the argument.

He speaks out -- vehemently, disgustedly -- AGAINST a me-first locker room that clearly played a major role in burying our season... and he's the one you want gone?

The one guy with a bag of sand in a room full of vaginas?

Hey, sends a great message. Super Bowl!!!