McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Interesting, I don't get that read from Bart Scott at all. In fact, after the Chiefs victory he was the only one to say they aren't a playoff team and pointed out some of the issues.

That doesn't sound like a selfish stat guy to me.

2. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Seems like it is all on the offensive side. And if Rex wasn't involved, then it falls on Schotty not taking control of his guys on that side of the ball. Of course, it all starts with his crap system not working for basically anybody. Lineman, RB's, WR's, TE's the RB...nothing really worked well when it needed to. And thank god we have a top 10 defense because this Offense got more possessions than most teams to work with and still sucked.

It's really a total breakdown in coaching...beginning in the locker room and leading into the practices and games.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Howd he make his teamates look bad? He pointed out that players were more concerned about themselves, we all knew that. Just look at Holmes making fun of the Eagles. That was so selfish.....

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Is a 3rd string QB who was hurt all year equivalent to the little girl who told the Emperor she could see his, uh, lack of apparel?

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I view this as a complete positive.

Might as well hit rock bottom now so things can only get better.

Also Mac's quote shows he's been extremely sheltered being from the South. "Maybe it's the nature of the NFL..."

Gee don't you watch sports? Most of these guys are like this GMac...

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

McElroy already appears to be showing more leadership skills than Sackchez.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I love being a jets fan - where else could you get this kind of drama from an 8-8 team.

GO JETS!!!!!!

8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Do none of you realize that there are people like this on all 32 NFL teams. There will always be people who only care about statistics. Maybe being a rookie he did not realize this? But come on every team cannot have 53 players who only care about winning.

9. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

If your wife is fat do you go around telling everyone how fat she is?

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

except for the Patriots of course - its the Patriot Way!!!!

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

McElroy isn't afraid to speak his mind, for better or for....

Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy knows he’s not as good an athlete as Auburn quarterback Cam Newton. And McElroy is pretty sure he’s going to be waiting to hear his name called at the NFL draft long after Newton has been selected.

But McElroy thinks he’s more ready to play in the NFL than Newton is.

Asked on the Dan Patrick Show who’s better prepared to play in the NFL of the two of them, McElroy picked himself.

“I say me,” McElroy said. “Obviously, my talent level has a much lower ceiling than Cam. That’s fair, and I respect and understand that. But I don’t think I’m the only guy in the NFL that might have that same problem — I don’t think Peyton Manning is as athletic as Cam.”

McElroy says he has an advantage over Newton because he has much more experience playing in a pro-style offense, and that he’s better than Newton at reading defenses.

“As far as understanding and processing information . . . five years down the road will he be a more productive player than me? That remains to be seen,” McElroy said. “I think with my experience in the pro-style offense, my ability to drop back from under center, make checks from the line of scrimmage without looking at the sideline, all of those things play in my corner as far as being very prepared to make the transition to the next level.”

McElroy also confirmed he got a 48 on the Wonderlic, and he said NFL teams are higher on him than most people realize.

“I think I will get drafted higher than a lot of people suggest,” McElroy said.

Kid has that delusional cockiness in him...I like that. Hope he gets kept.

12. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Randy Moss? Albert Haynesworth? Ochofago? Corey Dillon? Fagney Harrison? Howie Feltersnatch?

13. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone said something and actually gave out their name. Most of these reports have been from people who have kept their identities secret. Maybe everyone will wake the hell up.

14. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

That's kinda how I feel, too.

haha, great attitude. :)

15. rdowns

rdowns Member

But this does.

Twitter:

@ConorTOrr: Bart Scott did not talk, all he said on the way out on coming back was: "all I know is I got a guaranteed contract for $4 million" #Jets

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^All about the Benjamins baby

17. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This is so, so true. I said last year that when and if Rex's time ends in New York it would be a violent storm not a peaceful separation. I really think that all this is the beginning of the end of the Rex Ryan regime.

18. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

He must have missed the 2 Wonderlic questions dealing with modesty.

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Honestly the kid could probably read coverages better than Sanchez. :rofl2:

20. Cynic

Cynic New Member

My Quarterback. This guy has already shown more fire in one interview and a couple preseason games then Sanchez in his entire career.