McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Good for McElroy,

We all know whats going on and I'm glad he said something. He's not throwing anyone under the bus hes telling us what we know

I hope this kid gets a fair shot at Sanchez next year.

2. avrus

avrus New Member

Bye McElroy, nice knowin' ya.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I will light a candle for you the day he gets the boot. I know it will be a dark day in your world.

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

You guys are ridiculous.

Every other player is saying the same thing, McElroy just has the balls to do it with his name being thrown out there. You want him to go, one of the bright spots in pre-season your all idiots.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's a reason the Steelers let Santonio Holmes go for a 5th round pick.

6. avrus

avrus New Member

You're misunderstanding. As a 3rd string quarterback you throw the team under the bus like this in the media and you're gone.

I don't want him to be gone, in fact I was hoping he'd move up to our backup and Brunell would retire.

It was a stupid move on his part.

7. NFLTime

NFLTime New Member

You think, maybe he wants out of this mess.... If he is good enough, he will get his chance.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm glad McElroy said something. Everyone involved with that team needs to re-evaluate what the Jets are all about and what we need to build to be a successful team. Not for 1 or 2 years. But for 10 years.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We don't need to hear reports from the locker room to know there's a problem. All the penalties, the mental mistakes, the inconsistent play, are an indication of an overall lack of discipline and a common understanding within the team as a group that should have a collective purpose.

But what I really mean here is that such reports confirm that there is such an overall lack with this team. Not only that, unfortunately, since while I am generally not averse to the occasional player speaking his mind, the events not only during the season but since are creating a perception of a team that is out of control.

The phrase "perception is reality" comes to mind. What that means is really more that perceptions create their own realities, in turn meaning perceptions have consequences. That is what is going on here, each day, like Chinese water torture, since the Jets lost taht Miami game.

I consider myself a Ryan fan and a supporter of his. But I am increasingly wondering how Ryan can fix all this. Each new disclosure makes it harder to do so.

On top of everything else, I doubt we see many free agents saying they want to play on the Jets this off season more than anywhere else becuase of the attitude and atmosphere created by Rex Ryan. Given recent developments, someone saying that would be taking on an entirely different, and bad, meaning as compared to last off season.

10. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Rex won't be out the door because Tanny was the one who signed low character, high risk players on the team. Guys that were known to be locker room cancers to begin with. I don't think they expect Rex to perform miracles here...but I dont think they expected this to backfire so badly.

And if you look at it closely, it's really not THAT bad. They finished a game away from making the playoffs. All Rex needs to do is instill a little more discipline, take no BS, and hire a OC who doesn't need to be 2nd guessed all the time. With this group your going 10-6 minimum and making the playoffs next year.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Rex said he wants 53 captains. So if theyre smart they'll treat him the same way they'd treat it if David Harris said this.

Your wrong

12. wfresh

wfresh New Member

In the last few years since Rex has been here, the Jets were the team/the organization to join if you were a free agent. I hope this "zoo" atmosphere doesnt deter the best FA from comin our way.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Exactly. This stuff should stay in house. If anyone needs to say something, it should be a veteran. This kid is barely hanging onto a roster spot, he hasn't contributed anything to the team, and yet he feels compelled to say that the locker room is corrupt?

Now his bosses are going to field 100 stupid ass questions from the NY media asking them to confirm or deny what he said to Bubba in Alabama. When it came time to make a judgment call, I think they would take the guy who has a strong arm, works hard, AND keeps his mouth shut.

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Cotchery wasnt a diva so he wanted out. Makes sense.

15. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

if they release him, It would be the worst move the Jets did in a while, hes got what it takes to be a great NFL qb.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Rex can say whatever the fuck he wants but if he then goes out and signs (or approves the signing of) guys like Cromartie and Holmes I'm sorry bu this 53 captains thing is bullshit.

And it wouldn't be the first time something Rex says is bullshit...

17. rdowns

rdowns Member

Listen to McElroy's radio interview here:

973thezone.com/Player/101201381/

Sorry, site won't let me post links.

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear the interviews. This is a load of shit. And someone has to be held accountable.

19. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

A mouthy 'Bama QB is the only reason this franchise has a SB victory.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

In that case, it all falls on Woody for allowing Tanny to allow Rex to say what he wants. Honestly it's a load of crap, and cop out when asked to address the problems. You don't ignore dropped passes and poor play calling, just to blame Rex. You don't ignore poor accuracy as a QB issue and instead point to Rex. You can always play the blame game and bump it all the way up the chain, but in reality, if you fire Rex or Tanny, nothing changes substantially. If you replace the weak links in the chain, it will actually make a difference on the team.

I see this poor logic all over the media. If your defensive coordinator is bad, it is his fault and you replace him, you don't shift blame to the head coach or GM, because they hired him. They don't do his job, HE does, and he is the only one you can blame, besides in certain circumstances. Schotty is the one losing control of the offense, because his play calling is terrible and his play design is often pretty bad. This is why Holmes is disgruntled. Oh wait, lemme guess, that is Tanny's fault as well?

McElroy shouldn't say a damn word just because he's a noob and needs a job next year. Maybe he's right, though, who knows.

#60 Barcs, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012