McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

at some point rex and tanny have to go to the players and tell them to keep in house shit in house...i like that rex talks but he has to be the only one allowed to do so.

2. BookEndTackles 72&79

Clearly there is enough smoke now that a fire is brewing in that locker room and Rex has lost the team. All of Rex' crying and begging isn't gonna get it down. Getting rid of the cancers and bringing in higher character guys who can be leaders is gonna have to be a priority. Rex better be looking in the mirror or his stay in New York is gonna be alot shorter than expected. It's his mess and he needs to clean this up

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Why are we surprised by this?? Rex HIMSELF said the other day he had no idea what the pusle of the team was. For that alone, I fire him. You cannot fail any worse as a coach of a team than not knowing the mindset of your guys. This is an incredible indictment on fat Rex. Absolutely a fireable ofense.

4. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Isn't giving players freedom his whole thing though? He made such a big deal out of how the Jets weren't the Pats and he doesn't treat his players like children that it would be hard to go back on it.

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Good for him.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Riiiiiight...

7. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

They need a more forceful presence at OC. They clearly don't have much respect for Schotty and they don't really see enough of Rex. Rex tends to be more focused on the defense and we can all see how much more dedicated to the team they are.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...rrupt-mindset-in-jets-locker-room-with-extrem

JANUARY 4, 2012
    Rookie QB Greg McElroy says there was a 'corrupt mindset' in Jets locker room with 'extremely selfish individuals' this season
    BY MANISH MEHTA

Two days after Rex Ryan admitted that he didn’t have his finger on the pulse of the Jets this season, rookie quarterback Greg McElroy revealed a toxic attitude that permeated the lockerroom.

“It’s definitely not a fun place to be,” McElroy told an Alabama radio station on Wednesday. “I can assure you.”

McElroy, who was placed on Injured Reserve due to a thumb injury, reiterated the vibe that several players talked about on Monday.

“It’s the first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals,” said McElroy, who was a seventh round pick out of Alabama. “I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our lockerroom that didn’t care whether we won or loss… as long as they got their… they really had a good game individually. And that’s the disappointing thing."

"It’s going to take a lot to kind of come together next year," he added. "I think the fact that we struggled at times this year really led to a really corrupt mindset within the lockerroom. But I think we’re going to regroup and I know that we’ll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year.”

On Monday, one player told the Daily News that “this place is a zoo.”

Bickering between Santonio Holmes and several teammates in Sunday’s season-ending loss to the Dolphins took center stage as the Jets missed the playoffs for the first time since Rex Ryan took over in 2009.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first guesses would be Holmes and Burress. Greene maybe (going for his first 1000 yd season). LT and Keller don't look like the type of guys doing that... same for Sanchez.

On D I really have no idea... Cromartie would be the first that comes to mind. Maybe some of the OLBs or DBs?

Didn't think McElroy could've been stupid enough to say these things on the radio, although he puts a nice spin to it at the end. We really missed the Cortland TC this year!

#28 Mambo9, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

With Rex you always knew the highs were going to be sky-high and the lows real low. We are witnessing the latter and it is Barry White at the bottom of the ocean low.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dude. You're forgetting he made the Jets relevant.

11. jonnyd

Youre a fool if you think Im wrong. You obviously dont get it. If the coach has no idea what is going on with his own team why is he there? If he doesnt have the pulse of the team then he cant possibly have their ear either. Get it? Probably not so Ill continue.

I said a bunch of times this season that I am perplexed by the fact that we always hear our players saying how much htey love Rex and would run through walls wfor him blah blah. Yet, all we did all year was commit stupid penalties, play undisciplined, show up totally unprepared to play ( Denver, Baltimore both Pats game to name a few). Not to mention the agregious turnovers that haunted us all year. Is this how a team plays when they are willing to jump through fire for a coach/ NOOOOO. Thats how a team plays when they dont give a fuck and theyre living a country club life.

I have never seen a coach in any sport ( IM 39) say on TV that he didnt have the pulse of his team. There is no worse foul a coach can commit

12. jonnyd

ahhh yes, and the entertaining "pressers"

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jerry Sandusky wants to see you in the shower young man.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This kid has no reason to make stuff up---in fact ---->Sadly this kid for speaking his mind will be released----------sadly if this is all true--Rex is on his way out the door

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Enjoy the CFL kid.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

McElroy is probably telling the truth but don't throw that shit out there. Especially from a 7th round 3rd string QB who's been on injured reserve all year.

Keep that shit in house, why make it even more of a zoo.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Being the QB on a National Championship Bama team, this kid is set for life NFL or not.

18. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Article

Statements and articles like this make me wonder if Rex Ryan ever had control of the team, or if things were just held together enough while we were winning. The free attitude seems to have backfired when things don’t go well.

This is extremely concerning, coupled with the fact that Rex himself has said he didn’t know what was going on with major decisions that were being made.

Also, the Brandon Moore / Santonio Holmes feud started in week 4, and it appears that it was never resolved. This anonymous vet that’s making statements about Santonio acting like a 10-year-old is obviously Moore.

The more we hear, the more that’s being revealed that there seems to be no cohesiveness, order, or leadership in the locker room. This loosy-goosey shit isn’t working. I’m not saying I want Eric Mangini as our coach again, but this team needs some discipline and needs to get rid of the divas.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is a sad day. Greg McElroy could have been the next Chad Pennington.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

"Everything wrong in the Universe is the fault of Brian Schottenheimer!!!"