17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 171JetGirl

171JetGirl Banned

How do you guys know who Jets are playing next year?

2. sect105

sect105 New Member

This was my last year of season tix! My seats were upgraded this year from last year, but I guess i was spoiled in the lower level of the old stadium. Season tix have been in the family since 1970 and I have been going to games since 1981. Upper deck seats are not worth the money spent. I will be buying yellow parking passes and watching the games on a flat screen in the parking lot. Our Tailgate group has continually gotten larger each year at L5, and it is actually a better experience outside than in. just avoiding the treck up and down is enough to cancel. The last two years i have been either leaving at halftime or not even going in because the view from a 42 inch flat screen is much better.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

interesting... i have heard more and more of people doing this. i just couldnt ever go all the way down to jersey from ct (1.5 hour drive) to sit and watch on tv.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes alot of people do do it----when u have a large group it looks like alot of fun----that said I myself would watch it at home in my man cave or at a tavern if I was going to watch on TV :)

5. sect105

sect105 New Member

I would tend to agree if you are by yourself or with a few friends, but when you do it outdoors with about 20 people, it is great. Also, if your seats suck like mine I rather actually see the game and still have the whole "gameday" experience. This is something I would never have done in the old place.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

105 we have guys that park / TAILGATE by us in RV's each week and they have a blast so I do understand :beer:

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Just throwing it out there. If you want PSL's I can sell you my 4 section 126 row 20 seats 9-12 face 10,000 since they are now 16,000 from jets. Great for resale if you cant make it. I have 8 all together and am going to my masters so trying to sell if possible if not then I will just keep all 8. I make money on the tickets and go to half so im not too worried.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Where exactly are your seats?. I love my UD seats on the 30 yd line 8th row but I have always been an UD'er. I would imagine you would have even better seats since I started in 1981.... oops that's right, Woody forget that part

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It seems odd to me as well. I love tailgating too, but I think the excitement and expectation of going in to see the game live is what fuels the adrenaline of the tailgate part. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I was going only to stay in the lot. I'd rather find a good bar with some regulars to have an indoor tailgate party with.

BUT, I suppose you can go without tickets each week, assume you probably won't go in, but if you're willing to look for someone selling extras, half the time you can get in cheap, or maybe even free. Looking at it that way it's not the worst idea if you are either going solo or just with one other. I know my wife might not enjoy the thrill of the ticket hunt as much as I might. ; )

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

foundation has been laid.
    jets have been notified of terrible seat in the uppers.
    if i cant get better seats im gone. if prices dont come down im gone.
    and i dont want to walk from the izod anymore.

he did try selling me a mezz psl.which of course i told him i am not buying a psl ever.

i was informed invoices are going out in late february. since Psl's came into play they have moved the whle process up amonth.it used to be due may 1st. now it seems april 1st $$ is due

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

17A - I was an Izod orange lot refugee for the 2010 season but this year we were able to get the tailgate group back in lot K once the Jets ended their parking sham.

You know what? I liked the orange Izod walk in better than I do from yellow lot K. I actually think its closer if you're not to far from where the covered walkway lets you out. We debated this during our tailgate party, but short of counting the steps I'd swear it's true. My friends might be thinking of the footprint of the old stadium, but from the lots near the Timex Center, it's a friggin' long haul. Plus, as you walk towards the stadium all the parking spaces angle you towards the center even if you need to hit the Pepsi gate. It sucks! I liked the walkway better - especially in windy or especially wet weather. I know after the game is over it seems like it takes forever to get to lot K.

If I could convince everyone to go back to the orange lot in front of the Izod center I would go back. The idea of the walkway tends to make people think its worse than it is.

12. 171JetGirl

171JetGirl Banned

NFL TEAMS WITH PSLs AT HOME VENUES ('10 FIGURES)

TEAM VENUE PSLs PSLs AS % OF CAPACITY TOTAL PSL REVENUE GOAL
    Cowboys Cowboys Stadium 56,314 70% $650.0M
    Giants MetLife Stadium 75,261 91% $400.0M
    Jets MetLife Stadium 47,804 58% $325.9M
    Panthers Bank of America Stadium 62,400 88% $195.0M
    Raiders O.Co Coliseum 45,000 71% $84.0M
    Rams Edward Jones Dome 57,800 88% $74.0M
    Ravens M&T Bank Stadium 65,700 96% $72.3M
    Titans LP Field 61,500 90% $71.0M
    Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 29,000 43% $60.0M
    Bears Soldier Field 27,500 45% $55.0M
    Texans Reliant Stadium 45,420 68% $50.0M
    Steelers Heinz Field 49,533 77% $45.2M
    Browns Browns Stadium 49,733 72% $35.0M
    Bengals Paul Brown Stadium 42,000 65% $25.0M
    Seahawks CenturyLink Field 8,356 13% $20.5M

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm not one to compare to the Giants but yesterday they opened up a TON of seats on sale on ticketmaster.com. Anyone seen the prices on stubhub? The price of the seats makes me think even more it's not worth keeping season tickets. $140 per ticket and I can get 2 seats in the upper level. This is the first playoff game in the new place and it's the Giants who have a much larger fan base than us.

14. sect105

sect105 New Member

It is not uncommon for a large amount of playoff tickets to become available because season ticket holders do not pay the invoice for the playoffs especially if the home game is not clinched early on. Also those who have many seats may scale back come playoff time.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

in addition, nobody wants to pay anything near face value for oxygen tank required seating

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Unless you are desperate to get away from your wife you can save your money & take a season off unless you enjoy to watch losing FB :grin:

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pick and choose which if any games you wish to attend---there are oceans of tickets available :lol:

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

right now out of the 8 home games next year ,only the pats and 49ers seems very interesting.bills colts chargers & arizona seem to be a bore
    miami is still a hated rivarly and houston is a playoff team

out of the 5 non division opponents only the 49ers will have fans that travel.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A I AM NOT SURE BUT I think that OAK is on the sched----expect many silver and black visitors if thats the case .