Sanchez: 32 TD's and 18 Interceptions...Regression?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 3, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

[​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

Regression? where do you see this? Everyone is saying he has regressed? how? where? All of his stats have improved in nearly every single category. The only thing that has regressed is the team around him and the playcalling. We cant run the ball, the Oline did not help him at all unlike his first 2 seasons, where I felt the Oline and run game was babying him and making his job easier. Now the tables turned this season and despite that, he improved.

Anyone care to explain this regression because I dont see it?

2. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

and some people are calling for his head!

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

he leads the league in turnovers if im not mistaken

i probably am wrong though

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No he hasn't regressed and If we had any type of running game we'd be at 11 wins or more, seriously 22nd ranked run offense as a ground and pound team is pathetic. Mark performed pretty well considering no running game and our tackles could not block edge rushers very well this season(Yes Brickashaw is included he made the pro bowl by popularity and not stats). That being said though he seriously needs to start completing at least 60% of his passes because his accuracy is starting to become a little bit of a problem and I don't know if it has to do with the timing of some of the routes or his technique but it has to go up at some point and I'm hoping that would be in his 4th year.

5. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Lots of people look to the fact that the team regressed and the offense being terrible and blame it on him. He also commits some very dumb plays and throws into triple coverage sometimes. But in this case you would also have to factor in the lack of running game, new receivers who were not as good and a porous offensive line that almost got Sanchez killed.

6. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

18 interceptions is still a big problem and i see him missing too many make-able throws. His happy feet and poor ball control are a product of the poor offensive line and I think aren't as big of a deal as people say.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I blame him and again Wayne Hunter for not defending Sanchez. Hopefully they improve his ball security, thats on the coaches to.

8. NYJFOREVER

I love when people call for his head because they are so stupid and do not realize how bad our OC is, Oline, and Run game yet he throws for a boatload of touchdowns and runs for a boatload too ahaha i laugh.

The Jets play him out until his contract ends

9. NYJFOREVER

eh i blame hunter so much... and mulligan... but i hope sanchez fixes the few things he has too then bam supah bowl (oh darn i pulled a rex ryan)

10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

OMG!!! you guys fail to realize he is still making the same mistakes. plus of course his numbers are better in yards and TDs...he threw 50 more passes than he did last year.

11. SienaSaints

He does make bad throws but I think a lot of them were due to poor receiver play and lack of separation. A lot of times he had to force things to avoid going 3 and out.

12. OverloadBlitz

Somebody explain to me why Shonn Greene and NOT LT got the start this season? Yes I know Shonn is a good person and is a hard worker but the kid is just not starter material, he doesn't put fear in the defenses with his speed and doesn't break enough tackles to make up for that lack of speed.

13. SienaSaints

He also had no run game, offensive line and poor receiver play this season. How many bad passes were due to his stupidity I would say probably 10 of the interceptions, the rest came due to him forcing the ball because nobody was open.

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

by your own statistics it clearly shows that his yards per pass are getting less each year, and he's fumbling more as well when rushing the ball. (Hey, you asked for it)
    That being said, the regression what most people are talking about, won't show up in the statistics. His QB IQ does not show any real improvement for being in the same system for 3 years. His reads are terrible, and pretty much lacks understanding of the defense. His passes are not accurate, his completion % for my taste is horrible. By now, I was expecting a 5th overall pick in the draft that we traded up for to be showing a much stronger command and understanding for the defense and making his passes in a run first offense count more.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He regressed into Bubby Brister in the Miami game. that was fucking horrible.

16. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Your title includes his rushing Tds, but do not include his fumbles. He is second in the league in turnovers to Josh Freeman, and only by 1 less turnover.

The first 2 years when the Oline and run game was making his job easier we made it to back to back title games. This year when they don't ,we miss the playoffs. If you give him all credit for leading us to the title games the last 2 years, you need to give him all the credit for us missing the playoffs.

Sanchez alone cost us several games this year. Not what you want out of a guy who is in his 3rd season as a starter.

17. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

28 total turnovers. Other QB's are hit a lot too and don't fumble 10 times. 6 of his came on what are considered rushing attempts. Everyone has to protect the ball, especially the person who handles it on every offensive snap of the game.

He also nearly matched his rookie seasons INT count. He looked awful to end the season. You can't blame everything on the OL and OC. Sanchez has to take credit for his mistakes too.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wanna see regression? remember that Tampa QB that you all wish we had gotten?...thats regression.

His name is Josh Freeman and he crashed and burned.

19. OverloadBlitz

Its not all about stats, at some point he has to start passing the eye test.

20. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Not sure if he regressed, but he didn't improve much either. This year was league-wide the best passing season in NFL history, and it wasn't all that close.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/01/03/2011.season.review/