u would think we were 3-13.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Exactly, Jets win 2 out of those final 3 games, grab the 4th playoff seed and no one is talking about Santonio Holmes today.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

it does feel that way, i know. i am trying to look at some positives.

3. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Even though I thought the Jets had 8-8 talent, and I picked them to go 8-8 before the season, this season just felt disappointing to me. I think it's because you could just see the season slipping away as it happened, and the team wasn't able to address and fix any problems during the season. And, as a fan, you are just left with the feeling that the team is heading in the wrong direction and that management has no answers.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Or, you could watch it on video.

[YOUTUBE]az3EvxFkRo0[/YOUTUBE]

This just needs to stop.

ETA: One of the things he says is that if we improve efficiency in the red zone we'll get there. Oddly enough. . . .

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The video was recorded DURING the lockout. We only had about 35 guys on the roster. How anyone could take that as anything more than a statement of intent is beyond me.

6. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

How come 31 other NFL coaches don't feel it necessary to make "statements of intent"?

7. Sundayjack

It's just the false bravado. Emphasis on the word "false," because, as you say, we didn't even know the roster at that point. It's over the top, which is exactly why everyone starts their Rex Ryan interview talking about it.

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'd agree. I'd be much happier if the organization set the goal for the season as winning 2 games. That would be much better!

9. Sundayjack

So this is just about setting goals?

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

True, but that assumes Rex and Tanny realize there is a problem. Based on the press conference, I'm not so sure, but I know they can't say a lot of things publicly. Still think a lot of things will have to change.

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

What do you think talk about winning the super bowl is about?

12. Sundayjack

This is where that simp on WFAN has it dead on: EVERY coach sets that as the goal. Not everyone guarantees it to whomever asks. Time for Rex to grow up as a coach just a bit.

Maybe if we were preparing for the playoffs this afternoon this wouldn't bother me as much. But when the single biggest (of several) problems with the team was maturity, I'd like it to start with the coach.

13. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

In fairness, the other day Rex did say that his goal will always be to "chase the Superbowl". Whatever the hell that means.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Aside from the aspect concerning Ryan's false bravado, there is also the question whether this team's roster is headed in the right direction. There is real concern on that.

It's not just roster moves, either. Some players seem to be in the twilight of their careers with inadequate replacements on the roster. I would say RB is arguably the most telling case of that situation, but there are others. Moore bounced back some as the year went on, but he's clearly not as strong as years past. The linebackers are slower than they should be. Burress failed to make much of an impact in the stretch run.

15. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Like I said it would have been much better for Ryan to have said, "My goal is to hang on to my job another year, lets not worry about Super Bowls!" Then everything would be OK right now, got it.

Fuck that, the best place to be is when expectations are high^H^H^H^Hlow.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

People would still be talking. The media would have LOVED to play up a team at dissent no matter if we were the one seed or 0-16.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Sanchez blew it when he called that timeout before the half against the Patriots, then McKnights muffed punt.

Those 2 mistakes were the difference between us being the division winner and missing the playoff.

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

No, there were so many other mistakes this season than just a muffed punt and sanchez's timeout. How about containing Tebow so all he could do was pass on our offense? How about DBrick actually playing like himself instead of getting mutilated by Andre fucking Carter. How about bringing in a better center than Colin Baxter when Mangold was out. All things that went on that could of easily made games easier to win.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

gotcha. With that being said, I still think people need to get over the fact that Rex saids what he does. Hes not changing and others should get used to it.

20. Sundayjack

It has nothing at all to do with expectations. It's clownish.