u would think we were 3-13.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

if there is a "good" thing to come out of this recent 8-8 gem, its the fallout amongst the players, brass, and even the media.

years ago 8-8 would be what it is average and reasoned away with a few plays here or there and.......

IMO the bigger the fallout the bigger the rebound. belive me i am not exonerating this season but its not a blow up like the rams, colts, jags, etc etc. now if we package a similar product next year and do a 6-10, 7-9; thats different. lets have a good offseason, full camp, and c what '12 brings.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When a team that's been hyped like 13-3 goes 8-8 it's the same thing as when a team that's thought of as 8-8 goes 3-13.

The Jets did a lot of talking about this being the year they took over the AFC East. That meant 13-3 and a clear win over the Patriots in the division race. Instead we got 8-8.

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

After being on the precipice of the Superbowl two years in a row and then regressing to a mediocre 8-8 is upsetting.

Some of the things we've all speculated about Rex have indeed proved to be true. I love Ryan, but, he must take full ownership of this team going forward.

With the way the team was going this year absolutely it's better they didn't make the playoffs so they can focus on every detail that will upgrade the caliber of this ball club.

Tannenbaum regressed this year and made a lot of bone head decisions. But, he has been a huge stud in the recent past, pulled off huge trades, signed big Free Agents and drafted some great players. I have full confidence that Tanny will right this Jets ship and we will all sail back to AFCCG and beyond.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you set high standards and goals for yourself, you fall short, you fail. That does not mean you stop making those goals for yourself, you need to rise every time you fall. I think the Jets will do that.

5. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

What most of us ( including me) are looking at is how this team finished 3 straight losses! Our future "star" QB has regressed back to rookie status. Rex is the one who talks SB CHAMPIONSHIPS! Time for Rex to stop talking and start working at rebuilding.this team.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I think this offseason should get us back to the playoffs next season. Tanny and Rex got too cocky and i think this should bring them back to earth. We need a solid draft, solid coaching changes, and we need to fill as many holes on this team as we can. We'll be fine. A team doesn't just become shit after two AFC championship game appearances.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing I think we all can agree on is that this organization cannot stand pat with what they have now both on the roster AND on the sidelines. This season demands change and not just the cosmetic kind.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think its safe to say Rex will always think hes going to the SB so for those that have trouble getting over it should do so.

As for this season, this will probably be one of the best things to happen while Rex is here. This season was a wake-up call to both Rex and Tanny and I expect them to up their game this offseason. No more of these half ass shortcuts this time around.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When the coach promises a superbowl and then spends all season reinforcing that and ends up missing the playoffs altogether this is what you get and it is only going to get worse over the next few weeks.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Three losses were indeed disappointing. Changes need to be made, and they will be made.

Sanchez has progressed since his rookie year. Look at the numbers. But he is nowhere close to being the Hall of Fame QB many Jets fans expect (Brees, Brady, Rodgers etc.) and remains a work in progress.

Rex believes in his team. He doesn't hope to win like many of the Jets coaches before him. He expects to win. I don't want him to change . . . ever.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I am so confused. I dont recall Rex promising a Superbowl appearance this season. I always hear Rex saids this and that but unless you can show me a link, I wont believe it.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Previous years the fan base wasn't sitting with 20K PSL's.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't recall him directly declaring that we would absolutely be in the Super bowl. I recall him saying that he believes in his team and players, enough so that he could see them being a SB team. That there is no reason why his team can't make the SB.

Two different things. One is a absolute statement the other is a belief.

He stated his beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't want it any other way.

14. jack handy

jack handy Member

Problem is that they had a schedule that makes you shake your head at an 8-8 record. Losses to Denver, Miami, Oakland, Phil.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No. The problem is our coach declared the Jets as SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS and instead, they were average at best. After going 11-5 and back to the AFCCG, it did feel like SB or bust this year. And the Jets went with Super Bust instead.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

When he got here he said they would be visiting the white house within 3 years, well I guess he meant a guided tour to the white house, booked through Expedia.

I know we are not 3-13 but we have been asking our HC to take control of the whole team not just the defense, it has come back to bite him this year, even he admitted he did not have the pulse of the team this year.

When you have to win 2 games to make the playoffs and get blasted the way we did, stupid penalties, turnovers and not playing to your teams strength running the ball, it is very disappointing.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I hear you, jil. But losing to the Eagles, Giants and Dolphins to miss the playoffs after being a near lock; and then to hear all the nonsense surrounding Santonio and team chemistry; well, it just FEELS so much worse than your typical 8-8.

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

There's a difference when a team goes 8-8 and when a team goes 8-8 like this team did. This team never seemed like they were "average" they were either great or sucked horribly, rarely in between.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

very true indeed.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W