Sanchez vs. Schotty - If you could only dump ONE, which one?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 3, 2012.

?

If the Jets could only dump ONE of these two, who would you choose?

1. Mark Sanchez

10.1%
  2. Brian Schottenheimer

89.9%
  1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

If you could only dump one of these two people from the Jets, would dump Mark Sanchez or Brian Schottenheimer?

2. quadcityjetsfan76

They both have their issues, but if you can only choose one, it has to be Schotty. Sanchez is young enough to be saved. Schotty is too far gone in his system to be fixed.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I recognize it is more disruptive to a team to dump their starting Qb than their OC. And I do think that Schotty is not above criticism. I also think for what amount to pr reasons the Jet FO will not cut Sanchez this off season, or trade him, and he is likely to be back.

That being said I think Sanchez is more responsible for the problems on O than Schotty, and will not get better to any appreciable extent. I would cut my losses and try to go with another approach, a different Qb. So that's why I said I would get rid of Sanchez before Schotty.

4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Schotty. I'd like to see Sanchez play without Schotty (and besides, the Jets have too much $ tied up in him).

And besides, even if Sanchez is in fact a bust, if we kept Schotty he'd just ruin the next QB too.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

A very well-presented argument.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This should be a landslide one-sided poll.

Despite how bad Sanchez has looked lately, It's alot harder to develop a young QB than replace a marginal OC. One that has questionable playcalling issues before Sanchez even got here.

If Sanchez doesn't improve with a new OC, then there's your answer.......

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Sanchez just completed his third season and although his play isn't what we expected it to be, he is far too young to give up on. Schotty has to go and someone who can put Sanchez in a system where he can excel must be brought in. If Sanchez shows no improvement then cut him too. You have to give Sanchez the benefit at this point.

8. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Get rid of sanchez. Shotty doesnt throw those picks and get scared. Shotty is not the guy that has no arm, no size and no fire. Do you ever see tom brady or drew brees sitting there being relaxed when they are about to lose the game?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd be scared as well if I had Hunter blocking for me every game. Sanchez took a beating this year and kept on fighting. Even when people aren't open on the goal line he'll just run it in himself. Sanchez is a warrior, and if we had an OC that knew how to work with his strengths and our offensive strengths as a whole, we'd be much better off. You can't expect a QB to develop when you constantly put him in tough spots. How many times have penalties stalled drives this year. I can't count the amount of times we moved well down the field and then all of a sudden it becomes a 1st and 25. Whenever this happens Schotty goes into panic mode, and if he passes, he only passes on first down. The 2nd and 3rd are ALWAYS longs and ALWAYS run or screen plays. The dude has no clue. Yeah, lets try a new wildcat running play on 3rd and 13 in a must win game. Brilliant move. Down 6 points on the 50 yard line, our running game has been decent, oh, lets not call a single run play. Schotty has to go, there's no if ands or buts about it. Sanchez still has to improve, but Schotty is clearly holding back his progress.

Blaming Sanchez is silly. He's had no deep threat all season. Last year he showed that with a deep threat he can accurately deliver the long ball, so yapping about his arm strength and everything else is moot.

#9 Barcs, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It's baffling to me that you guys want to give up on a 3rd year QB with a winning track record.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

While I don't think schotty is as big of a problem as some people think. If I were to choose I would get rid of schotty because I would want to see how Sanchez performs under a different oc. If he struggles like he has his first 3 years then that would tell me what the real problem is.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Shotty. No doubt about it.

Sanchez will get 2 more years if the Jets get a new OC. He'll get 1 year to learn the system (meaning a mulligan if he's bad), and then it's all him.

Hopefully he will flourish.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely not getting rid of Sanchez, that's absurd. He's a young quarterback who is still experiencing some growing pains. He has showed flashes of brilliance when he is surrounded by the right personnel.

After Tanny makes the right moves this off-season we'll watch Sanchez start to grow into the elite quarterback he is capable of being.

Schottenheimer needs to go. He continues to design and call asinine plays. Furthermore he has a track record of QB's flourishing once he has left, so sayonara Schotty.

14. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Yeah let's dump a 3rd year QB who has a QB rating in the playoffs higher than most Elite QBs :rofl:

Yeah let's instead give schotty ANOTHER QB to work with :rofl:

Let's be for real here,, Schoddy needs to be off the team

15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Why is this even a thread?

Like I said. Dumbest.Fanbase.AtTimes.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The idea that we are going to dump Sanchez without dumping Tanny and Rex is absurd.

If anything Shotty has to go, if Sanchez is really percieved as the issue we need a new GM, HC and OC.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep. The order of out the door at this point is: Schotty, Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez.

Realistically it should be Tanny before Rex but you can't hire a new GM and cut his balls off by making him take the HC who was here already. Also realistically the new coach would have to be able to pick his QB and dump Sanchez if he didn't want him.

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

schotty before sanchez. i have no desire to see another young qb under the tutelage of schotty.

i'm really surprised about how much anger there is towards rex though. if sanchez gets credit for the playoff wins, surely rex deserves the same.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What exactly do you think his upside potential is? Do you really think this guy will ever win a SB in NY? If you don't then cut him and move on. 43 years is long enough, it's this kind of attitude by fans that is why this team never wins anything. Nobody gives a shit. Buy more tickets, buy more jerseys, give Woody more money for his PSLs. Why should he even try to improve this mess, he is on the gravy train.

20. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Economics and logic dictate that Sanchez will be here for two more seasons. Woody needs to bring a new OC in here to see if he can get anything out of his investment. Sanchez has shown enough flashes to make me think he has the ability to succeed.