Don't give up on our rookie quarterback...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Oct 18, 2009.

1. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

i am just saying ... i would've put the money on clemens ... and if he isn't the answer ... let him go to FA.... now we have a need for a pash rusher ....

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hey Electric....do you have any "pash rushers" on your 2010 draft board?....I'm curious if we have a shot at a good one in the later rounds.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We took our pass rusher in the prior draft in Gholston. Why would you think English or Ayers or even Maybin wouldn't be what Gholston has been in years 1 and 2.

Again who the heck even knows if Clausen, Mallett and Locker even come out for next year's draft but even if they do there will be 4-5 teams who will not let go of any of them.

4. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

we needed to take a chance... those great pass rushers are rare....look at brian thomas.... he was supposed to be one...and gholston... which i haven't totally given up on... i am just saying wasting picks like nugent and clemens are bad management .... especially a qb who never had a oline or even a real chance in live reg season games...

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I heard Clens is having a sick year...might even when the Heisman.

6. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

and i but you like dik too

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

We are on the Hindenberg. Sanchez is the pilot. We are too high to jump off, we're goin down in flames. Start praying fot next year already.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I "but" you're about to get banned.

9. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

for what i don't know how to spell remember...?

10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

agreed. i think this kid is NOT ready for the nfl. Does that mean we shouldnt have faith in him being a franchize qb? NO. But, he is certaintly not a ryan/flacco type guy. We have to see what happens. I still dont know why we never gave clemens a chance though. Does sanchez really show that much more promise than clemens? I dont believe so at all, but I think rex was hot on the idea of the rookie qb idea with flacco in baltimore. Lets be honest here, we never gave clemens a fair shot. Not saying sanchez cant be good, but we never gave clemens a shot. I think the reason #6 has the job instead of clemens is mostly due to hype.

11. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

thank you! my god

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Is that you Take me home KR?.

13. finfresh

finfresh New Member

Somewhat agree with Firemanedjr...He doesn't get a free pass because he is a rookie, that's a bit ridiculous. He's gonna have games like this along the ride, but he looked damn good against my Dolphins last week. I hate to say it, but I think he'll be a good QB in this league, but there are no excuses for the way he played today.

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

DeJaVue...eh?

15. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Your right, u can't give up on Sanchez. He's still a work in progress. Jets need to upgrade OL. Jets need to upgrade RT, LG & a bigger better blocking TE. Add a multidimensional RB & a deep threat at WR. This will give Sanchez better tools to work with.

#155 Run_N_gun10, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  16. titan999

titan999 Active Member

The second someone better becomes available and obtainable, I wholly recommend that the Jets give up on Sanchez.

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

ah the thread started by the know-it-all self-proclaimed draft guru, who's now permabanned.... he probably still thinks he was right about this one :lol:

18. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Ive never seen a player given such a ridiculous pass, Sanchez isnt the only player who has to deal with a lack of talent around him. Aaron Rodgers for the most part during his tenure a starting qb has had a decent line at best, Brady for years had the most mediocre group of receivers, Manning has been without a running game for years now. But yet their is excuse after excuse for Sanchez.

Unfortunately there hasnt been much proression for him. And we have to make it even easier for him by investing even more money on the offense side of the ball.

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Wow seriously? I expected this kind of irrational nonsense from some of the cretins that have infected this place, but you've got to be kidding me Petro. I'm tired of shooting out the names of QB's like Eli, Brees, Aikman etc. that didn't fully blossom until their 4th year at a minimum. Is Sanchez working with a true number 1 receiver? Do we have a big-time game breaking running back? Did his line play to the level that they had his rookie and sophomore campaigns or did we have a piece of shit right tackle, a left tackle and right guard that regressed and a center that missed time? Did his offensive coordinator constantly put him in a position to succeed, or have we seen two other QB's work with this jackoff, leave and have career years the next year?"

So basically, Sanchez was working with the worst of the three teams he's been on since he's been in the league with a clown who's drastically overestimated his own self-worth as his offensive coordinator, and he still statistically he had his best season. And you think he's the primary problem?

Where would the Giants be right now if they had given up on Eli after his third year? Oh wait, we don't have to speculate, we know that as a best case scenario, they'd still only be about as successful as the Chargers. Which is to say not successful at all.

20. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

i hope you're not suggesting that the fact that he's permabanned is indicative of his football knowledge; the way you threw in the "who's now permabanned" part after calling him a self proclaimed know it all makes it seem like you are. regardless, draft guru is just a useless title/label, and, all the destabilization/disagreements between you and him aside, he IS knowledgeable about draft prospects and football in general.

How come you didn't requote this post after the Jets and Sanchez made it to the playoffs and the AFCCG that year?