Do we trade Holmes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Calikid

Calikid New Member

The Jets will have to do something with Holmes, unless Rex sits him down and believes that he's on board. As talented as he is, players can't pull what he did in the huddle. You do have a point about in the division.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

No way he ends up on the Pats. I don't thing BB wants him, and I really REALLY do not want him either, no matter what the price tag is.

The guy has been overrated his entire career (IMO), is outrageously overpaid, and has a poor attitude to go along with those. And quite honestly, the Patriots should be happy that the Jets have forced themselves into this situation where they are vastly overpaying a guy who is (arguably) hurting their team. There is no way in hell we should be the ones to bail them out.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm trying to figure out if the blame is on him or not. He didn't get a single target all day, then we took him out and his replacement got a TD as we marched down the field. Is he beefing with Schotty or Sanchez? Sanchez was pretty off target today, so you can't blame Holmes for yelling at him, but he should be professional. What a joke our team has become.

4. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Why don't you take your own advice. Watch the game plan! Watch the complete lack of discipline on offense! Watch the complete inability to adjust to what the other team is doing! Geez man...WAKE UP! Sanchez isn't perfect but his numbers have steadily improved every year. You can't say that about a lot of guys in their third year! What hasn't improved is the supporting cast around him. The line is worse, the run game is worse, the WRs are worse. What do you want from him! He's not Peyton Manning, but NO ONE IS!

5. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

He wasn't yelling at Sanchez.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You are spot on with everything. I have been screaming the same things. I truly am convinced that there is a reason why the Jets offense looks better when Holmes is off the field.

For as good as some people are making Holmes out to be, Sanchez sure isn't having a very hard time finding the lesser talented receivers on this team.

I have no respect for a guy who gives up on his team and fans despite the money he is making because of the team and fans. He doesn't deserve to be a Jet. He doesn't deserve to be in the NFL with his immature bull shit either. Grow up, be a pro. That is what he gets paid to do.

He isn't even an elite receiver. Guys like TO, Brandon Marshall, etc. They are diva's and barely get by with the bull shit stunts that they pulled, despite being so good at their position. Holmes doesn't even have that luxury.

Fuck him. Cut his ass tonight.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe we could get a 5th rounder for him.

8. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I think we approach this situation a lot like we approach the situation with Sanchez. Lets get a new OC first then see if its smart to get rid of our developing qb and #1 WR.

9. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

That's a huge disappointment how he quit on the team. However, the guy did only get targeted once. What's up with that??

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

And to think, this team could have had Edwards, Cotchery, Kearly, and possibly Plaxico.

Cotchery, Kearly, Edwards, Plax, Keller, Green, and LT.

Sounds nice.

11. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

If he, as teammates have said, quit...then it's not at all hard to figure out. If he's not playing hard, not paying attention, how is he going to separate from defenders or even be in the right spot for his route?

12. ERR

ERR New Member

What is amazing is that he is a team Captain. It points out two major flaws:

1. Rex should not be picking the captains. The captains should be voted on by the players. That position should be earned, not imposed on the team.

2. Since Rex did name him captain, Rex should have revoked the title a long time ago.

At some point in all sports teams run up against highly paid players over whom they have next to no leverage. How the teams act in these moments define the franchise. What the Jets have done with Holmes is to hide from reality.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I remember watching film of Maynard after the AFL title game:

"Winning. That's all that matters. Whether I catch 1 or 10. Winning is all that matters."

Holmes should have a conversation with him. You may want to get involved (and you should), but if you don't, you don't just take your ball and go home.

Sure, they didn't win, but you don't make yourself more important than the team.

14. Calikid

Calikid New Member

If he'd rework his contract I'd like to see the Pats do it for a 5th. Again, I don't think it will happen in the division.

15. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

I can't help but think back to when you guys gave us a 5th round pick for him and thought the Jets pulled the wool over the Rooney's eyes.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd take it.

He can't play on this team again or Rex is sending a, "If you are unhappy, just quit" message.

I have to believe he won't allow that.

17. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I would cut him. The Jets don't have the kind of locker room that can absorb a POS like Holmes creating drama. He is a diva that is turning into T.O. The Jets don't need all this drama. Most likely, next year will be his do or die year. If he can shut his mouth, and work hard, then he will be kept, but if he continues to create locker room friction, and he complains and doesn't work hard, then he will most likely be cut or traded.

18. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

please tell me your joking

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

This shit isn't just today, Holmes hasn't been played hard most of the season, his body language on pass routes is obvious to the most observers

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/10154/holmes-shows-no-love-for-schotty
    Holmes hates Schotty, has for some time.