If Schottenheimer is still here....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

If Schotty is still here next year, I refuse to watch another game. Sure Sanchez made some dumb mistakes. Sure Holmes had mental lapses. Sure Burress took a while to get going. Sure our O line was mediocre. That being said, I've seen the Deadskins look better against bad defense like the Giants and Pats with a terrible QB and mediocre receiving core. The ENTIRE year we played a score away from losing. We wore out defense out. I don't know why EVERY single team who won a coin toss against didn't defer. We cannot move the ball. The offense is a 3 and out waiting to happen. I will no longer watch a Jets game as long as he's here. At the end of the year, I will be saying the same thing about Mike D'Antoni and my Knicks.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Schottenheimer gets too much of the blame, just like all offensive coordinators, but he has to go. Last week was the final straw with him for me in terms of ignoring the run.

Problem is we have no playmakers on offense. Holmes is the closest thing we have to one, and he's overrated.

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Is Schotty fired yet???

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

And he apparently quit on the team.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

He sucks, but he's become the scapegoat here.

Sean Payton calling the plays would not be able to turn this offense around. Your offense can only be as good as your starting QB, and Sanchez is gutter trash.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Your offense can also only be as good as your system - or in the case of a good offensive scheme can take a mediocre QB look like a star - Cassel or Flynn come to mind.

7. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

My biggest gripe today was him not using LT more and his play calling inside the 10 on Mark's 3rd INT. I felt like he could've ran it there with LT
    He was on fire and running with some anger. The biggest running plays were with him not SG. That being said he still has had 6 years here to prove himself and he hasn't. Some people want to get rid of Mark after 3 but not Schotty after 6 which I will never understand.

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Schotty should be retained, I just don't think he should be getting all this blame. QB play,, OL,, both brutal this season. And now this Holmes stuff.

9. al_toon_88

Quit on the team? Grow up. Sanchez had just Fu-ked up again and he was expressing his anger about another embarrassing loss. The game was over, it didn't matter at that point what Holmes did or didn't do.

At least Holmes gives a sh-t. I am tired of all the pussies on this team who accept losing, and never take any of these disgraces personally.

Would you rather him be stupid and repeat the same BS Rex does about how much confidence they have in Sanchez?

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

And a fan of 32 years.:mad:

11. al_toon_88

Yeah, the system is important. But when your QB turns over the ball 4 times a game, it really doesn't matter.

So you're saying Brees would suddenly suck with Schotty calling the plays? Come on.

Flynn is better than Sanchez.

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Ok say this with me, GB has arguably the best receiving core in the NFL and have been together for a while. Apples and Oranges my friend, we have a revolving door at WR also a WR who got PAID and not playing with heart.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

As long as we have all blamed him,he is not the one who has been making the boneheaded decisions this year. He is not the one who got picked by a Dline man twice today. His playcalling gets "kill kill"ed every play. how do we even know if its him anymore? Sanchez is just plain BAD

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Schotty is ruining this team. He is intentionally sabotaging us. I don't understand at all why Holmes wasn't getting targets? Was he just not getting open or not getting plays called his way? 1 & 25. Plays calls: Short pass, Run, Run. Schotty is stupid as fuck. Please get rid of him. He is a cancer.

15. felker

felker Active Member

Aaron Rodgers gets sacked a lot.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Schitty, Schooty, Schotty, w/e. He needs to go.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Sorry tool, but numerous JETS including LT, said he quit on the team. I guess they should "grow up", huh?

Need me to post the quotes tool?

It didn't matter what Holmes did or didn't do? WTF? Sorry, I just fed the troll.

18. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

What people don't realize is that Schotty might be shit for the Jets, but he really isn't a horrible offensive coordinator. He is just a horrible and I mean absolutely atrocious fit for the Jets. His idea of a game plan is the exact opposite of the Jets so called "ground and pound" philosophy. Schotty wants to throw the ball 50 times a game, while the Jets should be running it 50 times a game. Sanchez is good with a good running game, and not having to save the day or do too much. He needs to be fired though. Horrible fit for the Jets.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Flynn's performance today shows that the success of an offense depends on the system and the weapons. If Flynn can play like he did today, and Cassell can throw for 4000 yards with the Pats, it shows that it is the offense and coaching that leads to success more than just the play of the QB.

20. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

He wants to throw it 50 times but for only 5 yards. If you don't establish a deep threat the underneath stuff won't work.Teams adjust. They either give up the short stuff and focus on making tackles or they bump and run you knowing you wont make them pay. Then, they begin shutting your running game down because they know theres no consequences and they can stuff the box. Once your run game is shut down then calling play action is pointless. It's all a balancing act. The more versatile your offense is,the harder it is to make adjustments to stop it.