I think we may have just witnessed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Jan 1, 2012.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I'll take Orton and save $ and draft picks and try to deal Sanchez. With our team passing accuracy and the ability to hit the sideline pass is critical and that is Orton's strength. He gets no respect but if he's on this team all year instead of Sanchez the Jets win another 3 games and they're in the playoffs and considered a dangerous threat to go deep in the playoffs.

2. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I'll take matt flynn.

threw for 480 yards and the packers have a garbage o-line themselves and no run game

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Matt Flynn went full blown fucking beast mode, kid had like 6 Touchdowns as well and hes a F/A after this season IIRC.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

true but we would probably not have been a 6th seed playoff team with better QB play during the regular season.

sanchez truly sucks - i have tried laying the blame elsewhere in the hopes he could get it together as I know how much we have riding on this guy but watching that game today it was just painful

i actually turned to my mate as we were watching the game and it was 10-13 and said "it must be about time for sanchez to throw a retarded interception" and literally 2 plays later he did just that.

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I suspect GB will franchise him and then trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder - not a bad return on someone taken in the 7th round.

6. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

We're gonna have to get much younger on offense and defense.

7. benhamean

benhamean Member

The Flynn-led Pack very nearly beat the 14-2 Patriots last year in NE.. dude is pretty good when given a chance

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No way they would get early draft picks like that for Flynn, his body of work is nothing that would warrant a 1st/2nd round pick, I'm pretty sure they are just going to let him walk after this season since he wants to be a starter somewhere.

9. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Id gladly gve them a 2nd rounder.

10. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Sanchez to Seattle for a 5th rounder. Then we trade for Manning...

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this is what was written by one of the bigger draftnik type sites well before today's incredible showing by Flynn:

"Matt Flynn (GB) - As far as realistic, long-term options go, Matt Flynn may be the most pursued man. In his lone regular season appearance, he moved the Packers offense up and down the field in a national game, and almost knocked off a Patriots team in their house. He lacks the ideal tools, but plenty of quarterbacks have done more with less. Flynn has been taught by and learned from the best in Green Bay and will be ready to see if his career holds more than a clipboard."

following today's show (and I watched a bit of it on nfl redzone) I would give up a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for - this guy was making plays I would never expect sanchez to make in a million years

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Co-signed.

13. No Fly Zone

The Jets got to the title game despite Sanchez. He managed the games in the playoffs and didn't lose them. So did Trent Dilfer for the Ravens and Brad Johnson for the Bucs during their superbowl runs. That doesn't mean either of them are QB's worth keeping.

What does Sanchez bring to the table that makes you think he deserves to keep his starting job and may become an NFL caliber QB at some point?

Sanchez has a lot of moxy, that's it. He gets hit once and peeling him off the carpet is like trying to separate velcro. He can't hit a sideline pass or medium to deep pass to save his life (or their season). He's check down charley and still can't hit receivers in stride on check downs. He throws more passes at the receivers feet than their hands. He's NOT the answer.

14. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Flynn is a Free Agent. Schefter just said on twitter that GB is unlikely to Franchise him b/c its too risky to tie up that much money into him if no one ends up willing to trade for him (Cassel at least had a near full season of work to look at, Flynn has spot starts here and there over the past two seasons and the bombing of Kolb in Zona will leave teams wary of investing on backups QBs who only have a start here or there).

Flynn will be signable, just depends how much he is looking for.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I strongly agree with you.

16. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

So Matt Moore is better because his OL protected him, didn't commit false starts and his WRs got open. What about his INTs today they were horrible passes also. Plus his D didn't give up 21 play TD drive. Sanchez has his flaws but he has no team around him. LT was running great today and your great OC pulls him. A good OC would've used him all day today!

17. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

So The Mexican Marvel won those playoff games for the Jets...right? You are really comparing Manning...and Sanchez?

If you want to keep a QB who has no pocket awareness, no accuracy and only thrives when you run the ball 70% of the time and get to throw playaction passes with no pressure, then you are an idiot.

18. No Fly Zone

Exactly! Glad to see someone gets it. While Sanchez didn't cost them in the playoffs his play during the season caused them to be a 6th seed. He's a game manager when he has a strong running game, when the running game isn't there he's exposed. He's NOT an NFL caliber QB.

Other than Tebow what other QB in the league is worse than Sanchez in passing accuracy? You'll be scratching your head long and hard to come up with an answer and that alone tells you all you need to know. A QB that can't read defenses, can't throw accurately and can't bounce back up after being hit doesn't deserve to start. He's a back up at best.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Awesome. Since your knowledge is superior to the average Jets fan, please enlighten the rest of us as to what went wrong and what needs to be done to correct said issues.

PLEASE?????

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I was watching kellen clemens play at the end of the niners game and even he was making plays I wouldnt not expect sanchez to make.