Do we trade Holmes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 1, 2012.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We won't get better then a 6th rounder.

2. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Hell no we don't trade Holmes. Like dustykeller said hes one of, if not the biggest playmaker on this team. He's not the first talented wr to be angry about his qb not getting him the ball. It's on him too for not getting open enough, but sanchez still isn't making good enough throws,regardless of who he is throwing it to. Also many posters on this board have been complaining about the lack of continuity in the wr corps. Do u really think that's gonna help sanchez's progression?

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yeah, you could probably get a day 3 pick for him in round 5 or 6, but with that contract, even that's iffy. And I don't know what the deal with the cap is.

I'm all for bringing Braylon back, mostly because I think this team needs so much, I'm not sure if we should draft a WR round 1. Then again, we haven't drafted a WR in the first 2 rounds since Keyshawn/Van Dyke, I believe.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

In 100% agree with you. I see no way he can ever put on our Jersey again it was disgraceful...He needs to be traded for a bag of trash fuck draft picks send a message.

He is no where near our best player... Obvioously Keller can get open with teams putting 9 in the box all day

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Good thing we're not trading Revis then.

6. Mr. Green Pants

Teams have won with "me first" wide receivers before. If we get an OC with a clue, and Sanchez steps up his game, Holmes can help the Jets win games. That being said, he's one more guy with a lot prove next season.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

1. He's not their best player (Revis)

2. Looks like he quit on the team or the coaches didn't want him on the field. Why does he need/deserve to come back?

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

offensive player

no one is a bigger playmaker then santonio on the team

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Matt Slauson was a bigger playmaker than him today.

10. MessyJet

MessyJet New Member

if we dump him this off season, how much of the contract are we stuck with? do we save anything or would we have to eat all the money that's left? imo that's the major sticking point to whether we keep him or not

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't know the trade rules well enough to say if it can be done or not but if its not possible then they can still accomplish the same thing using NBA style trading where they take back a player/contract that the other team doesn't want.

The mechanics are for Tanny to figure out, the result is all I care about, get him off the team.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

lol why is this Holmes fault????Sanchez is horible id be Mad to if i was him he isnt the one who threw 3 picks..Imagine if Brady had Holmes???He would play harder Sanchez lack of ability makes his recivers not play as hard because they know what to expect with him

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

but then again the Steelers got rid of him for a 5th round pick and still went to the Superbowl the following year so i dont know

14. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Not really. In football, when you trade a player, the team trading him takes a cap hit equal to the amount of guaranteed money left on the players contract - regardless of what player you bring back. That's why trades in the NFL typically involve players in the last or second-to-last year of their contract, and draft picks.

Holmes isn't going anywhere.

15. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Ha, he's not our best offensive player either (Mangold).

And honestly, I'd venture to say that Jeremy Kerley has been the biggest playmaker for this team this season. I don't know the numbers, but I think Kerley makes more 3rd down receptions than anyone. He's quickly become this fan's favorite.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You guys must have missed it.

ANY TEAM IN THE MARKET FOR HOLMES CAN GET THE SAME HEADACHE WITH DESEAN JACKSON WITHOUT TRADING ANYONE.

Cutting Holmes is the only way the Jets get rid of him.

17. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

bingo.

finally, someone understands.

18. ASITS

ASITS Member

I want Blackmon from OSU the kid is the next Calvin Johnson. Would love to trade up for him

19. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

I bet Holmes was arguing with Sanchez telling him fuck Schotty play calling and give me the fucking ball then was pulled out by Schotty.

Some fans hold players to a higher standard than politicians and elected officials that actually impact their lives.

We are stuck with Holmes whether those that disagree with his actions like it or not, either that or he will be playing for another team with us still paying his contract.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We should trade Revis before he walks, he has value. Holmes needs to be cut.