I think we may have just witnessed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jetmart

jetmart New Member

I hate losing, but this was a loss we needed, esp with Tenn winning anyway.

It means the FO and Ryan will need to have a serious look at where they f****d up over the last two seasons.

I don't see why Rex should get away with this - Woody needs to tell him to STFU with this superbowl guarantees.

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

How about the path to get to get to that point?

Every year, this team AT BEST can only be a wildcard, and I am downright sick of that. Maybe the reason they lost is that it is very difficult to win 3 straight road playoff games? For any team, any QB, period.

Sanchez's inconsistency in the regular reason is why this team can never be a 12+ win team and win the division. Sure, he can get hot in the playoffs, he has done it before. The point is that he is HORRIBLY INCONSISTENT, and because of that, the Jets are forced to win games in spite of him during the regular season, and lose a few that they could have one as well. With a real QB the last 2 seasons, this team wins at least 12+ games each year.

This team will not be consistent in the regular season with Sanchez at QB, and nothing I have seen in the last 3 years says anything different.

3. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

You think by just adding Manning will make this team SB favorites? There is a lot more problems w/ this team than QB. Manning is 37 and his body is breaking down, putting us in cap hell just so we can on paper look like SB favorites is ludicrous. There is A LOT of problems w/ this team, on offense and defense. Manning will not improve on this team enough to make it worth it.

I'm not on nyjunc's side where Sanchez and Schotty can do no wrong, but he should get another year (and Schotty gone). I have lost confidence in Sanchez, and ultimately think he'll be a nice backup in this league. But to call for his head now is unrealistic. We have at least another year for him to prove he can play.

4. RobA

That is where I will not agree with you. Add Manning to this team in the offseason, assuming he is healthy and ready to go, and I think this team wins at least 12 games without making ANY other changes. Of course, there will be other changes made (RT, safety, etc.).

5. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

One of the worst finishes I've ever seen in a Jets Season. There need to be many changes in the offseason. There is enough blame to go around. Rex needs to stop talking shit and start kicking ass, namely Sanchez's. This can't happen next season, or we might see Ryan gone. Ryan needs to know that he has to clamp down on his team, or he'll end up like Mangini.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jets are stuck with Sanchez for at least another season. Highly doubtful any other team can afford to touch his salary.

Sanchez has a subpar 73.4 career QB rating, has completed only 55% of his passes (although not throwing downfield very often) and is at 6.5 yds/attempt which does not cut it in the NFL. Out of 1,400 career passes, Sanchez has only completed 20 (1.4%) for over 40 yards. When you only have two completions of over 40 yards in a season (2011), you're not going to scare too many defenses.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Either they pay him $35 million for next year, cut him, ask him to renegotiate or try to trade him. The Colts are in a tough spot as they have very little time or leverage to make a decision as it must be done in early March.

Peyton has always been surrounded with horrible talent and a horrible OL. He has never had an OL as good as the one we had this year. One of the NBC pre-game folks last year, 2010, said without Manning the Colts become a 2-14 team. People laughed at him but he was proven right. I would cast my vote for MVP of 2011 for Manning as its quite obvious when healthy that he is the best player in the NFL. Manning makes the other 21 players much better.

If Manning wants to stay then I am sure he can work out a cheaper salary. But he has a lot of reasons to come to NY. We instantly become SB favorites, he can prove he is better than Brady twice a year, this will be the best team by far he has ever played on, no team will be better prepared to run his offense than the Jets with Tom Moore, he has marketing opportunities, with a couple of rings with the Jets he can make his case for being the greatest QB to ever play the game, his family has a history of wanting to play in NY, he can play by his brother and don't forget he wanted to play for the Jets in 97.

#47 Noam, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah, no. I don't think so. Unless we get Peyton Manning, he will be the starter.

9. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

We'll take him, we need a back up:)

10. benhamean

benhamean Member

:breakdance:

Glass neck. Brunell. 2-14

11. RobA

You really think the Jets FO is satisfied with his play down the stretch the last 3 weeks, when we needed him to step it up the most? If they don't see a need to upgrade, then our FO is simply retarded.

12. Calikid

Calikid New Member

Clearly, Sanchez has struggled at times this year. That said, I doubt the Jets will give up on Sanchez after only 3 years.

13. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

To quote Deion Sanders.....TRUTH!!!

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Why couldn't they keep Manning and have Luck watch under him? Is there a reason this wouldn't work? I feel like that's the best interest for the Colts or trading Manning. I don't see how cutting him would be the best scenario as everyone seems will happen

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

My how you guys forget...check out Phil Simms 3rd or 4th years, Drew Brees 3rd year......OMG.

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

My god

the amount of stupid in this thread is uncanny.

17. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Matt Flynn's line: 480 yds and 6 TDs in his first start of the season. The Lions played hard all game long. The Jets should take a long look at this guy.

OR...do the Packers just have better coaching for their QBs? Is it the Jets coaching that hasn't developed Sanchez properly?

I don't know the answer, but Rex and Tanny are going to be under a lot of pressure to make some changes.

#57 Hooterdawg, Jan 1, 2012
  18. RobA

Agreed, the amount of people defending Sanchez for his 3 years of regular season inconsistency, now at peak these last 3 must-win games, is simply ridiculous.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Certainly its a good argument to keep Manning for a year or two and learn. But Luck is ready to play now and people are hying him as the best QB prospect since Manning. Teh question is dot hey want to pay Manning $35 million for one year or cut him and play Luck this year and use the money elsewhere.

If your going to draft luck some will argue you need to play him making $35 million for Manning a waste. I would argue they should sit him and have him learn for a year or two. I hate to se new QBs play in year one or two. But in today's NFL spending $35 million for a one year tutor may not be an option.

But lets say the Colts decide to move on with Luck. Trading him becomes very difficult as Manning would likely have to renegotiate that contract meaning he would have to agree. If that is the case then I think he would rather make that choice himself. The Jets appear right now to be his destination of choice. Not many teams would take such a chance and put up that kind of money for a short term fix. Tanny and Woody here may be the exception. Tanny is not afraid to go all in and Woody needs a splash to retake NY. It's a perfect fit.

20. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Really not going down that street, it's a MS defenders last line of defense. There's no way I can change your mind. The only reason that the Jets were even in those games is because they were better than the 09Bengals 09chargers 10pats, 10colts. Defensively light years better, had a better running game and better Olines. And when those units needed there Qb to carry the load, they couldn't lean on him...... but you think that's there fault for not being able to push around the number 1 seed in the playoffs, so it's not worth arguing.

Those wins no matter how you view them, don't cover up that we have went 9-7 & 11-5 those two seasons. No home playoff games, No division titles. I mean for godsake the wildcat led the Dolphins to a division title but the number 1 rushing attack and number 1 defense wasn't even enough for a shot at 1 in 09??? Top of league Defense and Oline in 10 not good enough??

Outside of Devin Hester return wise or the Raiders kickers, who has had a better special teams in the NFL??? That wasn't enough to led this team to a 13 win season once or one home playoff game in either 2009 or 2010???

This team should have been at the table with the elite teams, they weren't and are not. So what other reason could it have been if it isn't the inaccurate bone head we have under center???

#60 ANJI, Jan 1, 2012