How does Rex stay blame free?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I understand the goodwill he has garnered with the two trips to the AFC title game, but this year went south bigtime.

Shotty throwing 60 times and all Rex says is, "I didn't realize that."

The team collapses from 8-5 and control of their own destiny to 8-8, losing to three mediocre teams.

Tons of missed tackles and HORRIBLE penalties. That's a discipline problem where Rex needs to be accountable.

A captain quit on the team today. Head case or not, a player quit on a "players coach".

Rex is certainly not entirely at fault, but he needs to take a lot of blame for this SOJ like collapse.

2. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

He's too nice....he's too much of a players coach. He also needs to shut up. And also needs some input on the offensive side.

3. KWJetsFan

Forgot all the turnovers. (126 points off TO's).

No discipline.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If Schotty returns, then blames going all on Rex. Rex cant keep Schotty around. This is his 1 free pass, we gotta bounce back next season.

5. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Who said Rex was blame free?

He did a lousy job this year. He's going to have to change his approach a bit going forward and instill a sense of discipline on the team. That starts with being more disciplined himself, which is going to be difficult for him to change.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have look ill-prepared in this three-game stretch, which is inexcusable. Those five false-start penalties early on today, in a stadium that looked to be about a quarter full, were indicative of an ill-prepared team.

Last week it was Keller looking like he wasn't ready to play, the week before it was Holmes. It's always something with these guys...

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he'll get his share of the blame but do we forget the first 2 years b/c they had one bad year? I hate the what have you done lately mentality. Teams have bad years, did Pitt get rid iof their QB after missing the playoffs in 2006 and 2009? 2 of 4 years they missed the playoffs. It happens. This year sucked, it's over but we have a good young core and this team should be a contender for years to come thanks to people like Rex and Sanchez.

8. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Can't wait for his comments about Schotty if he gets fired.

9. KWJetsFan

I'm going by the majority of fans. Who blames Rex?

It's blame Shotty, the O-line, Sanchez, etc.

Rex lost the team a little down the stretch here (i.e. Holmes taking himself out of the game)

10. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Him not knowing why Holmes wasn't in the game is ridiculous. I hope he's lying about that.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Rex saying they will do everything in the best interest of the Jets to improve in the offseason. Saying blame on him, his goal is always going to be chasing the super bowl and he is going to put it out there as his end goal everytime. He didnt call out anyone specifically obviously.

12. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Rex is ehhhh. he needs to go thru a HC training program. what kills me is keeping lack luster players in as starters through out the entire season. necessary adjustments are not made yet our #1 goal is winning?

13. KWJetsFan

I'm very concerned about the way the team collapsed down the stretch. A captain quit on a "players coach".

The first two years were great, but that doesn't mean Rex can't take a lot of blame for this year.

Doesn't make him a bad coach, but the last 2 years don't excuse him from blame for this year.

That seems to be the mentality. He was great the last 2 years, so we can't blame him for anything.

14. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Wow...Rex's post-game press conference was concerning.

First he says he doesn't know why Santonio Holmes was on the bench at the end of the game. (Rex is the head coach, right?)

Second, he said that whoever implied that Schottenheimer's job was in jeopardy doesn't know what they are talking about.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

who the fuck is saying Rex doesn't deserve blame?

what a waste of fucking bandwidth. just because nobody think he should be fired doesn't mean he isn't to blame.

16. PA32R

PA32R Member

No. It's been said by me and others. We've looked consistently poorly prepared, we've lacked discipline in many ways (penalties, turnovers, game plan), we've played poor fundamental football (open field tackling, blown coverages, etc.). He's talked like we're world beaters and we've played, when it counted, like limp dick losers.

Yeah, O line sucked, Sanchez would have to leap to touch the mediocre bar, Schotty is awful. But even with all that, had the things I mentioned above been different, we'd play next week.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How he responds to this season is critical. I think this offseason could be quite entertaining, provided you don't live and die by the Jets.

18. KWJetsFan

Your response is a waste of bandwidth. It clearly doesn't mean nobody (literally) blames Rex. Did you really think that? Wow.

I guess you haven't noticed the posters here blaming Shotty, Sanchez, the O-line, etc.

Blame Rex and the comment is, "He gave us an identity." "He made us relevant." "He took us to two AFC title games."

Didn't notice that, huh? Find all the posters putting a ton of the blame on Rex.

The question is why he seems to be immune from it?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets played three good to great pass rushes in a row. That's why they looked so bad at the end. I think I said after the first few games that if the Jets didn't find a way to fix the Wayne Hunter problem he was going to kill their season. Well, in the end he did.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

First two seasons , One game away from the Super bowl. That's why

He's a good coach and i believe in him. Fuck everyone else tho.