Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Mason

Mason New Member

Calvin Johnson covers up Stafford's accuracy issues. I have no doubt that he'd do the same for Sanchez.

Look at what Terrell Owens did for Donovan McNabb in his one full season.

I've watched 8 Lions games this season, and seen parts of others. The dude is not an accurate QB. His issues are currently being covered up by Megatron.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

One player covering up his accuracy issues? Seems a little far fetched to me. Calvin is a beast no doubt but Stafford still has to get the ball to him. It isn't like he is throwing nothing but jump balls to him...

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The one thing that does amaze me about Sanchez is how often he misses on very short passes. I don't know how much of it is on him versus the running backs, but I saw him miss a little dump off to greene last week that I could have thrown on the money while sitting in my recliner and holding a drink.

4. Mason

Mason New Member

I just posted how one player can cover up a QBs' accuracy problem. Even though McNabb's accuracy improved to 64% with Terrell Owens, if you watched the games, you would have seen he was still throwing balls at the feet of his receivers.

I see the same thing with Stafford. He's not at 63% without CJ, and definitely not at 63% on this team. He's in the same boat as Jay Cutler, which is to say, he relies on his arm more than he should. He tries to fit balls into small windows he shouldn't, he throws off his back foot entirely too much, and makes questionable decisions that ends with interceptions. These are the things I'd like to see Stafford improve on.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Stafford has almost 100 more passing attempts than Sanchez. Megatron is great, and is better than anything Sanchez has to throw to, but he doesn't make up for the difference. The Lions have almost nothing resembling a running game (29th in the league), thus more pressure on Stafford, yet his completion percentage which includes 100 more attempts and WAY more downfield attempts, still kills Sanchez in accuracy.

It's a bad comparison.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its funny how we now have this horrible group of receivers.. wasnt sanboneo the super superbowl mvp... and then didnt we add the amazing superbowl mvp plexiglass burress?

all of a sudden these guys are chopped liver huh. its amazing the way the tide turns in the world of internet fan boards.

now all of a sudden stafford is amazing, but one guy says hes no better than sanchez its just that he has megatron (what a terrible nickname btw)

its amazing how things can be twisted and turned to fit ones argument.

me, well i dont like sanchez, never have. i dont think he is progressing. i think he has more of a chance to end up as a david carr clone than a drew brees clone. but hey what do i know. all i can say is hopefully we beat those goddamn dollfags this week.

7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

I guess I should just stfu because half of this board are expert doctors and work in the Indy front office. What I was thinking of even arguing with the experts. Half of the board are Nostradamos to because they are certain Sanchez who has shown he is lost and without a brain half the game will suddenly click and become a "franchise" qb and that Manning will get hit once and end his career or never come back from this injury. There is absolutely no doubt that if we have a legitimate shot at getting Manning we should pass because Sanchez will def start clicking next year and become top 5 in the league. Every reason this year tells you so, just get the right Oc and he will be better then Aaron Rodgers.

#307 jetsown22, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  8. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

If your saying Stafford is not better then Sanchez your on crack, Stafford throws the ball deep almost every pass play and yet his accuracy is still better then throw it 2 yards Sanchez.

9. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Jesus your still going around bashing Sanchez? Even if we did get rid of him there's no one out there to replace him with.

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Not bashing speaking the truth, why the fuck do you say there is no one we can replace him with when you constantly post in a "Lets get Peyton Manning thread:.

11. OverloadBlitz

How many times did I post in that thread that there's no chance were getting Peyton and also that I'm almost 100% sure hes not leaving the Colts?

12. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Do you work in the Colts front office? Is there some secret information you know that we don't? Please explain how you came to that almost 100% conclusion. I think people who actually work for Espn and news outlets and get information before you, would beg to differ.

#312 jetsown22, Dec 29, 2011
  13. OverloadBlitz

What I do know is Irsay paid Peyton Manning 26m this season so that he can stay on the AR and see him throw which he has, what I do know is that the people he has been throwing to(Joseph Addai for one) has said that the velocity on his throws are already pretty good, or maybe Irsay SAYING on TNF that if he is Healthy he is definitely going to be a Colt.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...say-says-peyton-manning-plays-2012-with-colts

14. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

There is no way Luck stayed a extra year in college to be a backup for Peyton Manning for the next 3 years. And we all know they are drafting Luck, and if not well theres our next starting quarterback trade them 4 1st rounders or whatever they want. Either Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck will not be a Colt next season, so theres a option to get either. But then again the Sanchez fan boys will make excuses not to get Luck either right. Guess luck is a definate overhyped bust waiting to happen? Or what maybe Luck is a career ending injury waiting to happen?

#314 jetsown22, Dec 29, 2011
  15. OverloadBlitz

Lmfao, lets trade 4 first rounders for Luck and have a HORRIBLE fucking team for years to come and we can just pray that an unproven rookie can just carry the team.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To be fair, many people were worried about Plax and thought he was going to be a red zone threat only, which he was this season. Also, Calvin does help Stafford but not as drastically as everyone is saying. I do think if Stafford was here, with some of the hits Sanchez has take, I think he would have missed many more games than he already has.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

By no means am I saying lets trade for Manning but if he is out there as in being cut we need to sign him, now if Indy wants one 1st for him we do that to in my opinion. If you are talking about several first round pics then forget it.

As far as Luck, he is a pure pocket passer, I look at RG3 and wonder with as accurate as he is and mobile he might be a good to great NFL QB.

18. BigEvil

BigEvil Member

They wont do a damn thing with Suckchez for a while. The shopping list is a lot bigger than just a new O.C. We have at least two more years of this guy.

19. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Wrong guy.

Brian Westbrook is the one who drove up McNabb's comp %.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that is sanchez biggest problem at this point. he is just not handling pressure well and getting creamed regularly. i will give him this that guy is a tough sob to keep getting up time and time again from shot after shot after shot.

but his throwing before guys come out of breaks and just shriveling up when pressure is coming is very scary.