Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I don't really agree with any of this. He's definitely not a game manager, he's wildly inconsistent. Usually 1 or 2 drives a game he will look like a good QB and completely inept on the others. He's an especially bad fit for the type of team/football the Jets are trying to play.

I think the Jets right now would be better off with someone that was consistently mediocre rather than Sanchez with his higher highs but much lower lows.

That being said I hope we get a chance to see what he can do with a different OC. As bad as Sanchez has been the flashes of brilliance do give you hope and hopefully a different gameplan/system can bring the best out of him.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

1000 yards each year in the past five years, one of those years he had the mighty Chad Henne throwing to him.

True, but he had his best year when paired with a hall of fame WR (Moss).

3. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Yes indeed watch them play. Watch Julio Jones stretch the field , watch Roddy White run precise routes, watch Tgonz draw double coverage from a LB/safety and watch the Falcons line give Ryan time in perfect dome weather conditions. Watch Cutler take advantage of play action as his Denver/Bears teams were some of the best rushing teams in the NFL, also watch them play their respective "powerhouse" divisions 6 games a year. And futhermore, watch them play with Shotty as an OC and with a turnstile for a RT. Its all apples and oranges.

Players statistics need to be looked at based on a whole shitload of surrounding circumstances which are team and situation based, this is why outside of fantasy football purposes - ranking/rating players is - Yes fruitless.

If you want to say Sanchez had a bad year fine, if you want to compare arm strength, quickness, fine ,but comparing statistics to another QB is absurd.

4. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Ya but the dude says Qb's dont matter in the Nfl its a team game. Just proving him wrong.

5. Organized Chaos

It's not that crazy as long as you consider the situation (I think I mentioned this). For example, Alex Smith is having a better year than Sanchez when it comes to a lot of stats, but I think you could put Sanchez on that team and he'd do just as well, if not better than Smith.

6. Organized Chaos

Just for fun, a list of QB's that started this season at some point, but are shittier than Sanchez at this point in their careers. This isn't a whole list, just a few:

Josh Freeman
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Colt McCoy
    Matt Moore
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Rex Grossman
    Christian Ponder
    Blaine Gabbert
    Kevin Kolb
    John Skelton
    Curtis Painter
    Donovan McNabb
    Chad Henne
    T.J. Yates
    Vince Young
    Caleb Hanie
    Tyler Palko

7. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

If that's in reply to me, where did I say Qb's don't matter ??. What i'm saying is comparing QB's statistics is a foolish argument.

8. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Why is it foolish? Is it ok for Sanchez to have a 56% completion rate in Shottys 2 yard offense?

9. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I don't care what his completion % is , I care about one stat W's and L's .

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Then lets go and trade our future for Tim Tebow. Think Denver will take Revis? and Sanchez won 60% of his games why is that so special?

11. Mason

Mason New Member

You say 2 yard offense as if it's supposed to help a QBs' completion percentage.

12. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Ya think its easier to throw in a 2 yard offense then a 20 yard offense don't you?

13. Mason

Mason New Member

Receivers who have produced with bad QBs:

Randy Moss(made QB a pro bowler)
    Terrell Owens(made QB a pro bowler)
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Steve Smith(made QB a pro bowler)
    Brandon Marshall(made QB a pro bowler)
    Andre Johnson
    Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Anquan Boldin

These are just of the top of my head. I'm 100% certain there are many more.

#293 Mason, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. Mason

Mason New Member

If you're running a "2 yard offense" and never taking it deep(and we never take it deep), don't you think the opposing defense knows you're only throwing short routes?

15. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

From the perspective of a rival team it will be interesting to see who lasts longer in NY, Sanchez or Rex. QB and coaching controversies that lead to dramatic roster and management changes usually aren't good things.

16. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

mark sanchez is not that accurate.

playcalling is always a factor but last year, rex said sanchez's completion percentage was lower than expected because of all the shots we took downfield.

this year, we don't go downfield but his completion % is still not where it's supposed to be.

17. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

yeah, the best thing would be to lock up sanchez to a nice long term deal in the middle of a season right after a nice hot streak.

that never backfires.

18. Mason

Mason New Member

I didn't say he was, but this short passing attack doesn't help his percentage. A mix of both short, intermediate and deep passing would be ideal. If it's as black and white as "deep or short", then you're not going to get the desired results. As for his accuracy, it's on par with Stafford's, which is to say, it could use a lot of work.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not in Madden.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Stafford is at 63.7%. He has 4500 yards, and averages 7.5 per pass to Sanchez' 6.4.

How is that on par?