Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a crazy Jets fan but I really fucking think we can make the playoffs this year and even if we don't its going to be on new years so ima drink anyway.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If the Pats lose they could still be the #1 seed I think.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

no what pisses me off,Jason Taylor has 7 sacks for the Dolphins this season more then anyone else on our team and we got rid of him.He wanted to come back but we dropped the ball.His last game is sunday he will retire

4. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

no i mean we wont beat miami

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

yes, you are right.

besides, why back into the playoffs just to be toast after week 1?

been there, done that under herm and mangini. it just means you get a worse draft position and perpetual mediocrity. 40 plus years of that, minus a few under michaels or tuna was enough.

i do not expect us to win at miami. despite their record, their team of tuna leftovers is actually ahead of us. just look at the game with the pats as proof of that. get a decent head coach in there, and watch out!

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Fuck him. He came here for a paycheck. I hope we ruin his last game ever in pro football, because we all know he's gonna wanna play good since we didn't resign him (rightfully so) and it is the Jets he's playing in his last game..

I hope his knees give out and he never walks again.. He's a piece of shit.

[​IMG]

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

We'd have a decent shot of taking out TJ Yates and his Texans if we get in. Then it's New England again.

Don't think we make it though.

8. lakersmetsjets49ers

i'll put it like this, if their still alive jan 1st come 4:15pm est, i'll like their chances.

if the ravens lose to the bengals their frauds imo and sweeping pittsburgh and putting themselves in a position to have some home playoff games was all for nothing.

i think one of the afc west teams will lose as well.

i really don't see the titans winning that game though. houston isn't trying to go into their first playoffs on a 3 game losing streak looking vunerable, aside from that i don't think the titans are very good to begin with.

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

1/1 1:00 ET Tennessee -3 At Houston
    1/1 4:15 ET Baltimore -2.5 At Cincinnati
    1/1 1:00 ET At Miami -2.5 NY Jets
    1/1 4:15 ET At Oakland -3 San Diego
    1/1 4:15 ET At Denver -3.5 Kansas City

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml

edit: yes, thank you below. i'm quite aware! just a copy/paste error. that game is paramount, and houston is locked into the 3 seed with nothing to play for. :(

#409 twown, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. OverloadBlitz

We don't need both Denver and Oakland to lose just one. We do however need Tennessee to lose.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Jason Taylor...last time I saw him was the postgame conference after we lost the AFC championship. He was so sad and heartbroken.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Houston already flat out said they are planning on winning Sunday. They blew the Titans out last time, this time it is in Houston. They should win.

And if the Ravens lose to the Bengals, then yeah they are frauds. They have gone on the road the last 3 years, and now they have their chance to get a home game AND a bye. They are undefeated at home to. Hopefully the Pats lose to the Bills so the Ravens will be more motivated to get the 1 seed.

13. OverloadBlitz

Lets not forget San Diego wants to take last weeks frustration out on Oakland as well. The only thing that worries me is if we make the postseason and somehow get to the AFCCG that Shotty returns next season because of it.

14. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Ok. Didn't talk about their grading system. I just wrote that McCourty is about to be the only player in NFL history to give up 1,000 yards receiving. Had to rub it in to the Pats posters who troll the board, esp the ones that praised him to no end.

15. lakersmetsjets49ers

one of the west teams that needs to lose is going to lose. i don't care which one it is but one of em will lose. romeo crenell is trying to get that interm head coach tag removed and become the head coach and kyle orton coming back to denver after being released. kc is going to make that a game, and i honestly feel the broncos peaked too early.

like you said, san diego wants to send the raiders to the same place their going to end the season and to get payback for the thursday night loss earlier in the season.

if houston plays their starters, the titans are 8-8

i hope the players are doing minimal scoreboard checking though come sunday and just focus on the part they can do. don't worry about the titans game and just win the dolphins game and let things play out however they may from there.

16. Thesanchize81

Thesanchize81 New Member

Part of me wants us to not make the playoff this year so that the FO and the coaches will get a head start in fixing some of the few weaknesses we have.
    Scouting for the defense should be hands on by Rex.
    Then again, the AFC is so weak that if we get in, watch out. I just don't know how I will rob it in on some haters. Imagine this team making the superbowl with 9-7 record. Will make a lot of people look foolish

17. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

The Jets making it in is what people least expect, therefore it will happen. That's my first take.

My second take? It looks rough, but based on the way I pick this week's games we make it in. But considering most of the matchups I expect to be pretty close (including our game), I'll keep my expectations low and my hopes high.

I can tell you one thing, it'd be a hell of a way to start the year if we actually make it.

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i still have faith!

but i've been avoiding reading up on scenarios because i know they'll make me feel worse.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

If Schotty is going to be fired regardless why not let Tom Moore call the plays for this week?

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Also Andre Johnson is going to get some reps in the game - trying to build some chemistry with yates and go into the playoffs not losing 3 straight.

Ravens need to win to secure a 1st round bye -- they lose and Pitt wins they go from #2 to #5 so it is a huge game for them to secure a home game and a bye to get Boldin back.