Braylon Edwards - Released by SF on 12/27

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I'd sign Braylon in a heartbeat but it really doesnt make a difference. We could have 5 Jerry Rice's in their prime. If you run 5 yard routes all game, even on 3rd and long, you're not going to be very productive. I wish people would stop pussyfooting around the issue. It's the playcalling! Whether receivers get seperation, YAC, block downfield and all that other nitpicking shit is irrelevant. This offense is not designed to be successful so nothing else matters until we get a new O coordinator.

2. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I don't blame him. I think he would have been better for us to keep around than signing Plax. He never quit on any plays, he was the consummate professional and a guy Sanchez could depend on.

Essentially we let two guys go who were hard workers, playing hard on every play to get two lazy receivers who are too selfish to not quit on routes and help their struggling QB.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

Plax and Holmes are BOTH much better receivers than Cotchery or Edwards or Brad Smith

what's next --- a "we shudda kept " Jo Jo Townsell"thread??

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Holmes wasn't a mistake, but without Braylon we only have 1 deep threat, and he's the one that opposing defenses focus on and adjust their game plan for. Plax simply hasn't been as fast or as good as getting separation as Braylon was. He's good at making catches in traffic, but half the time his catches are waived off for PI. Braylon would not only add a deep threat and speedy option but increase Holmes' production as well. If we had only signed Braylon and not Holmes, we'd be in the same exact situation now, with possibly another loss or 2. It was clear Edwards wasn't signing here for cheap, so we really didn't have a choice with his track record. I'm all about bringing him back, however.

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Call me what you may but too many people equate the Madden overall rating to value on the field in real life. I knew I'd get some flack for saying from day one that I'd rather keep Braylon than Holmes, but I saw how Holmes could get when the shit hit the fan. Braylon had his off-field run ins no doubt, but at least I can't remember him taking plays off. With Holmes you had a moron off the field and a lazy asshole when he didn't get the ball. Plax is the same way. The two of them are CAPABLE of making the highlight catch, but who cares when they're dogs half the time.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

He cleared waivers today

7. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I can see you saying Holmes is better but Plaxico at his age and speed right now really?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, they waived Eron Riley to bring Ricky Sapp up from the PS, it had nothing to do with Braylon.