Im sick and tired of these mindless Jet fans bashing Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Dec 25, 2011.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agreed, but at the same time Manning inexplicably kept throwing at Revis. This isn't the Panthers with one good receiver - the Giants have weapons. Manning seemed to want to prove that Revis wasn't as good as advertised - and got proved horribly, horribly wrong.

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez has missed some throws this season but its hard to complete 60%+ of your passes when defenders are sitting on the sticks because all your OC calls are predictable at best. Almost every single completion I seen Sanchez make this season the receiver barely had an inch of separation because defenders know exactly whats going on but nobody talks about that.

3. The_Darksider

My man! I don't know you, but you pretty much just summarized what I said (later in this thread) in response to a guy who wanted proof that Sanchez had regressed. You have hit it right on the head.

4. The_Darksider

C'mon man. Does it matter whether Cruz was undrafted? Did you see the year the guy is having? I realize this isn't a Sanchez post but be realistic with your comments.

5. The_Darksider

Any blame at all? Not even a little bit? When was the last time they stopped something other than a backup or journeyman QB? When was the last time they made a big stop late in a close game? If Stevie Johnson doesn't drop that pass, the Jets would already have been knocked out.

How about the big 3rd down plays they give up consistently?

The team is a bit of a mess on all levels. To say the defense doesn't deserve any blame at all might be the most ignorant thing said in this thread full of ignorant things.

The defense is FAR overrated.

6. The_Darksider

Did you even watch the game? The defense was TERRIBLE for the entire 1st half. Mendenhall ran around like a guy possessed, and we once again couldn't make big stops when we needed them. Antonio "5 Yards, Automatic 1st Down" Cromartie set the tone early when the D stopped Pitt on a 3 and out and he gave them a 1st.

7. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Both Sanchez and Rex's jobs are safe for the next two seasons.

This offseason, Shotty will be thrown under the bus. Next offseason, Pettine will be the scapegoat.

It all comes down to what happens after the 2013 season. Rex will try to save his job by sacrificing Sanchez, while Mark will be pointing fingers directly at Rex. It will all come down to who Woody sides with. That will be a fun offseason.

8. The_Darksider

Maybe. But with less than a minute left in the half (if memory serves) just get into the friggin' lockerroom. 3rd and 17 with very little time left in a half during a game when you need to regroup isn't the same thing as 3rd and 17 in the 3rd quarter.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

You like dealing with strawman arguments huh? The guy never said the defense doesn't deserve any blame, he astutely pointed out they are top 10 in almost every category though. Defense gets some criticism, but they've been pretty good this year, although not nearly as good as yr 1 and 2 under Rex.

When was the last time they stopped a QB other than a journeyman? Lets see they played pretty well against Eli on Sunday (completed a whopping 9 passes, under 35% passing), against Rivers, Campbell, Flacco, Tebow, Fitz (once) etc. The list can go on. Brady and Vick were the only QB who truly torched this D all year.

3rd down plays they give up consistently? They're 2nd in the NFL in opponents 3rd down %.

What about when the defense DID make a stop in a key situation? Dallas, Buffalo, Washington, and SD just to name a few where their offense could have taken the lead but didn't. Why do they not get credit for these games? What about the games where they dominated from start to finish? Buffalo, Jax, KC (even if its against bad QBs)

You can't knock the bad without giving credit for the good man. Thats not how it works.

10. Mason

Mason New Member

I'm going to keep asking this question until someone answers it.

Exactly how many good to great QBs in this league don't have a good receiving corps? And with that obvious answer in mind(none), why do we expect Sanchez to be good with anything less than a good receiving corps?

We have an inconsistent #2 playing #1 in Holmes, and a slow 34 year old, shot in the leg, 2 year prison sentence Plaxico Burress as our #2. Terrible offensive coordinator notwithstanding, why anyone would expect Sanchez to be a good QB in this league with THIS, is beyond me.

Irrational hate is irrational. Keep ignoring the obvious problem at receiver, and you'll continue to see poor play from the QB position. When Reggie Wayne outproduces your #1 guy playing with the likes of Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky, you know you're in trouble.

#210 Mason, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Your right the defense has played well which is why I get more pissed off when I see a 99 Yard catch and run or TIM TEBOW driving the ball 95 yards or guys blowing assignments/not keeping containment. The defense has played great but we've struggled with tackling all year long and stopping outside runs.

12. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Keller and Holmes is a really, really good start.

How good are Welker or Jordy Nelson or Devery Henderson without their QBs? Austin Collie isn't all that good without Manning, as an example.

#212 ManlyGenius, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  13. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

One.

Two, if you consider Eli Manning to be a "good to great QB in this league". But, I don't. So, one.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Should have kept Derrick Mason?

15. The_Darksider

Cherry pick stats? I sent a reply to you that had almost nothing to do with stats, and instead with everything I see each week watching the kid play. He has regressed, period. Not signficantly, and obviously not statistically, but he's playing scared quite often and he is trying to force the ball in to receivers who aren't open. He's thrown more bad INTs than he has in the past, and he never looks for other receivers beyond the guy he wants to throw to.

Where's the stats?

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

I responded to your post a page back and laughed at it in the process. You didn't respond to it. I responded to your post again on this page and you didn't respond to it either. I'm waiting for you to refute my analysis of the two posts but you haven't yet which means you're either lazy or you can't.

I was also unaware there is a 'bad INT' category. Would be curious to see which websites have this as a stat. smh...

17. The_Darksider

You're a funny dude....lol I assure you it's true. I've traveled to all 7 road games, and I'm flying to Miami this weekend.

Idiotic "look at me!" response aside (sorry), TV allows you to see what the television crew wants you to see. Being at the game allows you to see a lot more of the entire field, instead of just the box that the camera shows.

I will cede one point to you: perhaps he has been doing the exact same thing for three years and I haven't noticed it as much because I AM there every week this year. But either way, that proves your point about seeing more on TV wrong. Additionally, if he HAS been doing this every year, which to a degree he has but to me it seems a lot more prevalent htis year, then the 11-page debate (currently 11 pages) would be nil because you can't consider a guy who does all of the above consistently, without adjusting to overcome it, a potential elite QB.

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Agreed completely. The defense held the Giants O in that 1st half to under 80 yards before that play. I was completely enraged by it; killed any momentum we had. Same goes with Denver, they essentially pitched a football version of a 'perfect game.' Denver had what, 115 total yards in 55+ minutes?

19. Mason

Mason New Member

And this is why the Sanchez hate is irrational. No Keller and Holmes aren't a "really good start". Keller is not a great TE(he is "OK" at best) and Holmes is your league's average #2 receiver. He's only gone over 1k yards once in his career, and that was when he was playing with a 95 reception, 1200 yard Hines Ward in his prime.

Show me proof that Holmes is a #1 receiver in this league, because all I see is a guy who's overpaid, doesn't get open, doesn't get separation, can't go deep, and can't beat the opposing team's #1 corner on a week to week basis.

Devery Henderson is a niche receiver, much like Holmes and Burress. His one role is to go deep, and that's it. He stretches the opposing defense, but hes a one trick pony. The Saints' #1 receiver is Marques Colston(who has gone over 1000 yards in every season he's been healthy), and in case you hadn't noticed, the Saints have some pretty damn good weapons on offense. The same can be said for the Patriots, who have one good Tight End, and one GREAT Tight End. Not to mention one of the best receivers in the game in Welker.

I don't see how mentioning these teams helped your point.

20. Mason

Mason New Member

It would have been great if you mentioned the QBs' name. Who is it?