Im sick and tired of these mindless Jet fans bashing Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Dec 25, 2011.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This x 1000.

It's mind boggling how they don't even attempt to accentuate Mark's strengths.

2. gmay8

gmay8 Member

Mark Sanchez has started 52 games for the Jets and has thrown for over 300 yards 5 times in those 52 starts. He has never thrown for over 400 yards.

Drew Brees has started 15 games this year and has thrown for over 300 yards 12 times and has thrown for over 400 yards 2 times.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How many 300 & 400 yard games did Brees have in his first 52 games?

4. gmay8

gmay8 Member

he had 4 300 yard games passing in his first 22 games with the Chargers

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Dude....Sanchez is the problem ...

6. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Brees had 4 300 yard games in his first 26 games as a Bolt. Only two in his next 26.

The answer is 6 300 yard games and 0 400 yard games.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Sanchez also has a 299 yard game (I think at Detroit 2010) so can we call this a wash?

#167 ScotsJet, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just looked it up, he had 6 300 yard passing games in his first 52 games. 1 more than Sanchez.

errr - i guess others already found it.

9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I'd say so, especially considering Brees played quite a few games with prime LT and an emerging Gates.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why this means Sanchez was "exposed". I am certainly not a big Sanchez backer, nor am I in the "run him out of town" camp. I just try to remain as objective as I can. And this can't all be put on Sanchez.

The Jets let go of a few guys who were essential to the Ground and Pound game. Edwards, Cotchery - these guys provided blocks and created holes in the running game. Holmes doesn't do that, nor does Burress. The OL can't protect Sanchez. So the Jets basically decided to unleash Sanchez, but not give him the tools to do so. The guy hasn't had time to throw all year.

Now, I am not defending him and/or absolving him of blame entirely. He's made a lot of bad reads, and he doesn't always throw the ball away when he should. Far too often, he tries to force a ball to his intended receiver despite the fact that the receiver is completely blanketed. So he's to blame to a degree.

But when your WRs are limited, your OL is swiss cheese, and your offensive coordinator is a complete imbecile who coaches like a bad poker player that only pays attention to the cards he holds, you can't say Sanchez sucks and needs to go.

The jury is still out on him as a winning QB. It's obvious by now that he'll never be elite, but we won't need him to be.

11. The_Darksider

This is VERY TRUE!!! Schottenheimer does not try to adjust his game plan to the team he's playing against, and instead tries to force his own game plan on the offense. He also very rarely makes more than a couple of small adjustments during the game. Whatever adjustments he does make work for a series or two, and then when the defense readjusts, he doesn't adjust again. He is reactive at best, and certainly not proactive.

He's an idiot.

12. The_Darksider

I don't agree with this. He certainly has regressed. He's got legitimate reasons for doing so (horrible line, selfish receivers, horrifyingly bad play calling), however.

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

By definition, regression means to perform to a worse state than you were previously. Do you care to provide evidence where he has regressed instead of just saying he does? Because I have yet to come across it. Don't confuse minor improvements with regression.

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

What about all the pick 6's and fumbles?

Those are far more important than any QB stats.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i am with you 100%. people who put it all on sanchez really have a limited knowledge of football.

playcalling + crap offensive line = sanchez 2011.

its clear as day....and the majority of people are feeding into the media hype...sanchez is not the problem on this team, not even close.

i think 90% of people don't comprehend the importance of the offensive line since its not talked about.

on the field, the offensive line has been the single point of failure on this team. honorable mention to the safety position.

with that said, next year when the jets address the offensive line and hopefully bring in a new playcaller, everyone will say they have always loved sanchez and he is a beast.

#175 TurkJetFan, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

If what you say is true...why does'nt Rex step in and make him make the adjustments? This has been going on for the past 3 seasons...don't you think this is SOP? I believe Rex plans and calls offense and defense game plans...but this is just me.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

its definitely just you.

rex has little to no input offensively except occasionally he'll say "run the ball".

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

A 'pick 6' IMO is one of the most overrated stats in the NFL. A pick 6 has more to do with the person who intercepts the ball, and how good/bad he can read the opposing offense in trying to score. I remember reading a study, I forget who the quarterbacks were (I'll try to find it), but it was something like QB A had 80 interceptions and only 3 were pick 6's, while the QB B only had 20 interceptions, but 6 of them were pick 6's.

In terms of fumbles, I try to look at the nature of a fumble instead of just the stat. If the majority of a QBs fumbles are a result of him getting hit from his blindside, then IMO its somewhat excusable on his part (how do you defend holding the ball if a 300+ lb linemen hits you?). If Sanchez is rushing with the ball and just careless with it, then obviously thats on him.

Also, a quick look up of his fumbles:

'09-10 fumbles
    '10-9 fumbles
    '11-10 fumbles

Wouldn't call this a regression.

As far as interceptions you can make the case he's had a slight regression (2.6% to 2.9% INT rate). At the same time, and I'll hold off until I see FBOs study for 2011, he was rated as the luckiest QB in '10 in terms of dropped interceptions. If that number is down a bit (which I'm sure it is), then this wouldn't necessarily be a regression either.

Not saying he's a great QB (not by any stretch), but of all the doom and gloom posts about everyone on this team, the ones that annoy me the most are 1) Sanchez has regressed and 2) Greene hasn't been a good RB, both of which are completely wrong.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Speaking of which, what ever happened to running more wildcat like Rex wanted to do against Washington? Was that just a one game deal?

20. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

How abt we give Sanchez 4 years to develope like every qb and then talk??? Also its nice to compare him with the elite qb's and not have a definite answer on who was better during their 3 playing years.

A-We have to realize he has done some really good and some not so good things. But his numbers are up and show no reason to give up on him
    B- Sanchez is Sanchez no Brady, Manning, or Brees... So plz give up on the comparison
    C- The worst possible scenirio would be to get an in jured Peyton and release Sanchez and to have Sanchez become the qb some of us know he is capable of.

Can some of our stat ppl show what Sanchez numbers will look like at his rate of progression in his first 3 year... Thanks

Lets beat the phins and get to the damn playoffs and cause havoc!!!
    I know IF we get in nobody wants a part of us!!