Im sick and tired of these mindless Jet fans bashing Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Dec 25, 2011.

1. curtis

curtis New Member

This thread is so full of dumb I don't even get it.

Sanchez has been sacked 37 times, that's 2 1/2 per game. Our O-Line is a far cry from what it used to be.

Everyone agrees that Schotty blows, right? We have a terrible offensive scheme, the worst running game we've had in probably a decade, 34 year old fresh out of prison as our #2, rookie slot receiver, arguably the slowest defense in the league, and yet Mark Sanchez is in the top 7 in passing TDs? How the fuck does that happen if he's so terrible?

Seriously, this is one of the most reactionary fanbases ever. A young QB that CONTINUOUSLY improves every season, even with revolving personnel, and everyone is ready for Andrew Luck? Give me a damn break.

People see QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Brady and Drew Brees and think every QB has to be that good to have a job. No, those QBs are just really fucking talented. These are some of the most ridiculous "analysis" of the QB position ever. Losing season? CUT EVERYONE AND DRAFT NEW PLAYERS AND ALSO SIGN AND TRADE FOR OTHER TEAMS GOOD PLAYERS.

So glad none of you work for the Jets front office.

2. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Arguably the slowest De in the league? Revis and Comartie are some of the fasters players in the league? Also Every Qb has been sacked 30+ times this season stop your crying. And 7th in tds? What about being last in the league in completion % does that reflect on Shotty to? Why are you looking at 1 stat to determine if he is good or not? Who cares how many Tds he scores if you can't see he is playing like dogshit you are not watching the game.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

At least his rankings are correct...

Who cares how many TD's are scored? You understand the point of football don't you?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Listen to the conference call that Rex had on Monday. He tries so hard not to throw Schotty under the bus so many times, but basically says that they passed the ball far too much. Let's see what Sanchez does under a real OC, because this Schottenturd is getting flushed before the Super Bowl is played. Good riddance.

5. abyzmul

At least TX makes some smart football posts, even though many of them are meant to inflame the tards that you speak of. It's not always bad to have an opposing viewpoint that sparks debate. And it can be pretty bad to have a cadre of know-it-all forum turds shouting down any opposing viewpoint, as we have seen.

#145 abyzmul, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  6. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Great post, glad there are still some jets fans with a brain!

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

If I were in the Front office I would have stuck to Parcells QB drafting rules and never drafted a QB without sufficient College game experience / film and who has never seen snow.

I would never draft a Cali-Panzy boy to play in NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I stil contend Sanchez has had a nagging injury most of the season. They threw deep less this year than the previous two. He hurt his shoulder while getting mugged in the Raiders or Ravens games.

What other year have we watched our QB get hammered repeatedly? Surprised he lasted the season with the beating he took. Tough kid. He's our QB get used to it.

9. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He'll be here next year...only way he leaves is if someone picks him up as head coach. He's tied to Rex.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

OT: Every time I see this thread title from the main forum it cut's off at "I'm sick and tired of these..." and I can't help but think "motherfuckin snakes on this motherfuckin plane!"

Apologies for interrupting.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why people are pissed at Sanchez? He is clearly not good enough right now to carry the team but in fairness to Sanchez, we don't have a head coach who believes that the QB should carry the team.

Rex believes in Defense and running the ball, keeping turnovers down and solid special teams. That's the formula that backed us into the playoffs in 09, got us in the playoffs in 10 and got us a couple of playoff wins both years.

In case I missed something, our running game isn't great. Our no. 1 back, a big bruiser who likes delivering big hits on defenses seems to leave the field after delivering those hits. Our other drafted backs rarely if ever see the field. We have a total JAG at Left Tackle and a practice squad player at RT. We traded up to draft our TE who is a poor blocker and a decent but not great pass catching TE.

We also traded away our starting safety after the 09 season even though we had the No. 1 D in the league and replaced him with a total JAG who can't run or cover but can hit. We finally get Lowery off the bench when Leonard goes down to stabilize our D in the playoffs and we unload him after the season without replacing him.

Rex missed the note the league sent out that puts a premium on defensive speed and the passing game. Since he missed that note and failed to build the team around Sanchez, you can't blame Sanchez for not being able to carry Rex's team when his team, the one that plays D and runs the ball, covers kicks, and makes kick returns fail to do just that.

This is on the HC and the GM not Sanchez. If you want a QB who can carry the team bring in a HC and OC who want to build the team around the QB and take your lumps. If you want a QB who can manage the team you better have the goods on D and in the running game and on special teams to carry your QB.

This all falls on Tanny and Rex. Sanchez gets a pass until we put in a coaching staff and GM who walk the walk not talk the talk.

12. abyzmul

Rex is tied to Sanchez. There is no such tie to Schotty. Brian Schottenheimer will either be Rex's golden parachute, or the anchor that drags him to the bottom of the Atlantic.

13. abyzmul

I agree with you, although apparently Schotty did not get the memo. Mark Sanchez threw the ball 59 times on Saturday, 10 short of the Jets record (Vinny T against the Ravens in 2000) and 11 short of the all time record.

And that is ranked 12th for most single game passing attempts all time.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Giant game expossed everything that's wrong with this team right now. Shotty has to go at this point, I get it. That said the D and OL have real issues. Sanchez has to develop and we better get him some weapons who have more than a .10 head. I'm much more concerned about 2 straight years of having our D expossed over and over again because of a lack of range at Safety when our HC is a defensive savant.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I admit to my support of Sanchez being a bit shaky but I'd really like to see what a new OC and a consistency with the WR corps could accomplish.
    I'm hoping we sign a younger top tier FA WR, like maybe Braylon depending on his health(some may argue his "top tier" status) And a more accomplished replacement for Hunter on the OL.

Let's be honest, and I've said this many times before, Sanchez has had new receivers in each of his 3 years in the league.
    Not to mention this years revamped OL which has fallen off terribly from a year ago and you can see that this shouldn't just fall on Sanchez's shoulders.

All this being said, SCHOTTY MUST GO!

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

thats great video but it's also college where wide recievers are wide open. the game isn't quite so easy when they get to the pro's as sanchez has realized. reciever's don't get 10 to 15 yards of seperation like they were in that video. that's exactly why you don't see sanchez doing any of that in the pro's.

usc's talent level is usually way above most of their opponents which is another reason why it looks so easy. sanchez has to play against nfl talent and he isn't so flashy anymore, now is he?

17. abyzmul

I thought that Sanchez was making some strides this year, until teams began to figure out how to turn Hunter back into a turnstyle. Mark took some seriously evil looking hits over that time, and he seemed to devolve from that point. Sucks.

I get you about the D and OL, I have been beating those drums myself. No way this D will ever survive in a league that is unfortunately trending it's offensive attacks toward the inside portion of the field, where we are weak. No way we do it with slow linebackers and safeties that have no idea how to cover passing routes. Too much attention (and assets) has been paid to corners.

I talked to someone else about this, it seems like Rex has an Achilles heel in the form of his confidence to coach up low round and undrafted LBs and safeties, to his detriment sometimes. He doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in his coaching ability when it comes to the cornerback position, and his attacking scheme relies heavily on single coverage of the wide receiver position, and I think his master plan of Revis/Nnamdi/Wilson exploded in his face and he and Tanny/Cohen had a VERY weak backup plan for it.

Cromartie will never be good enough to play man-up the way Rex's attack plan requires. I was pointing it out to a friend during the game, Cro barely even attempts to jam at the line anymore. He has no heart and less brains.

Problem is, I am scared that Rex thinks the solution is to draft more corners.

#157 abyzmul, Dec 27, 2011
  18. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I would like to see Wilson get a chance to start because that was his forte coming out of college was straight up bump and run man coverage and he never played slot in college so I think that's why hes struggled at times. Cromartie is more of a playmaking corner who needs a pass rush like the 2009 team to shine. I really don't understand why the FO didn't fire Shotty 2 years ago when they got Sanchez the offense has been bad all 6 years hes been here. I think our defense really got exposed on saturday though just horrible tackling and it looked like we just gave up on both Bradshaw's touchdown runs. Cro should have been benched IMO after the 99 yard TD catch n run by Cruz because that was the turning point in the game. Anyways give Sanchez an offseason with a new QB minded OC who will actually work with him on his footwork and can gameplan around the strengths of the team and lets see what the kid can do.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well I never said they were difficult throws but they were throws that we have seen Sanchez succeed at I'm the nfl. However we don't move him around the pocket very often and we either don't dial up the deep ball or protect long enough to let him throw it. It seems we want sanchez to succeed at this quick strike read and beat the defense throws when only brees Brady and Rodgers have done that successfully this year. 28 other qbs run offenses that suit the strength of ther offense

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The funny part is, this tells you what is wrong with Mark, or the Jets coaching staff.

When Tebow came in, the Broncos coaches basically altered their whole offense to base it on his strengths.

With Sanchez, Shotty and crew seem to ignore what Sanchez does well.

Sanchez is great at playaction when he has a run first offense. He's got some accuracy issues, and has been bad at throwing the ball down the field this season.

Sanchez is tenth in the league in pass attempts this season. He's only 14 attempts short of Stafford and 13 short of Rivers. Is that a recipe for success?

So what does Shotty draw up for the Giants? A plan for Mark to throw the ball 60 times. While the Giants have a poor secondary, they have a good dline and linebackers, while our line has been pretty bad this season...and we were running well against them!

So we end up with stuff like this:

Sanchez completed more passes to Giants defenders (two) than his own receivers (none) on eight attempts that traveled at least 15 yards from the line of scrimmage.

They should just ground and pound the ball period. If it's not working I can understand switching to a pass first offense, but the Jets were running the ball well against the giants. Putting Sanchez into situations where he's bound to lose is retarded.

#160 Organized Chaos, Dec 27, 2011