Does this loss make the Giants the team of NY?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Had the Vagiants lost this game you'd be seeing the same type of shit from your fan base. Everyone knew the loser of this game would be reeling. And we are reeling.

#41 Jake, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Joe Walton

Joe Walton Banned

Yes, you would have seen the same thing on the Giants board that you're now seeing on the JESTS board...the difference being the "nobody can beat us" attitude that constantly paraded itself not too long ago. The entire JEST organization set itself up to look foolish if it didn't cash in on all the checks it's been writing. The circus act hit its peak with Hard Knocks. Now, very few people are still paying attention every time a proclamation and prediction gets made...even less will be next year when Rex declares the JESTS superbowl bound in August.

And if your organization throws away a first-round, third-year quarterback (which took a first round pick to get) in favor of a 36-year-old QB with a neck problem...then seriously, just hang up your jersey and don't go to anymore drafts.

#42 Joe Walton, Dec 26, 2011
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What "nobody can beat us" attitude? Have you ever read this board after a football game? There's never anything but complaints and skepticism.

RR's schtick with the media may rub you the wrong way but he doesn't speak for the fan base.

Btw: the shit you saw on Hard Knocks goes on in every locker room, you just didn't see it before RR let you.

#43 Jake, Dec 26, 2011
  4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You do realize other teams have done Hard Knocks, not just the Jets?
    You realize Rex only guaranteed the super bowl this year, and did it smiling as usual this year? The other years he said he thought his team should be favored.
    You realize if you only pay attention to media clips that the other 99% of the time Rex Ryan is praising how good the other team/coach is. He literally piles on praise to Brady and Bill. Told the media as long as that duo is there they are going to have the QB and coaching advantage. How disgraceful of rex ryan! Don't take every sound bite at face value, they're used to get you to watch/read/listen to the story. Make sure to look at the question asked too and all the other comments. It will put a whole new perspective on everything ESPN tries to make you believe.

#44 displacedfan, Dec 26, 2011
  5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I thought every play was a correct interpretation of a rule, even though it may have appeared otherwise to the uninitiated. After ending of Arizona game, Giant fans are the last ones who should be questioning rule interpretations

#45 Endlessly Counting, Dec 26, 2011
  6. Endlessly Counting

Driving around this afternoon, on talk radio, all I heard was Giant fans killing the Jets . So I don't think the Giants' fans have moved on

And for that matter, why are you joining a Jets board and lecturing Jets fans if you're looking forward to the Cowboys

7. The Angry Tuna

The Angry Tuna New Member

So you think a ruling on the field that needs indisputable evidence to be overturned should be overturned without indisputable evidence?

Also on the Cruz TD:

"Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1 states that 'An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended: (e): when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance.' "'

Just do me a favor and watch the video of it. He escapes one tackle, looks left, looks right and realizes that he is going to get hit from both sides, so he gives himself up to the ground. He makes no effort to advance, he gets up immediately to head back to the huddle.

8. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I meant a weak division Not conference. My bad NFC are coming back as a stronger conference but still neck and neck

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Funny, I don't remember you posting here before the game. Piss off.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

To be fair, I don't think Rex has bashed the Giants in the past per se. His rants have been more about his belief that the Jets are New York's #1 team. While Giants and their fans obviously don't agree, the reality most likely is that Rex is just motivating his team. If we can't be the #1 team in New York then how are we gonna win a Superbowl?

11. Endlessly Counting

Your post is hysterical I guess we touched a nerve

12. I'm sure I'll catch flack for this, and obviously w/ the money invested in a new stadium, it isn't going to happen..but at this point I'd be perfectly content to see the Jets leave NYC. Of course it would hurt to no longer be able to attend games and have the team's main stomping grounds be within a 2 hour drive like always..but I'm sick and tired of playing second fiddle.

I'm not scared to admit that to this day the "Giant stadium" references hurt. How do you even respond to that? When politics & logistics prevent you from having your own NFL stadium, and you're forced to share one with a team that has never respected you, maybe it's time to look elsewhere.

Additionally, what other team in the NFL has a local media circuit that openly roots against them? I'm sorry, but the way Fatcessa & Cimini treat the Jets,just isn't right.

LA,Vegas,Alaska...I don't care. Anywhere but NYC. If the Giants want the Jets out so bad...fair enough. Let's see how they handle having the entire NY sports media shining solely on them next time Desean jackson runs wild or Eli chokes.

Jets should move where they'll be appreciated,respected and can truly call home.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Let me help you get this straight then. For THIS year, the Giants own this town. It will take nothing less than the JETS making the kind of run you described in 2012 to even put us back in the conversation no matter what Rex wants you to think.

Your scenario is highly unlikely as the Jets have never won 12 games during the regular season since Rex got here, never won the division since Rex got here either. We as an organization have won ONE SB in 42 years and that wasn't in the modern era. The Giants have played in and won more SB's and have been around longer.

Sadly, Woody fucked up by agreeing to share a new stadium with a team that despises his. We're too old to "share an apartment". Should have built the WSS in Yonkers or anyplace other than East Rutherford. Now, until these teams meet again or the Jets somehow get themselves in a SB and WIN IT, the Giants walked the walk on us so yeah, they get to talk and we get to shut up and go back to learning how to play this game at a high level again.

I really don't care about 1988 as this is 2011. There was no Rex Ryan talking shit about who owns NY back then either. That was then, this is now. When it came time for the Jets to put up or shut up, they bitched up. It was another 2011 prime time collapse for Rex and his merry men. Joe Walton didn't come up with this game plan and those aren't Joe Walton's players who spit the bit. Rex set this game up as a barometer for who owns NY and his team had his back as much as they did when Jacobs got in Rex's face. Not a Jet player to be found anywhere nearby.

If this game wasn't supposed to be all that, then Rex shouldn't have made it all that. His mouth wrote the check, his CS and his team couldn't cash the check. Now his fanbase has to live with the fallout.

#53 Cman68, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  14. abyzmul

Kurt, the NFL is not unlike the other multi-multi-billion dollar professional sporting leagues, the cream of their crops reside in the big market money. The only way they'd ever let the Jets leave the NY market would be to go to LA. Because they REALLY want a team in LA. But I doubt that would ever happen, considering that there are plenty of failing small market teams that they can push toward SoCal.

Not gonna happen, my friend.

15. Yeah, no way a relocation ever happens at this point. Woody seems passionate about making things work in NYC...and the money invested in the new stadium confirms such. It's just so frustrating to not only have to battle teams on the field, but also have to overcome a "second fiddle" label as well as local media that would rather see you choke, than accomplish anything for the City.

It would be great to see the Jets move somewhere where they'd be better appreciated, and then watch the Giant's media driven demise with no "little brother" to offset the lofty Tri-state expectations.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jets need a SB victory to take NY and still have a long way to go after that to catch the Giants in filling up the trophy case.
    All this "big brother little brother" bullshit is good for the headlines but me personally I could give a rats ass.
    JUST WIN BABY!

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It depends on what the official measuring stick is. Which there isn't one.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Two mediocre teams neither or both of whom might back into the playoffs. The team with a game the week after next will get some attention.

If the Giants are in and we aren't I'm going to watch the Giants hope they win but not really care that much either way. If the Jets are in and the Giants aren't I'm going to root like hell for the Jets to win. If both are in I will watch both teams.

This is more of a Giants town because orginaztionally they have been able to win SB's over the last few decades. Winning creates interest. I don't hate on the Giants, frankly they gave us a home when the Mets shat all over us.

19. abyzmul

Cue junc accusing WB of being a Giants fan.

20. The Angry Tuna

The Angry Tuna New Member

I find it amusing you can do nothing to refute what I wrote. Well I got what I came for, an honest opinion from one fan and another one from you.