Assuming that Sanchez sticks around...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really? Pennington was a 1st round pick, he never had high expecatations? He was called "the next Joe Montana" by more than one person in the media.

Favre got injured with 5 game to go and outside of the game against Arizona he didn't tear it up.

2. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Pennington was drafted #18 and even then people thought that was to high, golden boy was drafted #5 overall and labled "franchise. Also who Did pennington have to throw to Jericho cotchery and Lavernous Coles? Your saying they are better then Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes?

Oh ya and you know what that crappy Pennington did his 1st full season behind our crappy oc? 275 for 399, 68% completion rate, 3120 yards,only 6 interceptions, 104 rating. In his 1st 3 years he was actually miles ahead of Sanchez's 1st 3 years, Sanchez couldn't even hold his Jock strap. I guess Shotty was good then but somehow regressed. Hell theres games this year Sanchez could of had 6 picks in 1 game. These Sanchez supporters are seriously getting ridiculous. Don't even compare Sanchez to Pennington, Sanchez couldn't even hold Penningtons Jockstrap. Get Manning or Luck Pronto!

#142 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Heres the problem, how many times did Pennington beat New England? How many AFC Championships did Pennington make it to? oh yeah, winning in the postseason isnt easy, and Sanchez seems to step it up while most step down.

4. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I never understood why one player would even want to hold another's jock strap.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Actually his first season under Shottenheim went a little something like this
    313/485 for 3653 yards, 17 TD's 16 INT 6.9 Y/A 7 Fumbles 4 lost. That was also his 7th season so pretty much a vet. Those are terrible numbers.

6. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

How many times has Sanchez beat Ne? He shit the bed twice this season while they had a 32 ranked defense and highscool safetys. He was so scared that he had a brain fart and called a time out for his boy Brady.

7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Forgot that Shotty wasn't the oc till 2006 but its simple Lavernous coles and Jerricho cotchery vs Keyshawn Johnson and Chrebet.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Thing that stands out to me is how both Noodle Arm and Favre had career years the year AFTER they left the Jets/Schott. There's gotta be a correlation there....

9. OverloadBlitz

I'd take those 2 who can actually get separation over 34 yr old Plaxico Burress having served a 2 year prison sentence with no offseason/OTAs and a #2 receiver who is 5'10 in Holmes.

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

You can't be a true Jets fan if you think so and by the way the same Cotchery was our no 3 receiver and Sanchez still sucked ass last year. Holmes is miles ahead better then Lavernous coles and if you think diff your smoking crack. Braylon Edwards didn't get seperation either right? Why did Sanchez suck so bad last year? Must be Shonn Greene's fault who shouldn't even be a starter right?

#150 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  11. OverloadBlitz

Braylon edwards had 900 yards last season averaging over 15 yards per catch Holmes is a true #2 receiver/slot receiver where his speed/quickness would thrive opposite someone like Braylon. Btw do you want to know Chads stats his second year under Shotty? They only get worst. Or maybe Favres 22 TDs and 22 INTs under Schotty, those are good as well.

12. Barry the Baptist

Hate to break it to you but Pennington never threw to Keyshawn. He was traded the year Pennington was drafted.

In 2002 which was probably his best year in NY he had Paul Hackett as his OC and he threw to Santana Moss and Coles. Chrebet was the #3.

You compare his stats to 06 under Scotty and it's night and day. In 4 more starts he only threw for 200 more yards and completed only 40 more passes. He also threw 5 less TD's and 10 more INT's. His completion % was also lower. In 07 he was on pace to have an even worse season before he got injured. In 9 starts that year he only threw 10 TD's and had 9 INT's with his yards nearly 2000 lower then the year before at the point he got injured. It was also his lowest yards per game avg unless you can't the year he only played 3 games. If that doesn't say regression then your blind.

13. OverloadBlitz

Hes been just mindlessly bashing Sanchez all day with no real argument lol. Brett Favre also had one of his worst seasons ever under Shotty and then went to Minnesota and had arguably his best season. I see a recurring theme here with the horrible offensive numbers.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, none of us are saying Sanchez is elite, just that we want to see him with a different OC and more time before we pass judgement. How terrible would it be to have our QB go and then have career numbers the year after they left us? Yep that happened twice already.

15. Barry the Baptist

What's funny is if you regress after having Paul Hackett as your OC there's a problem.

16. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Wow, this whole discussion goes round and round in so m any different threads...

1) The only way to finally answer the question Schotty or Sanchez is, Schotty has to go !

2) No doubt we will have to better protect our QB next season, but Mark has to learn to make his decisions and thow the fucking ball. Maybe a new OC and QB coach will help.

3) all three QB must learn the new system and be ready to go by training camp, no bullshit excuses.

4) this is the most important and I will keep saying it over and over again, whoever is the starting QB for the NY Jets next year HAS TO EARN THE SPOT AND KEEP IT

IF Mark gets out played in practice and preseason then his ass sits, no more just handing people jobs..

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Really? Because he was 3 out of 5 before this season

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by jets4lyfah
    take away Flacco's oline, rungame and defense and all you have is a human tetherball pole.

Check the stats again and see that the Jets have the third worst YPC of any team in the league this year.

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

IIRC, those were his worst non-injured season stats to date

The next season (2007) he was actually replaced by Kellen Clemens

20. Martin is the man

Please refer to the post where MarkyMark provided the numbers of the other 5 QBs "bottom 1/3" stats which I'm sure you'll be disapointed (because it proves you wrong) at the poor numbers once again:

Does this upset your argument? I bet it does! I'm not saying Mark will be an elite QB but what I'm suggesting is he has flaws which every NFL QB has. He has struggled in some areas and excelled in others. Also I would appreciate if "fans" would consider that his coach and teammates aren't playing up to par either. Holmes has made some huge drops, tips, and fumbles; His o-line has allowed him to be sacked the 3rd most in the NFL (see mine and PatsfanTX debate); and his coach doesn't allow momentum because when something is working he stops it (stop running when Green was killing it against the Pats and Giants). Mark is in his 3rd year and he's producing TDs! He still makes mistakes but those will go down with experience, if he couldn't score I'd be more concerned because that shows a lack of ability IMO.

Do me a favor put down your crack pipe!