for those complaining about our offensive line and defending golden boy Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I got the stats wrong its off the top of my head but I know he averaged 4.3 YPR that game. He had 59 pass attempts but 64 total if you count the sacks. Either way inexcusable and I would like to hear Shottys conference this week, should be interesting.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think it is 59 passes and 60+ dropbacks which would be sacks or Sanchez scrambling.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I would agree to disagree with that statement. Weak as it might be, but his diatribes have some basis - Sanchez is not immune to blames. I have seen as many times where he extended plays and made things happen, as well as the cases where he ignored what was available already, looking for something deeper, only to get sacked within a few seconds. So the frustration of the fan base is not totally unwarranted. While his BS lacks strong logical evidences, but I do not think it has any basis or value - it still has some merit.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

59 pass attempts+ 5 sacks+ 4 rushes= 68 pass plays called

5. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

And that still gives him a excuse for only have 250 yards right? You give a mediocre college qb 60 pass plays in the Nfl and he can have 250 yards. I agree shotty is a idiot but hes a idiot only for the fact that he doesn't realize Sanchez is not a good qb and just run the shit out of the football and pass only when he has to. I mean for god sakes it took the Jets 4 years to realize gholtson was a bust when fans knew it from the 1st season. Why are they so slow and imcompetent. If you look the past 2 years they limited Sanchez ability to throw and they suceeded, this year for some stupid dumb unfound reason they let the scrub throw and failed. Stick to what works morons, I hope by now you realize this kid is not a "elite" qb which you drafted him to be.

#85 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  6. laxin

laxin Active Member

The "excuses", which or more so reasons, can include lack of separation from the WR, dropped passes, incorrect routes being run, breakdown in protection, lack of a deep threat and deep routes being run, batted down passes due to the need of a check down once again because of the WR's inability to create separation... must I keep going?

This just goes in a circle because you obviously think Sanchez is the sole problem to our inability to win a SB/ have success and the bottom line is that he isnt.

7. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I want to see receivers that play like they actually give a fuck. Holmes, Burress, and Keller all suck.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I long for the day we analyse our QB to learn more about why he is so good, not why he is underachieving.

I agree there are a lot of non-Sanchez factors, but it's still a nightmare discussion to be having.

9. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

They seemed to play average- great before Sanchez got a hold of them so its more of a reflection on them or Sanchez, why do the Sanchez lovers keep acting like he was given crap to work with? Give Larry Fitgerald Ryan Leaf and he will suck to. Hell Tom Brady made Welker(a undrafted peice of crap) into one of the best receivers in the game.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Oh yea good point I just remember hearing 59 attempts I forgot to account sacks into the equation.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Larry Fitzgerald has a worse QB than Sanchez in Kolb and has played great. Welker was pretty good before he got to NE.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So I asked you. Which QB performed well under Schottenheimer's guidance? Your turn now. Or say that Pennington also sucked and Favre also sucked too. Then I will say you are at least a consistent moron.

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I agree with some points that everyone is making. A good OC will design an offense to fit his players strengths, thus making Shitty one of the worst OC's in the league. We all have to face it that Mark is playing like shit too, look at Brady, Rodgers, Manning,Big Ben and even Rivers to some degree make there wideouts better...

Nelson, Garcon, Collie, Flyod, Arijito(freakin spelling), Wallace, Brown, Welker....the list can go on and on to some degree.