Assuming that Sanchez sticks around...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Merry Christmas buddy!

Here's hoping Sanchez is the Jets starting QB for the next 10 years.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

and whos responsible for the poor completion %?

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

True, I forgot about this, There were MULTIPLE reports about Favre having plenty of fights with Shotty and that he was calling his own plays. I think Rex kept Shotty around for 1 simple fact, he was like a puppet who would listen to Rex the first 2 years with the ground and pound but I can almost guarantee you hes gone after this season after that 60+ pass game.

5. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

YPA will also be pretty poor when the only passes you throw are 5-7 yards. Simple math as well.

6. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That's all on Shotty.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There are a number of factors, but obviously Sanchez has accuracy issues.

What effects YPA more, a pass going for 5 yards or an incomplete pass going for 0 yards? The Jets haven't tried as many down field passes this year, but if you look at last year they did complete a number of them. They downgraded the receiving corps between the 20's by replacing Braylon with Plaxico.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Flacco is better. Let's not get crazy here.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Idk about that. Sanchez has played better this year (his 3rd) than Flacco has in his 4th, despite inferior running backs, offensive line, and receivers across the board. He's played substantially better in the postseason as well. Flacco may have slightly better stats during his career but I don't think the difference between the two is that big.

10. OverloadBlitz

Considering Flacco has a serious home run threat(Torrey smith) and one of the best possession/separation receivers in Anquan Boldin I'd say hes been underachieving. Lets not forget he has IMO the best workhorse back in the league in Ray rice who is an absolute beast catching passes out of the backfield as well.

11. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Lt is a great back catching out of the backfield to and Jets running game is not to shabby either, like I said Sanchez is best compared to Flacco I wouldn't have neither because both suck. Completion rate, rating, ypa, yards and completions are virtually identital so are the way the team is built. Comparing crap to crap doesn't give Sanchez any more credit.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If by "not to shabby" you mean 28th in the league in yards per carry I agree.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

excellent point about "Jamarcus" Freeman of the Buccaneers who was the possible alternative the Jets might have been saddled with had Tanny not traded up to get Mark Sanchez....

the new Jamarcus, in his third season, has brought his team down to the basement, probably got his coach fired and proved to be the "million dollar arm, 10 cent brain" guy that many of us said he would be coming into the 2009 draft

Sticking with the Sanchize

14. OverloadBlitz

Lt is awesome but come on now, hes 32 years old. Your missing the fact that the team as a WHOLE has underperformed with the exception of Revis. I think all of these players need to step up and take accountability and it starts with Sanchez, he needs to be more a leader because I haven't seen the leadership out of him these past 3 years.

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

What effects a YPA more, a pass completion for 30 yards or a completion going for 5 yards? See, it goes both ways.

Bottom line however, I think we both agree that the Jets do not have a vertical passing game whatsoever.

And to throw the blame 100% on Shotty is ridiculous.

16. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

The whole defense did its job this year the whole offense didn't. So not the whole team as the defense did his job. Greene is a 1000 yard rusher this season id take that any season out of him so he didn't underperform. Holmes, Plax and Keller all underperformed this season so you can either blame that on him or the qb who can't get em the ball.

17. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

[/QUOTE]What effects YPA more, a pass going for 5 yards or an incomplete pass going for 0 yards? The Jets haven't tried as many down field passes this year, but if you look at last year they did complete a number of them. They downgraded the receiving corps between the 20's by replacing Braylon with Plaxico.[/QUOTE]

Say you were Shotty and you have a indecisive innacurate(who can't even complete short passes) qb prone to fumbles and interceptions at your hands, would you trust him throwing the ball 30 yards even if you had Larry fitgerald at your disposale? I agree Shotty is part of the problem but to think if you stick a good Oc into the mix and all of Sanchez's problems and flaws will magicly be fixed is blatanly stupid.

18. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Not really. When he has an insane amount of time he is good. The Patriots game the pressure was all effort pressure. The sackjs mostly came not on a player being beat off the line, but because Sanchez held the ball far too long. Every QB in the league including backups can play well if they get 6-9 seconds to throw. The point is that in this league to be a good quarterback you need to know when to get the ball out, one of Sanchez's greatest flaws is that if the first read isn't there he holds the ball for way too long.

19. OverloadBlitz

You can't really say the defense has done its job tbh, we've had problems stopping then run and tackling this season which is uncharacteristic of a Ryan defense. Lack of pass rush has really killed us this season forcing DB's to cover too long. I think what makes a good OC is knowing the strengths of your personnel and building a system around the strengths while masking the weaknesses and I don't see Shotty ever do this.

20. Martin is the man

I wrote this yesterday while shit talking my idiot friends who said the same idiotic shit you morons are saying. Hope you enjoy it! And may I say I've never been more disappointed to be a Jets fan and it's not even because of the poor play of the Jets but of the fair weather fans jumping ship. Pathetic!

1) 3,244 yards, 24 pass td, 18 int, 0 rush td; 2) 218 yards, 1 td, 0 int, 0 rush td; 3) 3,764 yards 28 td, 14 int, 1 rush td; 4) 3153 yards, 18 td, 24 int, 2 rush td; 5) 2,108 yards, 11 td, 15 int, 0 rush td

You know what these five stats are? They’re (1)Eli manning, (2)Aaron Rodgers, (3)Tom Brady, (4)Ben Rapelisberger, (5)Drew Brees stats respectively in their 3rd year in the NFL. Mark Sanchez’s stats in his 3rd season are 3,267 yard 24 pass td, 15 int, 6 rush (and keep in mind he has one game to go).

Based off stats alone I’d say Mark is more progressed then all five at this time in his career and all 5 of these guys won super bowls. Currently Mark is 5th in the NFL in total tds and he has turned the Jets into one of the most (if not the most)effective red zone offensives this year.

I recognize that you’ll try to say stats don’t mean shit if you don’t win, well what if I told you Mark has the best playoff record the past two season then any other NFL QB. Does this hurt your point? I’d say so. Mark had a bad game and isn’t Aaron Rodgers but guess what there’s only one Aaron Rodgers. The fact of the matter is he is a good NFL QB who’s progressing as he should, he must cut down on mistakes before he can be considered great but to say he needs to be replaced is not only ignorant but it’s down right idiotic.

Stats and wins prove that Mark is a good QB. I blame his flaws on Shotty. The Giants couldn’t stop Green why would you ever stop running the ball? Because Shotty is an idiot. You slow a pass rush with a strong running game, which they stupidly abandon.

Hope this helps to shut some of you Morons up, but I doubt it.

#120 Martin is the man, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011