Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Unfortunately I think this is all true. And who ISN'T crying in the GTDs lately... aside from visiting trolls!?

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The Jets were not eliminated at game time. In fact, the Jags had a 7-0 lead over the Ravens early in the 1st quarter of their game (a ravens loss + jets win would have gotten us a wildcard, and both games started at the same time). It was not until the Ravens started to blow out the Jags later in that game that the Jets were clearly out of it.

The Patriots defeated the Bills at 1pm. The Jets played at 4pm, still alive, with the Jags playing the Ravens also at 4pm.

My gut says Sanchez stays around, but I will guarantee that Schotty doesn't return next season unless this team does a complete 180 on offense, makes the playoffs, and wins a few playoff games in the process. After such a disappointing season, firing Schotty is the least this franchise can do.

#282 RobA, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

If we happen to beat the phins at 1, and the Texans wind up beating the Titans, I can't deny that I will be sweating out the Oak vs SD, DEN vs KC and BAL vs CIN at 4pm. If the Texans take care of business and we win our chances jump dramatically

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS. Get it, and see what happens.

Look at Seattle last year. They got in, beat the Saints. I think our 09 campaign is a sign of what just getting there can bring. Also the Packers last year.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up RobA. The Ravens going up big probably made it seems like we had no shot like you said.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this is the jets we are talking about - they will beat the phins and then they will find a new way to break our hearts by the texans losing to the titans.

7. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Believe me when I tell you, the Fish will be out for blood. They would love nothing more then to sent the Jets home for the playoffs.

If you saw what they did to Brady last week, you would not be putting any money on the Green this week. An I assure you, Sanchez is not Brady hell he not even a Moore this year...

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yes but the SOJs love to screw us over - a normal team would just lose but the jets will win to give us an inkling that we are going to get through only to then get knocked out in some other way.

9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Sure it's possible but the Dolphins have been playing for nothing but pride for the last 5 weeks and actually playing pretty well. The Jets on the other hand have had their destiny in their hands how many times in the last 5 weeks and came up short how many times?

I think if the Jets can get up on top of the Dolphins quickly with a sizable lead they could pack it in but if you let them hang around they could easily surprise.

The Dolphins are no pushover.

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

it amuses me that Pats fans are so nervous about the Jets that they survey Jets forum trying to assess our chance at the playoffs

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm so afraid of the Jets I made a thread saying they still have a good chance to make the playoffs.

The truth is, I'd love nothing more than the Jets coming into Foxboro the 2nd week of the playoffs. I still have a bitter taste from the Jets handing it to the Pats last year, and would welcome a rematch.

12. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

It's beyond me why this would have to be explained to anyone!
    Of course we want the Jets to make it AND win a playoff game, fear has nothing to do with it. It's about REVENGE and REDEMPTION. :beer:

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm sure it would feel great for the Patriots to beat up on a much lesser Jets team than the one that stomped them in Foxboro last January, but you probably won't have the opportunity.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

From what ive heard, the Texans are going to play to beat the Titans because they want the Bengals. And on top of that, their team has been very suspect and want to carry momentum into the playoffs. The Chiefs and Chargers both are playing to win to, especially Kyle Orton wanting revenge on the Broncos for cutting him. That would funny if Orton ends the Broncos season.

All we can do is hope for the best. The Titans and Jets game are at the same time, so by 4:00 we will know if we are alive or not. If we are alive, those 4:00 games will be brutal to watch knowing our seasons on the line (Bengals, Raiders, Broncos) all play at 4:00

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I will not disappoint if the first 2 are true.

16. CTOH revis island

CTOH revis island New Member

personally im more worried about us beating the fins than anything else because all the teams that we need to win could do so its just the fins have been actually playing well lately and did give the pats a game at their place

overall its a strech but i think its possible but will it happen not likely I just hope we at least beat the fins and give it a shot

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we are not going to beat the fins! ask the giants, eagles, pats, ravens and raiders which team they would rather play and they will pick the jets. with sanchez, shotty, and our o-line we are more beatable. not to mention olbs and safeties that can't tackle.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd fancy us against TJ Yates in Houston. That sets up a Patriots rematch. Could be tough to swallow a loss there, but would we really be going in feeling worse than we were last year?

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The Titans will fuck everything up. We can start looking forward to the Draft on New Years Day evening.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls