Tannenbaum's under the radar major mistakes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

When the accountant who makes believe that he is a GM was courting Aso this summer he asked both Bart Scott and Calvin Pace to take a lousy $1MM cut in order to guarantee the rest of their contracts making them uncutable.

For $2MM in a year we are over 8MM below the cap we are now stuck with two guys who truly should be replaced.

In addition, he never went out and got himself a true football guy to help judge talent the way both the Ravens and Steelers and now the Packers do. Both of those teams surround ther GM with guys that can spot talent and are able to tell who peaked and who is just becoming a player and may get better at the next level with some coaching.

The Packers have on their practice squad the ideal wide receiver Tori Gurley who should have been signed weeks ago while Patrick Turner was let go and watch next year when this kid becomes a stud and we could have had him for nothing.

Also, don't tell me that some team is not hiding a tight end that is better than Mulligan or a right tackle that is better than Hunter.

Tanny never finds the "diamond in the rough" type of players that all good team must find in order to build a team. The Giants find guys like Cruz and Ballard and we draft a guy because he was a college friend of Mark Sanchez and waste a pick even though we know that Scott McKnight would have been available as a free agent.

I have been a die hard fan for over 40 years but I have no confidence in a GM who extends a cancer like Shottenheimer and has no clue how to judge talent.

Woody, wake up and run the team like a business and if you like brown nosing Tanny, make him your team president but go out and get a football guy to be your GM.

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

after yesterdays game i can't disagree with you that shotty sucks, but he's not the cancer. the true cancer on this team is holmes who theu his team mates under the bus, then went on to have a not so great season.

holmes is the real tool on this team for $10 million a season!

3. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Anyone who would draft Kyle Wilson & Vlad Ducasse
    that high deserves to be canned...

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kyle Wilson's been great this year, ducasse fucking sucks

5. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Tanny just has not been able to evaluate talent well. He has not found anyone really good late in drafts, and besides Maybin he hasn't taken anyone that turned out good for the Jets off other practice squads or undrafted FA's. Tanny has made a number of early round draft mistakes (Clemens, Gholston, Vlad). He just seems to miss on these hit or miss prospects where they either will turn out to be amazing or horrible(Gholston and Vlad). If you look at the Giants, they certainly had an eye for talent drafting JPP. He could have been a huge bust, but he is one of the best DE's in the league. I agree that you also don't see many guys like Victor Cruz or Ballard on the Jets. The Jets have been horrible with drafting though since 2000. Robertson, Miller, Nugent, Hobson, Vlad, Gholston. The Jets just don't draft well.

6. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

My flaws with tanny

1. Drafted 2 busts 2 years in a row with our top 5 picks. Tell me one other Gm that has done that?
    2. Let Kerry Rhodes walk and replaced him with crap
    3. Still wont fire Shotty after all this time?(biggest problem)
    4. Is not loyal to players who play their ass off, a few come to mind(Thomas Jones, Faneca,Leon Washington)
    5.Gave to much money to Holmes and Cro, they are very good but have done nothing in their careers to justify their contracts

7. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Schlegel, Kenrick Ellis, Jon McGraw... the list goes on. 2006 and 2007 are the only good drafts of the last 10 years, the rest are average, or below average... or just downright terrible.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Everything you say is just awful.

2 bust two years in a row? First off Sanchez was top 5 but I'd hardly call him a bust. Then who KW or Wilkerson who have both played well? Gholston was not Tanny's pick. That one falls on Mangini.

Kerry Rhodes was hated by the team and even got into a fight with your so called hard working Thomas Jones. The team hated him and called him sherry. He refused to hit and did not fit the team at all. So we cut ties and got a 5th round pick. It was a move everyone here on the board wanted.

Faneca was awful in pass protection his last year here. Everyone wanted him gone. Thomas Jones was another one people wanted gone as he was seen as a product of the O line. Once he left he has done very little. Leon Washington has also done very little and was coming off a broken leg.

Holmes and Cro have done nothing in their careers? Holmes is very talented there is no denying that not to mention the fact that he is a superbowl mvp. Cromartie had one of the best seasons a corner has ever had in his career in SD. He has also played well seeing as how we have 0 pass rush.

Our team has its issues and Tanny has made mistakes and some how you managed to not bring up any of them.

9. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Kyle Wilson isn't a bust idiot

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

1) Gholston was surely a bust, but wasn't his pick (it was Manginis). Even if you aren't a Sanchez fan, I don't think any rational person would call him a bust. A bust is someone who does next to NOTHING in the NFL compared to where he was drafted. Gholston did NOTHING. Sanchez has at least accomplished shit in this league.
    2) I don't recall a single Jet fan complaining about trading Kerry Rhodes (we didn't let him walk)
    3) Pretty sure Woody determines who gets fired in this organization.
    4) A GM should NEVER be loyal to its players. Its part of the business. He needs to separate friendship from business in this regard.
    5) Holmes and Cro were paid at the appropriate market values for what they've provided throughout their careers. Wouldn't say they are overpaid or underpaid.

Tanny has his faults (like all GMs) but NONE of what you wrote made any sense.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tanny drafted Gholston and Sanchez. One was a bust because he didn't have desire and Mark has been hampered by the idiot running the offense.

So we cut Gholston.

Now we cut Brian and give Mark a chance.

That's what needs to happen.

12. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Tanny drafted Gholston and then as soon as his friend of 15 years was fired, Mangini, he threw him under the bus and said that Gholston was Mangini's pick.

That right there tells you all you need to know about the punk that he is.

There are some things that men do and some things that punks do and they are easy to separate.

It is a good thing that Mangini was his friend for so long.

also, please guys don't forget the Scott McKnight move, there are four guys that were drafted after McKinght that are decent starters and we did that to appease Sanchez when everyone knew the guy was going to be an UDFA. A strong front office never gives away a draft pick. NEVER.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I regret signing Holmes. I screamed all "offseason" that we should resign Edwards first, then Holmes. Our offense was fine without Holmes the first 23 games Sanchez played in. Since Holmes came in our offense has just been odd. I dont blame Holmes, I blame the OC for not utilizing him right.

On the bright side though, Edwards should come cheap this offseason, so hopefully we can bring the band back together. (Sorry but Burress will have to go). No deep threat has killed us, I love the #1 redzone but having no deep threat makes our offense way to predictable and easy to defend.

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Tell me you're not really complaining about a 7th round pick.

There are 5th-7th rounders in the NFL who don't make their teams as rookies EVERY YEAR.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Theres no reason we can't keep Burress and get Edwards. Edwards is the far superior receiver but Plax has helped a lot in the red zone. Also making him the number 3 could make more room for him in the middle of the field.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You forgot signing Darrelle Revis to a contract off of his holdout that almost guarantees he'll hold out again. The Jets are going to have to trade Revis next time he goes out and it's going to be an ugly process.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We could bring them both back, Edwards is going to be REALLY cheap. Like 2 million $ cheap I think.

Burress I dont think is much wanted either. But first id rather have a right tackle and a safety. This team isnt far from being great. Its just that our problems have problems that can REALLY expose a team. Having a bad RB, doesnt kill you. But having a weak line will kill you.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This team is very far from being a great team. They're not far from being a team that could go 12-4 and grab a 2 seed with some luck but that'd be a one season wonder like 1998.

To get to 12-4 and a quick snatch at a ring they'd just need to bring in a Damien Woody quality RT and a good veteran LG and hope Brandon Moore didn't get old on them at the same time.

They wouldn't even have to fix the defense, just get the offense to the point it could control the clock and score more consistently.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Wilson's the great

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

all i know is that yesterday, the giants got a lot of mileage out of cruz, who was an undrafted free agent signing by reese. meanwhile, cruz was a teammate of tanny's 2nd round draft choice who has yet to play on the off. line and is still labeled a ' project' by some and a 'bust' by others.

as for sanchez, i saw the colts field a free agent qb on thursday , and the fins go with matt moore who both look much better than sanchez.

i say that woody should bring in a football guy to run the team, whether it's tuna, wolff, or casserly. off coord and qb coaches are also needed- dabold, turner, someone from the gb staff, or someone from houston/washington branch ( shanahan) of the west coach tree. you see the eagles and redskins giving the giants defense fits.

if you wanted to pull sanchez saturday, you had nobody else dressed who can play. bring in an orlovsky/moore/ wallace/ webb guy who can be a credible backup.
    an oc like dennis green, dabold, sherman , would be an improvement over shotty/cavanaugh.

#20 mr nyjet, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011