Our future is in the hands of the Ravens, Texans and Chiefs/Chargers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Yeah, right, I'm sure everything will break our way next week so the Jets can be one and done in the playoffs. Not really.

When does Yankees camp open? I'm counting the minutes.

2. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

The Raiders get the Chargers in Oakland. The Chargers are an awful road team this year (2-5 team). The Jets would much rather be playing the Chargers in New York than the Dolphins in Miami.

And yes, I think the Jets would rather be facing the Texans than the Dolphins. The Texans have been resilient, but they're still not a world-beater with their TJ Yates instead of Matt Schaub.

The Jets' playoff hopes are absolutely a long-shot right now. They're only arguably a favorite in their own game (it's absolutely an open question which team is playing better right now--the Dolphins or Jets--and the game is in Miami) and while the Bengals, Titans and either the Broncos or Raiders could quite easily lose, having ALL of those things happen is unlikely. That's the reason parlay bets are not easy money.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I truly hope that everything goes against this team next week....Fucking losers.

4. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

The only vision I have in my head from my seats in the end zone was Cruz running away from me down the field with the Jets' season. I'm going to relive that nightmare until next September. That 99-yard play was a dagger into the heart of the Jets and their fans. If you are a Jet fan and you were not in the stadium today, I can't tell you what that stunned feeling was like while standing in the midst of celebrating Giants fans. Utter humiliation.

5. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Even if we made it we would be dumptrucked by the Pats, ravens or steelers. :sad:

6. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I didn't attend but i had that same sinking feeling.:sad:

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah that play killed us. We stop the Giants right their, we get the ball back, maybe block the punt, go into halftime up 10-3 or 14-3 and get the ball to start the 2nd half. That play ruined everything, same crap happened to the Eagles....

8. patfanken

patfanken Banned

No, you are right. The Dolphins aren't in the same class as the Texans. Ravens and Chargers....well maybe the Chargers. But AT THIS POINT OF THE SEASON, they are playing a lot better than the Jets. They have a better RB than the Jets. They have WRs than the Jets. They have a QB who is playing better than Sanchez.

I was very impressed with Moore today. He made a lot of tough passes into tight places. Plus the Dophin defense is playing very well right now. They completely shut down the Pats offense for the first half like no one else has.

Bottom line here - don't be wprried about all the scenarios where the Jets can make it into the playoffs. Ain't gonna happen. I'll be very surprised if you manage to beat the Dolphins, let alone have all the right teams lose.

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

And you are gay.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Heres another factor, Kyle Orton returns to Denver seeking revenge on the Broncos and Tim Tebow.

Titans needa lose, so it can make these 4:00 games hella interesting.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

on the bright side A.Johnson WILL play on Sunday for the Texans.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Moore was good w/Carolina but never got a fair shake after he struggled in a few games. (I had him as a b/u in fantasy.) I thought he looked good.

Truth is, everything will fall perfectly into place next week.....

...and then we'll lose.. :rofl2:

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

excuse me?

14. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I think the Ravens will kick the crap out of the Bengals vying for the 1 or 2 seed and either the Broncos or Raiders will lose. I don't know if I see the Texans winning against the Titans though. I think everything else is plausible save that; oooo and we have to win too...

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Funny hows are ends when theirs begins at least something to think about not football related

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with whether they are playing better than the jets it has to do with whether they are the worst of the bunch of opponents that are playing in the games that are relevant. the jets have to play somebody and it is better that who they are playing is a worse team than the teams they need to lose are playing.

17. patfanken

patfanken Banned

I don't disagree, JB, my point was that there aren't more than a half dozen teams that are playing better than the Dolphins are at this point of the season. That there are teams with winning records that you'd rather play that the Dolphins. BOTTOM LINE, they are not the same team you saw early in the season. They are much better....at least IMHO.

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

It's all moot if the Jets lose to the Dolphins. That's far from a cream puff game at this point.

19. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

NY Jets beating the Dolphins = 50% chance

Ravens beating the Bengals = 80% chance since the Ravens will be playing for 1st round bye.

Texans beating the Titans = 20% chance ... Texans have nothing to play for, already locked into the 3rd seed.

Broncos beating the Chiefs = 50% chance ... Kyle Orton is playing good football.

Chargers beating the Raiders = 70% chance ... Chargers will be playing spoilers.

NY Jets making the playoffs? PRICELESS. lol jk. Doubt they'll get in. We don't deserve it. But if we do make it in, we can beat the Texans which means playing New England..

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

You do realize the Phins shut out the Pats for an entire half?

If they can pressure Brady like that with sacks and forcing him to throw way early, what do you think the Phins defense will do to Sanchez?