CAN'T WAIT for Rex's presser

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kingfish, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

FYI, we didnt really give anything for said useless fucking QB

2. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Brandon Jacobs looks like he took a step back in evolution. A freakin neanderthal.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That would be a step back AND a change of species...

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Sanchez is being an absolute worm in his presser. He's throwing everyone under the bus.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^

This x 1000

Not sure why Rex doesn't get more heat for allowing the incompetence to continue.

6. KWJetsFan

Seriously?

That would seem out of character.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

Well, I don't usually watch these things, but he called out like 3 guys then immediately backpedaled with some meaningless platitudes. I don't know if this is his standard MO.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He usually blames everything on himself for not doing something and usually says other people made plays and made good playcalls when we win.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It may be time to stop listening to Rex's pressers as we all know its nothing but hot air and a waste of time. You'll get the usual statements sprinkled in with a joke before a big game loss and then a mea culpa afterwards along with the usual platitudes for his underacheiving bunch.

10. MyFavoriteMartin

MyFavoriteMartin New Member

Here's something I don't get about Rex. A typical mid-week press conference before a big game goes like this: He loves to talk up the team like they're great, and then he follows that up usually by saying "if we don't win, then all the blame should fall on me." And he says that so nonchalantly, as if he's totally ok with being fired someday after losing a game like this. Anyone get what I'm saying/get the same impression? It's so strange.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This.

This is the first time after watching a Rex presser where I actually realize that it's the same old song-and-dance with him. Just insert a different Head Coach, QB, and star player of the game, where he compliments them all and then he puts the blame on his shoulder.

I still have love for Rex as a coach, but things just aren't looking good for this team.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

His brand of bullshit only works when the team wins.

Another season or two of this nonsense and he'll be a position coach in Jacksonville.

13. KWJetsFan

It will only take one more year. I hope the Jets win the SB next year, but if they somehow miss the playoffs this year and next year, I would think even big Rex supporters will sour on him fast especially due to his mouth.

14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I think Rex would be a very successful used car salesman. Look at the piece of crap he sold to his gullible sunshiner fans this season. This charlatan will say anything to separate you from your hard earned money. The joke is on you for buying his bullshit.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

agreed! His act is wearing thin. Woody is a classy guy. he will not tolerate REX for the long haul if he keeps up this garbage.

16. 3rdAnd15Draw

Ryan's bluster is an act to keep the absolutely clueless sports media focused on him rather than the incompetent fools he employs on the coaching staff or the bums he puts out on the field. I'm sure said fools and bums appreciate it but as a fan its annoying to only hear about "Rex's big mouth" rather than the myriad actual problems the team faces. And for the members of the press it should just be embarrassing.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I don't know what planet you have been on for the past half of a century, or perhaps you are a converted Cowboys or 49ers fan, but the Jets have not been a top tier franchise.

Not only is Rex putting up winning records in his first three seasons, made the playoffs in his first two (possibly his third), and the AFC championship game in his first two, knocking off a heated divisional rival in the NE Pat's to get there, but he has made the Jets relevant.

Stop acting like the media and making this situation to be more than it is. We as fans should be happy that the Jets are even in the conversation this late in the year, based off of our history before Rex arrived.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed... Rex has faults but c'mon, he led us to 2 AFC championships!

19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

A little perspective. First three years with a developing QB, for a franchise that has been the punch line in NYC for its entire history, and many years in the AFC East.

Some people expected the moon. Good thing they aren't Detroit or TB fans.

20. tfineZ

tfineZ Member

So by peoples logic the Steelers shoudlve fired Bill Cowher after the 6-10 season in 2003....This is why the Jets have sucked so bad for years...lack of continuity....we wanna run everyone outta town the moment things fall apart...this loss was a blessing we can finally get rid of schitty and bring in new talent on offense....A coach in his third year after taking us to 2 AFC championship game suddenly doesant know what hes doing and he should be gone lol. Wed have a different coach every year if it was up to the fans..