CodeGreens Holiday Draft Wish List

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Dec 21, 2011.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This isnt a big board or rankings, just ten plays who I think would be good in Green and white.

1. Trent Richardson RB, Alabama
    When Richardson was still in high school I remember watching his tape and on the third play, I knew this guy was gonna kill people in college. He is an absolute beast and he is exceptional at every part of his game (even blocking). I think that since we have some extra picks this year, the Jets should at least consider trading up for him. This isnt anything against Greene, McKnight, or Powell but I think if the Jets want to be a dominant run team we need a feature back. I know running back is one of our last priorities but if Richardson is available (which I seriously doubt) the Jets should take him.

2. Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma
    I think that Broyles is a legitimate number two in the league. He isn’t the fastest guy but he is probably one of the most competitive players in the country. You don’t get that many receptions without being extremely competitive and having great hands. I know some guys would opt for a bigger guy, but I think Broyles would still do wonders for our offense

3. Brandon Jenkins DE, Florida State
    Jenkins skill set is almost perfect for a 3-4 outside linebacker. He is still needs to be finished a bit. What I like about Jenkins compared to other prospects is that he is still a very heads up player who possesses intangibles that are translatable to linebacker. Yet Jenkins best skill set is his pass rush which the Jets need badly.

4. Morris Claiborne CB, LSU
    Pretty simple, best corner in the class one of the most technically sound corners in the country with equally good athletic tools

5. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
    Jeffery's stock has fallen off mainly due to bad QB play. McShay had him mocked to the Jets in the first round, though I dont see how that happens. He is big, and is a competitive guy who knows how to use his frame in both passing and rushing situations.

6. Trumaine Johnson CB, Montana
    I think it goes without saying that our safety play this year has been bad. Also our corners lack are all on the smaller side (though most corners are south of 6’2”). Johnson is a freaky athlete who needs some work but I think he could be a valuable tool when it comes to covering TE’s and larger receivers.

7. Chase Minnifield CB, Virginia
    He is playing corner now but I think his long term future is at safety, mainly because he doesn’t have great straight line speed. Otherwise he still has room to grow and he has great instincts.

8. Ben Jones C, Georgia
    I think the Nick Mangold injury experience showed that we could use some depth at center. Jones is a big nasty dude who could probably fill in at guard should we need him.

9. Vontaze Burficit, LB Arizona State
    Burficit is probably the badest dude in college football. He is a physical specimen. I think he can play inside or outside and has the physical abilities to run with guys in coverage. My only concern is that if he is to play outside linebacker, he wouldn’t necessarily solve the Jets pass rush problem. Not to say he can’t rush the passer, I just don’t know if he is capable of posting double digit sack figures.

10. Cam Johnson DE, Virginia
    Not really sure what his role would be in our defense. He is kind of small to play as an end but a little big for a linebacker. The good news is he is played a bit of 3-4 linebackers in college so he has some experience there. His game is a pretty solid balance of technique and simple physical ability. He has been consistent performer throughout his college career. It’s hard to tell his upside but worst case scenario he is Paces eventual replacement.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

So you think three cornerbacks and a center would look good in green and white?

On another note the Jets don't need a complimentary reciever to Tone, they need a #1 who scares defenses. Broyles does not do this. I see Broyles being a Cotchery type player with upside of Holmes, which doesn't help us in the least bit

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Yes, these are just ten players who I think the Jets would benefit from I'm not saying that they all fill our needs.

I agree that Broyles will not scare defenses, but teams will have to account for him when game planning against the Jets, he has good field vision for a wideout and while he isnt a burner he can still be a play maker on the next level