NFL.com - Ryan's false bravado act harms Jets more than it helps

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-harms-jets-more-than-it-helps?module=HP11_cp

There are some elements of truth in this article, but it's by Lombardi. So fuck him.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Before I read I gotta say Lombardi has a thing for Rex Ryan. I remember last year on NFL Network, he looked like a generic spoiled kid with an attitude almost to the point of rolling his eyes as he talked about Rex Ryan. He even went as far as to mention his weight.

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but if we miss this year the clock is ticking on Rex...his bravado will kill him in this media market

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Don't know what coach with a decent team doesn't preach Superbowl. God forbid nothing was private or everyone would be similar to Rex.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mike Lombardi has always been a Raiders company man and has fittingly always reported on the Jets with a negative slant. He can suck my dick, but he'll have to board a rocket to get to it's tip.

6. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Playoffs or not this year Rex better be here for another several years. I hope we don't run him out town because of stupid crap like this article.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Not to mention, a Belichick man.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Rex isnt going anywhere. He has been the best for the Jets in a long time.

9. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

the thing that bothers me most about RR team this year, other than lack of talent were it counts, is lack of discipline......and that is 100% on rex

10. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Rex is here to stay for a while for so many reasons. It would take 2-3 disaster years of 4-5 wins or something off the field related for Tanny and Woody to consider a change. Rex isnt going anywhere anytime soon nor should he. He is only in his third year and could arguably be the best coach this franchise has ever seen.

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Yeah, I remember how much better things were before Ryan came in here and ruined it all.

12. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I really hope your right. I'd hate for us to push him out and he goes and wins a Superbowl elsewhere. I want him to be our Bill Cowher. He completely changed this organizations mindset, brought us 1 game short of the SB 2 years in a row with a rookie QB and turned our mediocre defense into a top 10 defense 3 years running by adding just 2 players.

13. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Rex did say we were going to win the Super Bowl but other than that his words are more of what he has come here to do, what the teams goals are, and what he believes this team can be not guarantees. Most media personalities who don't like Rex take it out of context. The other day Rex said he came here to take over the league. He didn't say he has taken over the league he said he came here to do that. Next thing you know Francessa is saying "Rex how did you take over the league your 8-6" when Rex actually said in his next line that he hasn't done that yet. It's the same thing when Eli Manning was asked do you think your Elite and he said yes. What is he supposed to say? No?

Rex has a positive outlook on things, he believes in himself, his coaches, and his players. Everything he says mimics that. Rex will tell you when his team stinks but then get asked do you think your team can be great he says yes. People will hate him and attack him because of this confidence so who cares. The more he talks it seems the better the team plays so keep talking and backing it up. We all know the headlines next August will be " Rex thinks this is the best jet team ever and this is the year they win the super bowl"... so what?.. I wouldn't want it any other way.

14. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I know. I hate seeing the Jets in the AFCCG every year. It used to be so much better being out of it by Halloween.

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

but just who could the jets get as head coach thats better than rex? there's only one coach better and he's GM/coach to the north of us.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Rex ain't never said nothing that wasn't true. I love the fact he's putting the big blue BALLZ and tom coughlin in their place

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There you go. The idea that there is even the slightest evidence to suggest that Ryan's act (and I don't doubt that parts of it are an act) has hurt the Jets is moronic.

Anyone who thought that this was more than a 10 or 11 win team right from the start of the season was fooling themselves, and while Ryan might deserve blame for not recognizing some of his team's weaknesses and dealing with them up front, that has nothing to do with his bravado.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think Michael Lombradi guaranteed we 'd win the division after the Buffalo game. he's one of the worst "experts" out there.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I can't believe you're serious. This is the first time any writer I haev sen has called a spade a spade.

There is no accountability on this team, at least not publicly. All you see is Rex say "a win is a win" after slim, ugly victories over teams that contenders should dominate. You see Sanchez come to the podium week after week saying "we need to get better"....no shit Sherlock!

The Jets need to get real. They are not the team they say they are going to be. After a while, when the same deficiencies are apparent week after week, you have to accept that this is who the team is. In 2011, we know now, after 14 games, who the Jets are. They're not a Super Bowl team and it is hard to call them a playoff contender.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how have the Jets done under Ryna in 3 years? obviously it has worked. Do you really think behind the scenes he's slapping players 5 and saying good job when they suck? Publicly he backs his players and his players love him for it, provately he gets on them. If he wasn't we wouldn't have had any success under him.