Wayne Hunter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It is only matter of time before Sanchez turns into David Carr Redux, if Jets do not address the OL.

And while Hunter was a hot fucking garbage, do not overlook the other hot fucking garbage on the other side (that happens to be Slauson - I have been telling you people all the fucking time - Slauson is but a backup material, just like Hunter.)

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Do you think people considered Damien Woody a 'quality level' RT before we got him?

Spare me. Most people thought him a stop gap. And he was an effective one. What the layman knows is worthless.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Slauson has the job because he has ties with the OL coach, nothing more and nothing less. Based on his performance last season the Jets would have replaced him this year if Callahan wasn't the unit coach. 6th round picks don't usually get do-overs.

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

How do you not get a starting caliber RT in the offseason for a team that you're claiming will win the Super Bowl? Wayne Hunter would be lucky to find a job in the CFL.

Schotty sucks, too. Greene is ripping off big gainers up the gut on the opening drive, and you immediately abandon the run in favor of your "slants all day" offense?

The game was long gone by then, but the pick that bounced off Holmes' (?) helmet on the slant late in the 3rd Quarter (?) was such a joke. The DB was sitting on the slant pattern the whole way.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The answers are actually simple:

Wayne Hunter played for a contract in January and got one. He fooled the FO, and it was a great magic act. He played well enough in the playoffs to warrant a contract. It was an easy move for a RT who knows the system and looked like he turned the corner to start in this league. Little did we know we was playing for job security. I honestly think at this point you cut him and look for a FA RT similar to Damien Woody. He officially sucks.

Schotty had the right game plan initially, but when your top WR hands the opposition 14 pts in 3 possessions your gameplan is fucked. And then when you're ready to slow the game down and return to a balanced attack at 14-0, the offense has another fuck up and fumbles the ball in the red zone. 21-0. Your offensive game plan is now officially gone. You have to pass to get back in this game. But wait, there's more - Wayne Hunter has officially cut the QBs clock in half on every passing down, because he can't block a 5 year old. Now Sanchez has happy feet and can't see the whole field.

Should Wayne Hunter get help? Yes, that is on Schotty for leaving him on an island for most of the game. That's outright stupid.

But the issues in this game were purely on the offensive players handing the ball over to the Eagles on a consistent basis. The snowball effect happened, and the game was over at halftime. There was no comeback, because the RZ offense faltered due to horrific OL play.

When this team plays mistake free, they look like they deserve the 6th seed in the playoffs. But this season, they are no better than that. There are 4 positions with major overhauls needed, and RT is priority #1.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, but he has been so putrid this year that he may have trouble getting a legit chance to make a roster next year. Also, he is not a young player. His future is all washed up.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I remember opening my brandy-new copy of Madden 2005, trying out my new Jets team, wondering why Chad Pennington's throwing power was still pegged at 12, and also wondering why this turd Jonathan Goodwin was still third on the depth chart at center after his 3rd year. His throwing power was also 12, I think.

Fast forward to 2009, and Jonathan Goodwin is starting center for the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints.

That's not to say that Hunter will ever be more than a turd, because he was actually drafted only a year after Goodwin, but there are some linemen that wait until their football twilight years before letting that switch flip. And becoming average, at least.

Some coach somewhere will find a use for him, even if it is as a 3rd tight end in jumbo sets. Hopefully it is not in a Jets uniform, because I really cannot stand to see him on the field anymore.

8. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

This really pisses me off, I kept wondering what his problem was, it made no sense, because really, he was pretty solid in the playoffs last year. Then he just becomes shit. It isn't luck, he wen't up against quality players and did well. The fact that he doesn't give a shit is ridiculous. Why would someone play their ass off and realize they can compete and be a good player and not wan't to, it isn't logical and he'll get his ass cut because of it.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Eh, I give Slauson a pass because he apparently broke or bruised a few ribs in the 1st quarter of the Philly. He hasn't been stellar this year but hasn't been terrible either.

10. avrus

avrus New Member

Did anyone watch the Steelers game last night? If we had that sort of offensive line protection Sanchez would be beating Roethlisberger in completions and yardage this year. By a long shot.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That makes no sense, if the Jets that the Steelers O-line we saw last night Sanchez would be in the intensive care unit with internal bleeding, fractures throughout his body, and a permanent concussion

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wow you a way, way, way over estimating Hunter he may be able to be a backup for a Pop Warner team. Slauson at least could be a backup :sad:

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very well said. When our "so called" game changers give the opposition 21 points there isn't a thing we can do but get pissed off. I will only add to your excellent response that as a team it is time to stop talking BS off the field and show how bad we want it on the field. Enough of the cheap talk

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But they haven't talked shit since the preseason.

I think its time to go back to it. Might re-focus them.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The weird thing is when they played Baltimore the same OL turned in a totally horrendous performance and Smith was sacked something like 9 times.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Hate being a darksider, but Giants D-line is going to crush the Jets O-line.

Hunter can't block Babin?

3 stop drop, screens and run the football. I am not excited about this game.

Bah hummbug!

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Slauson is fine.

You guys don't realize just how awful Hunter has made this line just by himself.

18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It would have been easier to just say Wayne Hunter = Garbage... same can be said for Slauson.

19. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

qft........filler

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rexy sez this about Wayne Hunter:

Player's Coach to the end..