Week 16 Giants @ Jets discussion.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I'm scared what JPP will do to Hunter..

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Actually, either team can get in even if they lose next week. There are several threads about this with respect to the Jets, and the Giants get in with a loss if Philly beats Dallas next week, the Giants beat Dallas in week 17, and Washington beats Philly in week 17.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Just employ some blocking schemes that don't leave Hunter one on one with Pierre-Paul.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Technically it is not an elimination game, but you know what I mean.

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I think the key difference here is that the Giants dont run the ball well. We were scared to death of Vick and McCoy and it showed. The Giants have more of a traditional passing game where the receivers are the focus. I think with Revis on Nicks, Cro on Manningham, and Kyle on Cruz we will be able to limit them. Let the others focus on Balad or whatever his name is. I think the D will play much better this game.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

JPP will pull Hunter's pants down and anally violate him on the 50 yard-line in front of 80,000 fans.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this!

why cant the coaching staff realize this?!?!?!

8. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Gonna be a cranky Xmas for one set of NY fans. Its been over a decade since the Jets ruined Xmas eve with the help of Vinny and Jermaine Lewis, lets hope this Xmas eve is a happy one.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

While I said all week that I didn't like the Eagles matchup, the Giants are actually a very good matchup for the Jets, other then Pierre-Paul. I think Ballard is hurt and without a TE who scares ya, the Jets really only need to contain Nicks, Cruz and Manningham. Revis is a good matchup on Nicks and Cromartie can do the job on Cruz. Eli isn't a runner, which obviously gave the Jets problems with Vick. And on offense, if the Jets can just do a decent job on Pierre-Paul, they should be able to exploit the Giants linebackers and secondary.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This says it all, Pierre-Paul and Tuck will be all over him Saturday, it would not surprise me if Sanchez he finally gets hurt.

Then BS will have yet another excuse for an extension through 2014 because the offense was finally turning around and MS got hurt.

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

100% agree. We can limit the wide receivers. I would let Wilson cover Cruz and Cro on Manningham. Think our DB's match up really well. Giants dont have a good run game so we hopefully can force manning to make some mistakes.

On the offensive side Pierre Paul does scare me as does even a hurt Justin Tuck but we should get the ground game going as long as we dont fall behind by 28 in the first quarter like last week. If we fall behind and are forced to throw all day again. Sanchez will take another beating.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

This is why we wont win:

1) brian shottenheimer wont gameplan to give help on hunter vs JPP or Osi, and once they start dominating him in the game, shotty wont do anything to adjust. kinda of like yestarday, liek vs the pats, like vs the cowboys, like vs the ravens or any other time hunter was getting abused this year.

2) We are suceptable to the outside sweeping runs, which the giants do somewhat often

3) giants cant protect eli, and he will test us downfield over the middle, where we get gashed.

i see this getting ugly. not like philly, but it wont be close. we lose somthing liek 35-9

13. jerseyjay14

you realize who our OC is right???

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Giants defense is garbage this year, all they have is a pass rush and nothing else. However, we know that the Jets, no matter how crappy the defense, can't take advantage of this unless it happens to be one of the few games when the Offense actually shows up.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is possible the Jets will win.

16. jerseyjay14

the eagles defense sucks

the pats defense sucks

we didnt jack against either of those teams.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Exactly what the 2nd half of my post said.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If our fucking cornors can play to their potential, the Giants offense should be SHUT DOWN. They dont have a tightend, their run game is garbage. We need to shut them down completely, and hopefully put pressure on Eli.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This post has me excited.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We can usually rely on Revis/Cro/Wilson to give us a competitive game against any trio of WRs in the NFL. It's the TE that fucks us. Gonna have to put Strickland in there and get a good game from the front seven.