Kraft & Pats Catch Break / NFL To Jets: Drop Dead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The team plays well when they are pissed off though. I'd rather play the Pats than play the Ravens who also trounced us but they still scare me.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:lol: (Brees) Love it.

I thought Lucas was earlier but you're right, he was still with us in 2000 so he had to be 2001 or after for them.

Collectively we named half of them, not bad.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The hype and ratings are gonna be big, but the game will suck. Sorry, a Pat RB does not run out of bounds in that situation or Brady does not throw a pick 6 like Sanchez did to hand them the game. If the Broncos beat the Pats, I will go to church and pray and I am a jewish atheist. I would rather see the Ravens/ Chargers.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Get the Sunday Tix from DTV & you can watch whatever game U want :grin:

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Would rather face them than Baltimore. Baltimore is just as good as New England at home, and I still feel we can score against them, more than I can against Baltimore. I don't think the Ravens are unbeatable, the defense mostly shut them down when we played earlier this year, but I'm hoping Sanchez steps his game up for the last couple games into the playoffs.

He's played his best football of his career in the playoffs, and there's no fear factor with New England. They do have the revenge factor though. Baltimore, there could be an intimidation factor, in their place, where they stomped us earlier in the year, and our offense was embarrassed on national television.

Baltimore has a better running game than New England, and while their passing game isn't close to the Pats', Torrey Smith gives them a downfield threat to match Boldin underneath. I don't trust Flacco, but they have the ingredients of a good offense. Defensively, there's no comparison.

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It's always said that it's difficult to beat another team twice in one season, and incredibly difficult to do it three times.

Even though the game would likely be in NE, I would not feel good about another Patriots-Jets postseason matchup. Just being honest.

7. Italian Seafood

I was thinking that, too. If we could go up there and win six weeks after 56-3, I'd take my chances again. Better than being out of it.

Also, if the game happens it will be in Foxborough.

8. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

More than likely, yeah, but not quite set in stone just yet. I have no idea what Tebow will do against the Pats' defense and the last two games (Miami, Buffalo) should be wins but... divisional games, you know?

Either way I'd rather not see the Pats-Jets play again until next year!

9. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

I'd take that rematch with a full week's rest and that loss burning in the Jet's minds.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You would think so, but the stats don't really reflect that. Since the NFL merger in 1970, the team that won the previous two meetings against its divisional rival has a 12-7 record. That's pretty solid.

Also, in a weird sidenote to that, teams outside of the Dallas Cowboys have a .706 winning percentage when attempting to beat a team for the third time in one season. The Cowboys are 0-2.

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if the steelers win thier division ( sd beats balt), then the pats cannot be the #1 seed.

better to have pitt and houston be the first two seeds.

then, either we get the pats or denver in the wild card game. i'd rather NOT go to denver due to the thin air, which does effect the players of the visiting team in the 4th quarter,
    you have to build a huge points lead early in order to overcome that.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wow, you'd rather face the Pats than the Broncos?

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Huh? The Texans can be either 1,2 or 3. Not 4, that's a wild card. I don't care what the Pats do as long as the Texans are the # 3 so that's where we go if we get the 6 seed.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry I totally disagree with U if are the best we should be able to beat the best so I would opt for playing the strongest team in the SB derby not the weakest :sad:

15. Italian Seafood

There are four divisions, so the top four seeds are the division winners, # 1 and 2 get a first-round bye and second round home game, # 3 and 4 open the first round at home. The # 5 and 6 are the Wild Cards and open on the road.

16. patfanken

patfanken Banned

this is a little off topic but since the Pats Denver game was mentioned, I thought you guys would enjoy this skit from SNL. Very funny and in remarkably good taste.

BTW - It looks like Jesus will be inactive today although the Pats will still have the Nephew of God playing:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394/

#76 patfanken, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It is that reasoning I could never understand. I want what ever is going to make it the easiest path for the Jets to get to and win the SB.
    If they get to play Denver and one of Pitt, Ravens or Pats gets knocked out in the first round, I am all for it, if it makes the Jets chances better.
    If the best player from one of the other contenders goes down with an injury I am not moaning, as some do, that I wished the Jets could play them with their best players.
    How many years have key injuries crippled the Jets chances?
    Yes, if you are the best you should be able to beat the best but there is also the any given Sunday factor.

18. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Thanks for the post :beer: