Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning both say hi.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I thought it interesting that on the jetsblog board, BGA quoted Moore as saying that it is Schotty and not Moore who call all the plays. And I quote:

"it’s difficult to attribute all of the offensive success to Moore, especially when he himself said that it’s Schottenheimer’s offense, he calls the plays and Moore is just there from an advisory standpoint. Also, the increased reliance on the run has been a developing theme since throughout the season and they didn’t actually run many more screens than usual, they just broke a couple of particularly long ones to make it stand out more."

And yes, that also speaks to the complaints that the Jets have only recently been running screens.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/12/15/bga-extra-chiefs-at-jets/#more-48631

I think we can put to rest the silly notion that Moore deserves all the credit for any positives in the offense.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wow, you believe that heaping mound of lies?

4. Big Blocker

What makes you think they are lies? That they don't fit with your Schotty Hater's urban legends?

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Why would Moore lie to take credit away from himself? :breakdance: Grasping at straws here. Its like people want our offense to fail because they just hate Schotty so much.

6. Big Blocker

Haters gonna hate. It is really quite irrational.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

At first wasnt Moore supposed to work from home?

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Yep why is Moore here if Schotty is all that?

Answer: Schotty sucks, and we needed help.

Duh.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Good thing you aren't so irrational that you wish the guy was dead or anything...

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

"I’m just happy to have a job," Schottenheimer said, referencing the annual calls for him to be fired as the offense goes through ups and downs.

Schotty even admits he is lucky he is still here.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Bump for crappy offense.

12. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

This is one of schotty's worst games as a jet. Hope he has only one more calling plays.

13. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

How many times have the announcers said "I don't like that play call at all." Not just one announcer, at least two of them have said it.

14. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

this is the end of the road for schotty......and i pray sanchez IT AINT WORKING! MOVE ON!

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I am starting to see Schotty as an equal part of the problem. It's him and Mark, and they make a terrible combo. Brian needs to be gone next year and Mark needs serious competition.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah he needs to go....both of em

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You guys would have wanted eli manning cut after 3 years too.

18. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

You're starting to see Schotty as an equal problem now? He's been the major problem since he got here.

19. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Just waiting for ppl to go and blame the Giants loss on Mark too. When you throw 50+ times and 90% of the plays are for 5 yards or less, you have no chance to win. Every pass play was to the flats or a BS 5 yard route to the middle of the field. Worst O-Coordinator in football in my opinion. F U in advance to the people who love to rush to call rightfully angry fans overreactors. Theres not an offense or QB in this league that can be truly effective in this offense. If we completed every pass,we still might have lost. We NEVER go down field until it's too late. O yea... and that safety WAS NOT Mark Sanchez fault.

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Sanchez didn't have a good game. The blocking didn't perform well. The receivers dropped a few crucial passes.

That being said, how many times have we seen the Jets passing attack take the game over in the last three years? Really the passing for the Jets lately has always fed of the run. Why would we expect to see something different today?

Conversely, how many times have we seen the Jets offense play relatively well when they are rushing the ball consistently for positive yardage? How many times have we seen Sanchez play well when the offense is in a running mode and he throws in the occasional pass. Again, today we see the Jets go against things that are working.

The run was working, but the OC plans on a greater than 3:1 pass to run ratio when the Jets were never down by more than 2 scores. This with the running game avering 4.4 YPC. How many times do we see the pass protection worsen and Sanchez's play stumble (quite frankly) when the Jets are pass happy?

Sanchez may improve. I can't say one way or the other. However, I can honestly say that their is no way this OC will improve since he's proven to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.