Jets win, they're in!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Yes for sure the would be sitting pretty with a two game lead for the 6 seed. Unfortunately that is one the cannot get back, but it is still nice to be in the drivers seat controlling their own destiny. It would suck if it was in the hands of another team. Before Cincy blew it against Houston I was afraid that it would come down to Cincy having to lose to Baltimore week 17. Then having Baltimore rest all their player and Cincy getting the win keeping the Jets at home to watch the playoffs.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Revis will make sure DeSean Jackson gets embarrassed. Offense just has to keep on rolling, but I have confidence that Moore can keep Schnotty in check. Giants will be tough but the Jets have the edge at "home", and the Dolphins - they will be severely punished

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

With Philly back in the potential playoff picture and a Giant team that cannot afford to lose, the Jets have their hands full down the stretch IMO.

While they certainly can run the table I see lots of reasons they may not win out. I do think 10-6 may still get them in.

4. Motcrue4

Motcrue4 New Member

not going to happen. if you think miami is going to lay down for the jets the last game of the season so the jets can get into the playoffs you are sadly mistaken.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Of all the teams vying for the last WC spot, ONLY the Jets can lose the last 3 games of the regular season and still make the playoffs (mathematically, of course).

A nice little feature of being in control.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Door mats don't have to lay down, they just have to be door mats. They were playing for their coach, now all they want is for the season to end. Maybe Jason Taylor will get all amped up, but then again maybe he'll pass out after breathing in too much of his ben gay

[​IMG]

#46 GordonGecko, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. curtis

curtis New Member

What? Philly is 5-8 and two games behind Dallas and the Giants, they're done. And we'll be nailing the coffin shut on Sunday.

8. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

The Eagles are likely done, but not mathematically eliminated yet. Using the playoff generator, if they win out (vs. NYJ, @DAL, vs. WAS), and the Giants and Dallas both lose their next two, the Eagles can take the division with an 8-8 record. But The Giants and Cowboys face the Skins and Bucs, respectively this weekend, so I don't see them losing given the urgency of that division right now.

9. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Yeah, that's JUST what I want to see....the Jets lose their last 3 games and STILL make the playoffs at 8 and 8! Give me a break. I wouldn't want to see ANY team lose their last 3 and still go to the playoffs at 8 and 8....INCLUDING the Jets! If they lose even TWO out of their last 3, I hope they're out of it. I hate teams that "man down" in crunch time. Including us.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We need to take care of business this week against the Eagles. We cannot afford to take the foot off the pedal right now and even think about relaxing.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Then it's good that we play at 4:15 with the reality of elimination fresh in their minds. it certainly can't hurt.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just as a historical note the NYJs have never/ever beaten the Iggles in a regular season game. for all your stat lovers what does that say about the upcoming game this Sunday :sad:

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

we never beat pitt in pitt last year either champ :sad:

14. championjets69

Thanks I was unaware of that stat but at least we did beat them in Giant Stadium several years back. In the Eagles case we have never/ever beat them is a regular season game. :sad:

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man i remember back in 93 i think when the jets played the eagles at home. i think they had a big lead with esiason and mitchell and then......

the football gods woke up and put down the hammer.

geez after that game i was as pissed as it gets when it comes to a loss even though it was regular season. seems like yesterday.

16. championjets69

I think that was the game Cunningham broke his leg & Bubby Brister led them to victory :sad:

17. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

This thread is just about to become meaningless! Good job Jets. Way to show some heart and gutts and toughness. Friggin losers!

18. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Time to stop dreaming. The Jets have shown little character and winning mentality in their most important game of the season. They are on their way to their most embarrassing and heartless loss of the season. It's time to start considering the changes that will be made in the offseason. There is reason to question whether Rex has the attention of this team.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yes, that was the 0-3 finish that cost Coslet his job.

We were 8-5 and looking OK and then spit the bit.

That Eagles game was atrocious.....we got off to a flying start with Johnny Mitchell and then something turned against us, it wasn't the Eagles just getting long drives. I forgot what.

20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Not shaping up so well so far is it. I think someone forgot to tell the Jets that today's game counted. Neither O nor D have shown up.