Full summary of recent events - attacks, conspiracies and bans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Exactly, I think the people here just dont want to deal with the promotion aspect and see English tell some of the posters to check out the new site. That would be a disservice to Petro as it would be a competitor to this forum

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Sure. And the day that they do is the day I and I'm sure many other posters will turn their back on it. I like reading about and discussing the Jets with my well below average knowledge of football, I don't really have the time or the interest for pointless arguments. That's why I got married, at least I get to have make up sex when I argue with my wife - you lot don't even give me an apologetic blowjob.

I can tell you as a fundamental fact that there is no way that it will ever be open season on this or any other site. It would be unpleasant and unnecessary, and there's quite enough of both of those already.

3. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Sorry for the partial quote.

I came to this board to begin to interact with Jets Fans as there are very few where I live. In fact most UK fans from when I started watching are Steelers, Packers, Phins, 49ers and those in the last decade are bandwagoners like my sons friends

I read this board every day, I have learnt a lot, I'm grateful and it's still my fave way of keeping up with Jets but in the last year it was like watching a loved one deline through poor health.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

haha:lol: Posting on two jets board will be hard for me... its good to have balance around with other forums of different sports/topics

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

HAH! That's fantastic.

The amount of productivity lost by everyone in this process I get adds up to multiple work weeks.

I'm typing from a laptop tethered to my iPhone on a milk crate in a home I am renovating.

6. Johnny English

Absolutely fair, nor would I ask it. Although, minor point of note - it's not "my place" any more than this or any other messageboard is.

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, as I someone has already pointed out, this was posted as an explanation of what's been happening here lately. Quite a few people were wondering why several posters got banned, so I felt it was my obligation, as the owner of this website, to explain what happened and why.

I saw a few statements here that the initial post was just my side of the story, which didn't paint the whole picture. I don't think I was posting my side of the story here but merely a chronology of events that led to what happened.

1). It's a fact that the before mentioned group of people had a habit of constantly bullying everyone who didn't agree with them.

2). It's a fact that their actions were going unpunished because they had the now banned moderators on their side. Btw, I am going to review all bans made by those two moderators.

3). It's also a fact that several people were sending mass private messages, asking people to join that website and bashing this one.

4). It's a fact that both former mods were leaking information from the mod-only private forum. One of them even went as far as taking screenshots and posting one of them in the open forum.

So, I am not exactly sure what these two people here are arguing about. I never made it "us" or "them." This group made it so by their deliberate damaging actions towards this website. Did you expect me to just bend over and let them do whatever they wanted the way they used to? You were wrong if you thought so. They had crossed the line way before the infamous thread in the TT forum and they had to be stopped. That thread might have triggered all this but it definitely wasn't the sole reason why its author got banned.

I could go on and on about this but I really don't see a point. I never banned anyone for no reason. I never banned anyone for not agreeing with me, as these people are trying to imply. If anything, I think of this as of liberating this message board from a bunch of rogue individuals who were damaging it on a daily basis.

P.S. KOZ was never banned.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe.

9. Johnny English

And I'm moderately offended that, given the clarity of my position in this thread, you would think that I would do that.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Can you let us know who are no longer on this board due to this situation?

11. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I'm glad you have adressed these issues. I've been a member for a few years but as of late had not been involved for exactly the reasons mentioned. I was almost and allways reticent to post as I would get flamed for ...whatever. Last week I had the first positive response to a post I made, and it was rewarding to watch the topic engaged.

Thanx Petro!!

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Never said you would man...I am throwing an example out there if there are people who post on both sites.
    Don't be offended.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I've been here since I was 13 years old, I'm 20 now.

Yikes.

I'm staying put though :beer: .

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Holy crap, just saw that you were from Glasgow, I've been there a few times. Not exactly my favorite place in the UK but did get a chance to attend Rangers/Celtic at Ibrox and they do have some good beers. I did learn to avoid King Rib and the women are looser then a nickel slot machine. Next time I go to Scotland I'm either finding the Loch Ness Monster or playing St Andrews. My dad is actually thinking about taking a trip over and heading to check out the highlands. Basically fly to London, rent a car and then spend about 2 or 3 weeks driving around the UK. My family is Scouser and Welsh so we got the short end of the stick there.

15. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Always good to see someone stand up for what they see as right. I dont really have a dog in this thing just enjoy coming to this message board and just wanted to say its best one around

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Mr. Electric
    Jam
    Scikotics
    MBGreen
    Rockafella
    IgnatiusJReilly
    James Calvin
    IATA

17. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

*kisses bicep*

Anyway, I'll definitely miss the insight that some of those guys provided (mainly E, 624, and Iggy from who I can tell is gone), but I go agree that the gang mentality went a bit far and was taking over the board. There are still some incredible posters here and hopefully some newer posters will now feel less averse to speak up and be heard.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Taliban is running the show.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thanks

Alot of those guys were the comedians of the board and dominated the TT forum I think...Farewell to the kanadian.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey, just checked out this thread, and I have to leave early today, so I just wanted to say everybody have a great weekend, and see back here next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.