Full summary of recent events - attacks, conspiracies and bans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

You're a fantastic poster and you know your shit. I hope you start frequenting the site like you used to, when I started here I always looked out for your opinion on topics. Just sayin.

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

No one is going to be judged here for where they post.

They didn't just post over there, they BUILT a board for banned users and their friends/followers, while keeping those people informed of how much we knew about it by taking information from our mod forum, all the while pretending to be for the best interests of this site. Yet they were simply using us to get an early user base.

At first, they only lost their mod status, due to the conflict of the interest. One of them then decided to go out in flames and post a brutally bashing thread towards the site and the management in FOUR places on the board.

The other, after coming clean and losing mod status, engaged in a mass promotion via PM. That's a basic board rule, always has been. Build traffic by your own labor, don't spam your links to steal ours.

If you're THAT laissez-faire that you think it's all a free for all and there should be no rules or loyalty, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'd like to add that I'm not judging that group as a whole. Many many great guys that I consider friends decided to make the change. It's a choice. Those who went about it properly are welcome both places. Those who tried to play us for fools are not.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Agree to disagree.

The internet. Serious business.

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is, they were right but you weren't interested in admitting that to them?

I think it's really disappointing that first Petro and now you and others are choosing to set out your side of the argument without giving the others right of reply.

The other site has a clearly stated policy of not allowing any of its posters to say anything negative about this or any other site. I know that you know that. It's a shame that a site with 12,000+ registered posters doesn't feel secure enough to adopt the same approach.

I like this site and I'd like to remain an active member on it, but it feels a little like you're attempting to create an us or them situation. I'd hope that those of you who run TGG are big enough men to rise above that kind of behaviour.

5. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

This message board is huge. A lot of posters, a lot of good insight and ideas. People fail to realize this is a MESSAGE BOARD. It is created for people to present hypothetical ideas as well as discussing current events.

I was banned from the message board for absolutely no reason. MBGreen decided he did not agree with a thread I started, proceeded to ridicule me and then banned me after a buddy of his told him to. In that thread he did not even provide a sound reason as to why the idea was ridiculous. I had no access to the board. At that point I simply sent a message with hopes of a site admin reading my complaint. I actually got no notification my ban was lifted. I decided to check the website after a few weeks and clicked message board - that is when I noticed I could access it again. I check my inbox and it says "36 point infraction", for what I have no idea.

I think debate is great and so are disagreements. But if you disagree at least provide reasons as to why you disagree.

I am not sure if you have this on this message board, but a good feature you may want to add is the "ignore" button. It allows members to simply ignore other persons posts to the point that they cannot read them.

Thanks administrators and moderators for lifting the ban. And I look forward to reading others ideas and comments!

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We do have an ignore feature.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Where do you get that feeling from? What's being said here is that the rules on TGG are decided by Petro, not by a group of mods that insulted every poster they didn't agree with.

Petro himself encouraged them to build their own message board but you don't then use TGG and you mod status to steal users from one message board to the other. For message boards users count is kind of a big deal...

This should be written on the home page of TGG :p

#47 Mambo9, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Well said. One sided arguments that present everything as whole truths is not fair and balanced. It of course turns into a he said, she said sort of debate, but when you only have one side of that argument it doesn't paint the whole pictures.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Johnny, you clearly missed the point here. This isn't us vs "them". Petrozza explained to everyone who weren't receiving the mass PM's what the situation was and what happened.

10. Johnny English

Thanks, Mambo. When I want to discuss things who don't know what they're talking about I'll call my wife.

11. Mantana Soss

I never said that the ideas and beliefs of many of those no longer with us were wrong.

Yes, the front page needs more and varied content. That didn't mean a certain someone needed to aggressively flame out the board and it's owner.

RE: us or them situation: I clearly stated no one will be judged for posting at your place. That doesn't mean we're going to actively promote it and offer you free easy web traffic. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Why is it our responsibility to take the position of not discussing your site, when it's creation and initial promotion made a huge mess of this one?

I said your board has some great great guys as part of it, and you're one of them, JE. You, Agent Cooper, and some others seemed to have all of the best intentions, and I wish things would have gone the way you hoped they would. But you guys were also working with some characters that couldn't let things flow so smoothly.

I'm not saying our side of things made all the right choices, either.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh come on... everyone who has been following what went on in the past few months on TGG, and who knows the guys involved, has a pretty damn good idea of what happened and why.

And I know that in 1st person having clashed with Iggy, Mr E and IATA.

13. Johnny English

In that case, you might need to get on message with your boss.

Apparently criticism of the tone of an article constitutes an attempt at destabilisation.

Doesn't sound like it.

Please, for both sites' sake don't make posters feel like they have to choose a side. It's unnecessary.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

"Has a pretty damn good idea of what happened and why" now equals what actually happened.

To your point, you're misinformed if you think this just happened over the past few months.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) I didn't know you where as into this as I know understand you are.

2) I was just saying I don't agree with your analysis of the situation from all the info I have on it. Don't get me wrong... I also don't agree with some of Petro's intial actions but this thread puts them into context a little better.

that said I'll let you argue with the mods as you clearly have stuff to iron out...

That's when it escalated... that said, even if I didn't agree with some of Petros actions, you don't use your "old" message board as a place to raid for users of a new message board. Time, effort and money is put in a message board... your laissez-faire attitude is probably predicated on the fact that it's not your work, your time and your money.

#55 Mambo9, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This thread is obviously not a debate, it is a statement of facts of the events. If you don't grasp that that is your problem.

17. Mantana Soss

Correct, because it's been less than one month.

Most of us understand there was growing discontent with the way things were going around here, but the discontent was split.

One discontent group felt that we were being overrun with idiots, trolls, and negativity and not enough was being done about it (Many decided to take it upon themselves)

The other discontent group was upset about the first discontent group taking it upon themselves to enforce what was worth discussing on the board and what wasn't.

This had been building for a while in the eyes of many.

BUT - "this" in terms of what's caused mixed loyalties, harsh bannings, factions, etc started the moment Mr. Electric posted his "F Petro, His Negativity, and His Front Page Posts" manifesto. He will probably relish the credit/discredit I'm giving him, but it is what it is.

18. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Statement of facts through one persons view. Therefore Bill Clinton was innocent because he said he was. Same with Roger Clemens. I like you, you're a good poster, but really?

19. Johnny English

And this is my concern. It's a statement of a version of the facts as viewed from one side, with little or no counterpoint being invited.

I don't think that it's a healthy or necessary conversation to be had in public. As I've already stated, no conversation of or reference to the whole situation is being allowed on the other site, and it would be nice if TGG - by some considerable distance the larger site - could be man enough to do the same.

20. Mantana Soss

I'll let the "criticism of the tone of an article" found here provide my side of the argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.