Full summary of recent events - attacks, conspiracies and bans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I was surprised about MB, Scik and iggy....cool dudes both on board and real life. Sucks if theyre gone forever but whaddaya gonna do......and this whole thing started over that DOUCHEBAG Mr E????

2. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Wow, these are some pretty heavy hitters from this board. Shame though, because they added spice to the board. I was a member of other types of board where the members ended up trying to take over and did the same thing(created there own board), in the end they failed miserably

I do hope down the road that some of there very good posters will come to there senses and realize, these boards are about expressing ideas and thoughts without fear of reprisal or ridicule.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

the people banned were all very knowledgeable posters but very aggressive in expressing their ideas. One thing I realized was they would always attack posters if they did not share the same view points. Regardless of opinion or whether that opinion is valid, no poster should be attacked for having one.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree.

1st of all thanks Petro for making this board once again a place where people can discuss without being constantly harassed for their opinion. I have no problem in being shown I'm wrong while talking about football, but it had gotten to the point where if one didn't align with some of those guys all you'd get were insults.

That said some of the guys who were banned were valuable posters (when not insulting people). Football stuff from Iggy & Mr E and humor stuff from James Calvin & Puck was always fun to read and I'll miss that.

But I understand a line had to be drawn... so thanks for doing it and thank you for the time and work. Hopefully in time we'll find posters who are both knowledgeable and decent human beings like WW85 and Abyzmul.

PS I am sooooo happy I'll never have to hear from IATA again :), it still sucks 624 and Jam are gone... being pissed leads to stupid mistakes imo.

#24 Mambo9, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

hahahaha. That's priceless.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

thanks Petro for cleaning up the mess in Aisle 6

I won't miss getting warning PM notices from Calvin for politely disagreeing with him over something.

keep up the good work -- I will keep up clicking on those banners

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Having used message boards since the early days of FIDONET, sometimes peoples ego's get so big that noone elses opinion matters at all and if someone has a different opinion it must be squelched at all costs.

8. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I get that, it's just weird, it was pretty much Mr. E and Calvin who were getting ridiculous. Mostly Calvin since he all together, from what I could tell, stopped talking football on the board and wen't full time troll. E still talked football all the time, but was a dick so that's that. :shit:

9. al toon 88

al toon 88 New Member

Totally agree. Thanks Petro.
    Also from Italy.

10. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Wow are people that bored in the real world that they will go to these lengths? Crazy.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Another Italian? Wooo, taking over TGG!

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Damn, I didn't know internet football forums are so full of thuggin and gangbangers. This is craziness.

I like the forum here. It's been interesting to talk to other Jets fans and see their opinions in a actually decent manner.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good job Petro. I'll click a few links in your honor.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I feel a little guilty about the downward spiral that the board took. I had posted on an un-moderated metal forum in the late 90's/early 2000's where the rule was vigilante law and you crushed the spirit of trolls with cruelty and wit in the absence of mods.

The TT forum was the start of it, I wanted to make it into a venting forum and the wrong people latched onto it like a new toy. It spilled over into the other forums. I think I even helped it along in my own way.

My bad, Petro. The last thing I wanted was to hurt this site. I have some paying back to do.

But at least we got rid of Koz. That is the epitome of addition by subtraction. Plus that Canadian twerp. I was getting pretty tired of pretending he was acceptable.

15. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Once the dust settles, there will be a level of openness about it.

No one here is judging anyone for starting a new board, in fact Petro asked them to, because they seemed to think they could do a better job than he does and we do maintaining it.

But when two active TGG moderators are working on building and promoting the new site and messageboard, there is a conflict of interest and quite frankly it's a little traitorous.

On the brightside of things, it's been a little bit of a wake up call, and we're actually going to try to address the wants of the posters that are no longer with us.

They want a "smart people only board" which actually means an "only people that agree with us" board. Naturally anyone who doesn't... doesn't know football.

We want open discussion. Give us your crazy hypothetical ideas, blame who you want. Try not to bash the ideas and blames of others, too.

You're allowed to disagree, but instead of calling someone a moron, tell them why they're a moron without saying it directly.

We're going to do our best so that no one feels like they're walking on egg shells. That includes calming down both ourselves as mods, and the more aggressive thread bashing types.

But! We're working on a fun little something for the aggressive thread bashing types to get their piece of the action too.

It's everyone's board.

16. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I mean, to be fair. You did say if you didn't like it here, you should just start your own message board. Again, to be fair.

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Traitorous? It's a message board, not 'Nam. I don't know about you guys, but I post on all sorts of message boards. This is the internet, we sign no contracts that state you must remain loyal to one and only site. There's no COI clauses.

18. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Sometimes.....you have to flush the toilet........clean water!

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes good job Petro.

The biggest thing I appreciate though Petro is your desire to get this board back to how it used to be where people could express their opinions without getting pathetic attacks and what not. The egotistical responses were really damaging the board, especially for newcomers..

I never really had any really bad run-ins with these types but it really damaged my desire to post. ITs because if you ever said anything negative you were deemed as an idiot for some reason : that's not how it should be.. especially AFTER a loss when people just want to vent.

Also a lot of their "knowledge" was overrated too.. but I'll let that go.

I think someone said it best in a thread awhile back that this place is like a bar. I like that analogy. Like any other bar there's always some A-hole that comes there everyday and thinks he owns the place. But also, like any bar if you come in and start spouting off to the owner /or pissing off a lot of people, you are going to be tossed. No need to even try and make sense of the "RULES" thats how things ARE.

Thanks for everything Petro.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Good Job. These sort of people chase away new members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.