Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

My biggest issue:

Sanchez has only thrown less than 25 times in a game once this season.

I know that the running game and playing from behind plays a giant role in his attempts #s, but if anyone knows anything about the way the Steelers groomed Big Ben (I assume 94% of you don't) He was never allowed to surpass 25-30 passes in a game for his first 3-4 seasons.

Schotty has mishandled Sanchez from the beginning, and its been a good job by Sanchez to adjust.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Ben had the handcuffs on for 2 years. He was going way over 25-30 attempts at the beginning of year 3. It was consistent too.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Okay I forgot which season it was, but it still annoys me how this was handled from the beginning.

Now I remember why I thought it was 4 seasons- he was fucking terrible when he threw the ball over 30 times in his 3rd season.

In his fourth he finally was able to become what he is now.

#4184 NDmick, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

May Sanchez follow the same path.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

My personal favorite, 1st down slant incomplete, 2nd and 10 handoff straight up the gut, 3rd and 9! :sad:

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

and on 3rd down shotgun 5 wide with all 5 guys running a 6 yard hook

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's sad some of the posts, some people that I know they know the game better than they show in this thread.

1) it was just over 8 yds so it was at least a yard and a half away from the 1st down.
    2) the pass on 2nd down was wide open for a big gain, the QB missed
    3)running on 3rd and almost 2 is a very difficult spot for any team, he made the right call on both downs- the team didn't execute.

9. jerseyjay14

1) no one has any issue with the 2nd down call, its the combo of the 2nd and 3rd down calls.

2) we were fantastic running the ball on short yardage all game. asking us to get a yard an a half on the ground at the point wasnt really a gamble, especially since if you are inches short, your in a spot that allows you to go for it on 4th and inches.

and even if you DO pass, how about some kind of run pass option, and not the garbage play he dialed up.

10. nyjunc

Gee I wonder why? Maybe b/c we haven't been able to run most of the season and we've been trailing? Coincidentally the 2 games we led throughout(jax and Mia) he had 25 or less attempts.

Dal, down 14 heading itno 4th
    Oak, down 14 in the 4th
    Bal, down double digits most of the night
    SD, down 11 at the half
    NE, down most of the night
    Den, close game but we couldn't run w/ Greene and LT out

Everything is not black and white, you guys are so ridiculous w/ blaming everything on the OC.

11. nyjunc

Running on 3rd and less than 1 is very different than running on 3rd and almost 2. It was the right call to pass the ball, they didn't execute.

12. jerseyjay14

that only tells half the story... what about the other 6 games we played? what about the first buffallo game where we had drives where we were gashing them with the run, then just abandoned it despite sanchez looking completely awful?

this offensive gameplan and philosiphy is terrible. its hard to run because:

1) its so predictable when we are going to run, teams know its coming
    2) even when they dont know, our passing offense reloves around short quick throws, so the defense is packing it in anyway
    3) we always go to shotgun or empty backfield on 3rd downs, making it tough to even check into a run if the defense dictated we should

its terrible offense combined with terrible play calling and no adjustments. it is as bad as it can get. short passing offense with a between the tackles "3 yards and a cloud of dust" run game is the worst possible pairing you can have... as you are basically telling the defense "every one of our plays is going to be in this 8 yard area... no need to cover the rest of the field"

13. jerseyjay14

we had converted on short yardage in the 2 and 3 yard range several times already that game. passing there was inexcusable... even if it was 3rd and a full 2 yards, especially given where we were on the field.

and they didnt execute the pass, because it was a horrible play call asking the offense to be precise at doing something that is our biggest weakness. short passes in traffic on 3rd down.

why not a play action roll out pass/run type option if you are going to throw it? you know, make the defense actually have to work or something

14. nyjunc

what drives to we gash Buf w/ the run only to abandon?

you complain teams know we are going to run then you complain when we throw when we should run, how does that work exactly?

we converted on 4th and less than a yard on the 1st drive.
    we converted a 3rd and less than 1 later on

Those were the only 2 other 3rd/4th and a yard or less situiations we had all day.

The complaint you guys should have is passing on 2nd down not throwing on 3rd, it's easier to run on 2nd and 1 1/2 than to run on 3rd and 1 1/2 but we had a perfectly designed play on 2nd down that we didn't execute. If we run on 3rd down and get stuffed(great chance for that to happen) then you guys would complain about running.

15. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

I'd love to watch a Jets game with some of the OCs on here calling every play while on the clock before they know the outcome. I'd love it. And why don't people ever nitpick every D call?

16. jerseyjay14

because when we pass in run sitations, we make it obvious with our personel and formations... i.e. shogtun empty backfield on the 9 yard line

false. if we were short id be fine with it if it was via the run... as it also would have likely gave us a choice to go for it on 4th and inches in their territory

17. nyjunc

But you day everyone knows when we run then complain we are passing when you think we should run.

Believe me, if we ran it and didn't get it this board would have gone nuts saying we should have passed it. Maybe not you but the majority would have. Too many people complain aboutt he calls after they know if they work or not, I have complaints too but I don't complain based on the outcome. I complain w/ whether or not I agree w/ the playcall in that particular situation. I have many more complaints about execution than playcalling.

18. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

No doubt..The "Jets offense is so conservative and predictable...open up the O...take the handcuffs off Sanchez...martyball" posts would be flying around here...guaranteed!!!

But because a starting NFL QB in his 3rd year overthrows a wide open receiver 10 yards out by 3 feet people blame the OC..Unbelievable.

19. Trifco

Trifco New Member

If we had run in 2nd and hadn't move the ball, the try to run again on third, then yeah, people would've complained for running on 3rd.
    But after that GOOD call on 2nd and the awful execution by Sánchez, I don't think anybody would've complained for running on 3rd.

20. nyjunc

But 3rd and almost 2(it was closer to 2 than 1) is a very difficult spot to run in unless you spread the D out and try to trick them(or you are going against our 2003 run defense). Passing was the right call, it was frustrating to get almost 9 yds on 1st down and not get a 1st down but I had no problem w/ the sequence of plays called.