Mets 2011-2012 Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by southparkfanciz, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

You'll be shocked? They will be.

I hope faggot ass Fred and his moron son Jeff enjoy they're brand new, state of the art, and empty ShittyField.

2. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

At best, the Mets win 65 game next year.

AT BEST.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Dear Mets Fans

EL OH EL

Sincerely,

Yankees Fans

4. Odd Neck Stems

Yup. Fuck the Wilpons. I like Alderson, but with a payroll shrinking by tens of millions of dollars, this is pathetic.

5. osully55

osully55 Member

he said hed be shocked if they weren't. Fuck nothing to look forward to come baseball season

6. Odd Neck Stems

From Amazin Avenue:

Exactly.

7. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Anyone of those pitchers is better than Niese, Pelfrey, and Gee so.....

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I don't think Reyes is worth $100 million...

I think its a bad move by us...

You will be thankful next year...

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

If Tejada plays well, we'll get over this quickly. I think he can be every bit as good as Jose defensively real soon. The proof is gonna be in the offensive stats.

10. Odd Neck Stems

Tejada will never, ever, be remotely close to the player that Reyes was offensively. Reyes clicking at all cylinders was one of the top three offensive players in that National League, and, even with the injuries, was one of the top shortstops in the game. Tejada will be a useful player, hopefully, but he will never be any kind of a similar kind of threat. He has less range and a lesser arm than Reyes - he seems to have good hands, but he will never be close to the same player.

In order for the Mets to make up for this loss, there needs to be a lot of increased production around the board. The Mets lineup, barring injury, and with the development of Duda and Davis, can still score a few runs, but the Mets lack the type of pitching to hold up the position players.

Doubt it. We might be thankful five or six years from now, or maybe even three or four, but Reyes should be dynamic in your lineup. If Reyes doesn't have injury issues, he would've commanded a contract that made Crawford's look like chump change. If Reyes remains healthy, you guys get an absolute steal. If Reyes is hurt along the same rates that he has been throughout his career, you will get roughly equal value, probably. And if the injury concerns take out a year or more, you will be overpaying.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

my issue with Reyes is that he was going to get $100 million from somebody, and if not the Mets should have been operating on the assumption that he would. and if the Mets weren't willing to offer him that much they should have traded him last year at the deadline.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree with this 100%. I cannot see any argument for them having kept him.

13. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Yea, I misread it.

Needed a draw for the second half of the season to get fans into the ballpark. We can only say it w/ confidence after the fact that we get a 3rd round pick for him that we should have traded him. Very short sighted of them, but Fred and Jeff probably would not let Alderson even entertain offers so long as Reyes' batting title chase put butts in the seats.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

i said i'll be shocked if they aren't in last place next year.

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

proving once again why you have the classiest fanbase.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:lol::breakdance::lol:

17. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

So Pagan is our lead off and Pelfrey ur no 3 pitcher.....kill me now!!
    We may as well trade Wright get what we can and mail this year in...oh and Santana is now forecast to never get near 95mph again that means a 90mph "fastball" at best for our No1 pitcher....christ almighty its going to be painful guys

18. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

this team is going to suck so much dick this season. it still hasn't hit me yet that my favorite player of the last 6 years, one of the top 5 players in the game, and the sole Mets jersey i own, is no longer a part of this team.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'll wait until after the offseason but I'm on board with you guys. I usually travel to see them in LA, Phoenix and San Diego but if they just continue to run the franchise into the ground I'm done as well. I can tolerate them sucking hell they've sucked most of my life but I can't tolerate them acting like the Pirates. I was expecting them not to resign Reyes but the other moves they don't make will ultimately tell em if they're committed or not.

I won't be ordering the baseball package this year, slowly I've latched on to the Angels for a few reasons but now their GM is a graduate of my high school in Jersey so more reason to root for them. Plus I can watch their games on local TV. Don't know if I can ever walk away from the Mets but I ceratinly can start to root more for Anaheim.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

telling my son jose reyes was not on the Mets anymore was devestating.his head turned so fast and said "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" i said the mets are broke and its going to be a long season.

but at least we will get great seats like when i was a kid when Kingman and Mazzili where on the team in 82. oh god