Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I can only remember 2 overthrows plus another that was clearly a throwaway. There was the route that Hall jumped as well, but he does that to every QB in the game.

Three bad plays in the game isn't a big deal, but no doubt they will be overanalysed to death.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Except he doesnt have any early on.

We pass out of the I formation so often, its disgusting. 4 Dbs on 2 WRs....

3. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

Aren't they a "ground and pound" team that loves to use the FB...What do you expect?

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

A realization of what the rules allow?

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Hobbes, when you are posting in this thread on gameday are you tailgate drunk?

Just curious.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

jerkoff, I always use abyz because of the poster. Jerkoff

7. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Schotty is a favorite target of non-believers. He's executing the game plan as per Rex's guidance. He's doing what they need to do in order to win. The last 2 years prove that it can work.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Where were you the 3 years before Rex got here and BS was OC?

You do realize that the Jets offense struggled mightily the past 2 years also?

If Rex is calling for more Wild Cat formations then it tells me that he has a lot to learn about the offensive side of the ball and he will be working on his speech about how we will be winning the SB next year.

:)

9. DanR

DanR Active Member

[​IMG]

The last 2 years Schotty squandered a perfect/great O-Line, Running tandem, WR tandem, and defense.

Squandered meaning chance at a ring. If AFC championships are good enough for you then disregard my post.

10. Orlando J-E-T-S fan

Orlando J-E-T-S fan New Member

personal opinion, but if we brought in a new OC you would see a dramtic improvement in sanchez.

I just dont think schottys plays are well drawn up, too many times do we see Wr's running into eachother or running all similar routes.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You people are unfreakin' believable.

Sanchez struggled some today, but it has as much to do with the horrible offensive system and play calling as it does with his accuracy issues.

But, were you Sanchez bashers asleep for the last 7 minutes of the game? The guy made two great throws and led the Jets to ANOTHER 4th quarter come from behind win. How many times does this kid have to perform in the clutch for some of you to give him props???? He plays well when it counts and win.

He is 30-19 as a starting QB with tons of 4th quarter comebacks and 4 playoff wins. Does any other Jets QB come close to that winning percentage?

Does any other current NFL QB have more 4th quarter comebacks? (NO)

So pick apart this pass and that pass and keep nitpicking. I'll take the win.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. :lol:

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Fact 1- Sanchez absolutely threw a bad pass to Keller that missed by 5 feet.

Fact 2- It was a GOOD call by Shotty to go downfield on 2nd & 1

Fact 3- It's INEXCUSABLE for Shotty to go pass again right after that on 3rd & 1

Truth is, Shotty's decisions are what make him a fuking Moron!
    He has no Clue when to call what.
    Yes, every once in a while he seems to dial up a great game but those are so far and few that it's time to move on.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Great post. I agree on 2nd and 1 to take shots and it seems like we don't do it as often as we should so I was excited to see us do that finally. I believe the 3rd down pass wasn't even a rollout or playaction which would at least draw everyone in on the expectation of a run

16. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I've been wondering about this particular play... sorry for my lack of knowledge about it, but how do they call them? I mean... in this play all wrs run 5 yards.

Let's suppose that this 5 yard play is called "play 1"... do they have a different play called "play 2" that it's the same only that it's 10 yards instead of 5?

Alternatively, when they see that there's 7 yards to the 1st down mark, the play is always a 5 yard play, or is it possible to just call the play and then specify how many yards the wrs have to run in every occasion?
    Like "play 1 - five yards", "play 1 - 7 yards", and so on?

My guess is that it's always a 5 yard pattern (needs to be perfectly timed), but I don't really know how these things work.

17. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

How can anyone be happy with yesterday's effort? Pure hot garbage. This dumbass needs to go. I will tear my head off if I see another screen on 3rd and long or shotgun play on 3rd and short.

18. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

The team is sitting in 7th position in points scored this year.

you think with a lot of Jets fans in panic mode about Sanchez that he wasn't leading the team to scores.

The Jets rank 2nd in red zone scoring.

Bad QB's don't score TD in red zone.

They kick FG ala Rex Grossman.

for those of you who want replace Sanchez, who would you realisticly replace him with? Mcnabb?

For better of worse he will be the QB for the forseeable future.

The Jets have already proven they can win with him.

Lam

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

exactly the point I tried to make in the game thread. the fact that sanchez made a terrible 2nd down throw only compounds it. 2nd and 1 was a solid playcall. But on 3rd down and 1, after your QB just missed wide open reciever, and you are running fairly well (just got 9 two plays ago). No excuse to go to the pass there, just run it and move the chains.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was 3rd and a long 1, it was almost 2 yards. When we get stuffed everyone would say we should have passed.