Sanchez interception today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Nov 27, 2011.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Even IF, and a big IF, it had been called grounding if he threw at the receivers feet (and I've seen plays run where I thought grounding until I saw a RB in the vicinity), but even IF it were called grounding and a safety it's still better than a pick or Pick 6. Atleast there's a good chance it'll be called an incomplete pass. Throwing deep into triple coverage is NEVER a good idea and if you are going to throw deep into triple coverage throw it WAY deep....

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The safety isn't better by any stretch. That gives the opposing team a chance for a 9 point swing instead of 7.

3. The_W

The_W Banned

Please tell me how a safety is better than an interception?

4. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Saying that taking a safety is somehow better than the interception is ridiculous - absolutely ridiculous. Just give it up.

5. 1968jetsfan

If you trust your defense at all it is better by a long stretch. But the safety was an unlikely outcome if the ball is in the area of the receiver. I know how the rule is written, but I've also watched how it's enforced and refs almost never throw the flag if a receiver is within a yard or two of the pass. All you have to do is throw the ball to the receivers feet or legs and your fine...

6. 1968jetsfan

If you trust your defense a safety is 2 points and that's probably all.
    a pick deep on your side of the field is 3 points and very likely 7 points.

plus the safety was very unlikely if he A) just runs out of the pocket and dumps it (which was very possible) or B) just throws it at Green's legs....

7. The_W

The_W Banned

How exactly?

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Because then they dont score again when they get the ball back. Safety is better then a td. Are you serious or retarded?

9. The_W

The_W Banned

After a teams gets a safety, it will also get usually good field position after the free kick so it can lead to a 9 point swing.

Like UKK said a 9 point swing is worse than a 7 point swing, any way you cut it.

10. The_W

The_W Banned

And what is this TD you are referring to?

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Sorry I didnt realize how slow you are. An interception thrown out of your own endzone is either a touchdown or on around the 10 yard line. That is most likely a TD or at very best a gimme fg.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

So you dont understand how a pick giving up the ball around the 10 yard line isnt a touchdown but a safety is an easy touchdown to drive the 60+ yards down field after.

13. The_W

The_W Banned

What?

You have a stat to back that up or are you just throwing shit to the wall?

Again if you trust your D, it shouldn't be a FG, definately not a TD.

Only reason when taking a safety would be considered a good play would be with in the closing minutes of the game, with a 3 or more point lead and having to punt from your own endzone. That is the only valid time to think about deliberately giving up a safety.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

This hurts that I am explaining it to you. How the fuck would it not be a TD or a fg when he is throwing a pick out of his own endzone is what he was saying. No one was down field at all. Of course he doesnt want to give up a safety but its better then giving up an interception thats either a td or close to one.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WTF?!?! it's a stupid play regardless, but if you really trust your defense..... how the fuck is guaranteeing 2pts + possession better than an int + making them score?!?! (possession w/ better field position)

I'm no Vince Lombardi + I've been drinking, but holy cow there's some retarded shit here!

16. The_W

The_W Banned

I didn't know that TDs were a given when gotten in the red zone. Nice to know.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

No but FGs pretty much are if it isnt a pick 6. Ill take giving up 2 points and them having the ball then almost a given TD or 3 points. You talk about giving up a touchdown after safety with good field position like its a given. You are retarded stop posting.

18. The_W

The_W Banned

[​IMG]

This can't be real.

Someone arguing that the following is true TO < TO + 2 pts and pleaing to stop posting for being a retard.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

We are arguing over something that didnt fucking happen first off. Someone said if you trust your defense taking the 2 points is not as bad as most likely throwing a pick 6. If you don't agree with that there is nothing I can do for you. Why are you even here? Go back to watching your faggot version of football in Finland.

20. The_W

The_W Banned

:rofl:

filler