Our cap situation next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by THUNDER, Dec 1, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

And that's another thing.... Have you noticed that the Jets aren't any good vs. the run this season? They lost to Oakland cause Mcfadden torched them, that 70 yard or so TD turned that whole game. They lost to Denver cause Tebow was allowed to run 22 yards to score the winning td. They look slow chasing these guys and get beat to the edge. A major reason why the D is in question is cause they SUCK AGAINST THE RUN. The one thing they do well, up until last week is cover. Revis is the best ,,, Wilson is much improved. Other then covering a TE,,, which also is a Bart Specialty (sarcasm),,,, they are considered a team that covers well....

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

He could be hurt, Rex might be trying to light a fire under his ass.....but he's not on sideline because he sucks as a player. Get your head out of your ass.

I'm going to assume you're illiterate.

I posted that Bart has a defined/role in this defense. He takes on blockers and frees up space for Harris to make plays. He does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't produce your precious stats.

HE'S NEVER BEEN A COVERAGE LINEBACKER.

Watch the fucking games, and learn something.

3. #28Martin

You watch the games. Your the one who said you don't know why he's next to Rex during passing plays. Sure you know. Cause he couldn't cover an eligible OL going out for a pass, let alone a TE or RB. Listen, at the end of the day, you think Scott is good, I think he's horrible. We can agree to disagree and move on.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah, they had one awful game against the run, and it was Darren McFadden. You solely blame Bart Scott for that, huh? And your golden boys Harris and Pace get a pass just because you don't like Bart?

And Bart played tremendous against Denver. How do you blame him for that last Tebow run when it was clearly all on Eric Smith? You clearly don't watch the games, you're a typical SOJF who just wants to bitch about any and everything.

5. #28Martin

Nah, I really don't want to bitch about everything. Yes, you are correct in that the Tebow run was on Eric Smith who got caught inside. That being said, they've been run on in more games then just the Oakland one.

Green-Ellis torched them for 136 yards the first Pats game and he stinks this season. Reggie Bush 7 yards a carry vs. them in the Miami game.

Pace and Harris are far better then Scott. Not even a discussion. Either if not both could end up in the Pro Bowl this season. Scott has as much a chance of making the Pro Bowl this season as Hunter does.

#45 #28Martin, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

So now Calvin Pace is a pro bowler, huh? Wow..

And why do you think Green-Ellis ran like that in the 4th quarter.. couldn't have been because the Jets came out in a dime look, Scott out, and Brady ran a no huddle so they couldn't get him back in.. could it???

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Funny I do not consider you are bitching IMHO U R just pointing out what you seeing as you watch the games but to most on this board what you posted is considered hearsay because they are homers & consider your posts to be anti NYJ & they then try to drive U off the board because they only want people on this board that reflect there views of the NYJs JMHO:smile:

8. #28Martin

I remember them getting run on alot that game. As for Pace and I mentioned this a while back. I think he's been really good this season. He's noticable, he's made plays. Yes, I wish he was the pass rusher alot of us expected but overall, he's been real solid.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

So, by watching the games....I'll magically KNOW what Rex is thinking, and how he handles his roster. Scintillating. :rolleyes:

That's fine, I told you Bart isn't known for his coverage skills. That doesn't mean he's pure garbage.

10. #28Martin

Excellent post and I agree !!!! TY !!!!

I will say this and I realize it comes off differently based on getting caught up in certain arguments but I really am more optimistic with the Jets (most of the time) then I come off. That being said, I thought they'd be really good this season and they haven't been, so of course now i'm disappointed.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

No, Champ.

there's nothing wrong with pointing out asinine stupidity. #28Martin is welcome to his opinion....but if he doesn't think he'll get scrutinized for his half-ass opinions, then he's on the wrong board.

You should be used to the same treatment.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

No, it's not about him making anti-NYJ posts and myself and others getting upset about it. It's a lack of knowledge and understanding that causes this. If you don't know what Bart Scott does on the defense, you shouldn't complain about his lack of statistics.

If you want to say he's bad in coverage, then go right ahead, that is pretty clear at this point of his career. But to blame him for everything going wrong with the defense, saying he sucks, and blaming him for the Tebow run is absurd and shows a CLEARLY lack of football knowledge. Plain and simple.

13. #28Martin

And this is where you are wrong. I absolutely know what Scott does on defense,,, I know what the position entails. I don't agree with your opinion of how well he does it.. That's all.... Yes, in this scheme, he takes on blockers so Harris can make tackles, yes, alot of that position doesn't show up on the stat sheet,,, but NO, I don't think he's been real good at ANY OF THAT this season..... That's my point.

And continually questioning my football knowledge is comicial. Absolutely comical. My point on the Tebow run, which you like to point out is that the Jet's defense loses the edge all season. Yes, i'm sorry,,, you are correct in that Tebow's run wasn't Bart's fault. But what happened on that play, Bart has been a part of all season,,, INCLUDING MCFADDEN'S GAME.

14. championjets69

All U have to say is Scott is no Lewis & we would all understand that :smile:

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

well said.

100% correct.

16. #28Martin

Yeah, just say that.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh...so player comparisons you understand....but explanations regarding what the player's role on the team is, goes completely over your head.

good to know.

18. championjets69

Wow I could not have expected a more canned answer then what U have just posted. Just because HHO DOES NOT agree with your HO does not make him stupid. In fact others who have the same opinion of Scott as Martin OTH think U all are the silly ones :smile:

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'd reply to this, but i'm sure Sundayjack doesn't want to receive any whiny PMs from you today.

20. championjets69

Just posting MHO of the real situation on this board :smile: