Wow Schotty..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by raphac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]ztVMib1T4T4[/YOUTUBE]

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Note how Schotty is so sure we can outsmart the opponent we run a 9 man offense :p

(since in the game #10 & #11 were Mulligan and Ducasse I'd say that schematic is pretty accurate).

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Schotty: the black hole of QB's

lol

5. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Why all of the sudden is Schotty speaking out? Worried for his job? I can only hope so.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Trent Dilfer:

#filmstudy Sanchez: Schotty haters need to chill, solid run schemes, gr8 pass concepts, balanced play calling. This is a player issue!

7. Jetnad

Jetnad Member

Cam Newton is one player on one team and is not a fair representation of "most teams". Most teams, or in this case all teams, that are averaging 300+ passing yards a game are winning with Brees (335ypg), Brady (330ypg), Rodgers(316ypg), and Manning(305ypg). The next eight QBs on that list are winning besides Newton and Rivers. Has Green Bay even been trailing at all this season? Get real.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

My guess is, unless somehow Schotty goes somewhere else on his own decision, that he's more likely than not to be back next year.

The other variable would be if somehow some great OC candidate suddenly appeared available, that might make a difference. But will the Jet FO fire him to move up Callahan, or move someone from a college staff or who is not or has not been an OC in the NFL, in effect promoting him to see how he works out, into the Jet OC position? I think not.

The one other thing that might make a difference would be if the O sucks the rest of teh season and the Jets end up 8-8 or worse, which is very possible. Worse than 8-8 makes it more probable. But just not making the playoffs, and ending up 9-7 or certainly 10-6, will imo not be enough for them to fire Schotty.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

If you could actually give us a few examples of these gr8 pass concepts your argument would be much more effective. I'm not saying that the guy can't design a good play, but so far I have yet to see anyone put forth any solid evidence of it. Forwarding a tweet from Trent Dilfer isn't going to convince anyone.

The other part of the issue is not just the design of the plays but when he calls them and also the fact that it consistently takes too long for the play to be communicated to the offense.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There are very few teams built to win beind 300 yd passing games, those are the teams w/ elite QBs like NE, GB, NO,...

You bring up Eli, he had 406 yds the other night yet his team got blown out. he had 420 against Seattle and lost, he had 311 against SF and lost, he has only 2 wins this year when throwing for more than 300 yds.

Let's look at some other QBs:

Romo: 1-3 in games he threw for 300+ yds
    Young/Vick: 0-2
    Schuab: 0-2
    Cutler: 1-1
    Ryan 1-3
    Campbell/Palmer: 0-3
    Rivers: 2-3

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Trent Dilfer is an idiot if he looks at Schotty's schemes and thinks they're worth anything. Half the time I can tell you whether we're running or passing based on how the Jets line up. If I can do that the scouts with film probably have him nailed about 80% of the time.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

60/40 Shotty stinks more

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i am neutral on BS - do think his genes have a bit of his dads offensive approach but all in all the O is OK. just remember when we had hackett in here and the bipolar threads about him.

me thinks this is more of a QB issue - not too hate on MS but his body of work is not improving in year 3 - no matter how u slice it.

and it makes u wonder if the ceiling has already been hit with him??

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Of course it is. Been saying that since jumpstreet.

And Dilfer big time knows the game. Don't want to hear how he somehow doesn't.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

People are obsessed with the 300 yard game and I dont get it. If we are passing for over 300 yards it probably means our run game was shit or we just had a monster of an offensive game. Like the Dallas game in the beginning of the year. Our O was real sloppy and we couldn't run the ball at all. Mark was able to step up and get us a win with a lot of help from Joe Mcknight. If Sanchez is throwing for 300 yards we will lose a lot more then we win.

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I'm obsessed with the QB throw a solid pass to the WR,,, in front of him so he can run down the field. Instead of constantly behind the receiver. Holmes is a great WR. Look at his numbers. Only QB that could hold him to such lousy statistics is Sanchez.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:breakdance:

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Oh his accuracy has been terrible but this is about Schotty even though I know you love to talk about how much you hate Mark. Your last sentence is just stupid though.

19. matt robinson 17

He's killing Holmes...need to throw the ball down the field to open up the running game

20. matt robinson 17

Why not throw to McKnight on that play he was open?